What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Year's Day bowl game thread

Wisc squandering some opportunities. 3 points on the first drive, missed FG, and fake punt for no points.

tCU giving as good as they r getting ... For now.
I'm worried about that Badger running game though. Not sure if TCU can handle the grind in the second half.

Wisconsin looks too much like Nebraska, it's hard to root for them, but I have to because I picked them with the max 35 points in my pool!

TCU taking over the second half!

Great mix in play-calling to get down the field and put another TD in.

Wisconsin needs points on this drive. had a bad stretch with the PI call, failure to wrap up on the big TCU play....and now bad field position and block in the back. need to get a grip.

If TCU hangs on, I might have to make an argument for the first split national title since 2003. Usually I don't give these types of schools credit because fo their easy schedule, but TCU has good athletes, and I think they can play with anyone. I thought Wisconsin had a good enough team to win a national title this year.

if tcu covers nick toon, i might have to make an argument for the first split national title since 2003. Usually i don't give these types of schools credit because fo their easy schedule, but tcu has good athletes, and i think they can play with anyone. I thought wisconsin had a good enough team to win a national title this year.

fify.

TCU missed a good opportunity to seize control of the game there. But great job on downing the punt inside the 5.

I have to hand it to TCU, they are winning but without tricks and gimmicks like Boise did against OU, they are just playing tougher and faster than Wisc.

I have to hand it to TCU, they are winning but without tricks and gimmicks like Boise did against OU, they are just playing tougher and faster than Wisc.

Did you even watch the BSU Oklahoma game?

The Rose Bowl experience looks awesome. To think CU will be playing in that stadium next season (as many as three times) has me looking ahead.

Both offenses are fun to watch. TCU has such good execution. Dalton is doing a great job leading a bunch of undersized plucky overlooked DFW high school leftovers. He makes them look good, even with those slippery roller-skates they have for footware.

TCU's jerseys with white lettering on black shirts is the best look in football. Of course, Nike should have used a bigger font on the 'Horned Frog' printed across the front.

Wiscy's O-line has a solid 50 pounds per person advantage over TCU. All that mid-western cheese and beer fed big fail talent doesn't make up for execution. The fake punt was good, though.

It amazes me how TCU, a non-AQ school with 7K students that are divided evenly between the theology, music and football programs can achieve such lofty heights. If only the CU and Embree had that kind of commitment to football success....

Of course I did. Did you?

I watched every play. BSU was all over OU in the first half. No gimmicks.

Even on that last drive and overtime, I'm not sold on the "trick play" argument I hear out of Norman so often.

The hook and lateral was great execution on a play the team had practiced all season.

The OT TD hookup between the receiver and TE was admittedly a bit of a strange call, and certainly OU's D was a bit disoriented when Zabranski didn't line up behind center.

But the statue of liberty was a thing of beauty. Trips right...we all knew it was going to be a screen right, no? Misdirection is a staple of football. Show one thing and do another. BSU did that better.

But my main point is that Boise State lined up against OU all game, and outplayed them. While you and I may disagree with what happened at the end of the 4th quarter, and OT, don't disregard the rest of the game. BSU played a physical game.

Equally impressive, IMO, and to the future Big East conference membership, is that the Rose Bowl is about 45% blanketed in purple.

There's no way I take my eyes off the real Beyonce, when she's wearing that and doing that right in front of me. Just sayin'...

Back