1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next roster move that needs to happen: Devin Ross as our kick returner

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He showed a great burst on his one opportunity. Not only do I think he enhances that position if he gets the nod over Severson, but we need to see him building confidence because of what that could mean to us at WR.

2. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Agree, but I think you mean devin rose, well that's what bolerjack kept calling him....

3. The Ogre

The Ogre Club Member Club Member

Even though Severson hasn't sucked statistically before tonight, I would like to see a real threat returning kickoffs. Someone more explosive than Spruce doing punt returns wouldn't hurt my feelings, either.

4. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I'm glad he finally got his opportunity to return kicks at the Ross Bowl.

5. Buffnik

On punt returns, I'd pretty much be ok with a fair catch every time. I know it's boring, but unless you've got a superstar back there you'll get a lot more negative plays (penalties, turnovers, punts allowed to bounce down field, punts caught inside the 10) when you have a less sure-handed, high football IQ back there who is trying to make plays.

In other words, I'm fine with Spruce. And if we are ever in a position where we need a big play I want to see P-Rich back there.

P.S. Spruce is really progressing as a WR. He had a nice game tonight.

6. Buffnik

Yeah. I'm not negative on Severson. He's done a pretty decent job and been close to busting a couple. I just think there's more upside with Ross as the primary.

7. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

Agree - Spruce's hands are flypaper and his routes are Gakked squared. If he was faster, he'd be Jordy Nelson II. Also, I liked seeing PRich dig that one sideline reception literally out of the dirt. It's almost like he read the Allbuffs "PRich" threads from last week. :thumbsup: