What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Next year's schedule

^^^This^^^

The Buffs are catching UGA in a down year. But UGA is catching CU in a down decade. The B12 competition has left CU in the dust, until proven otherwise.

UGA just beat a good GT team at their house. UGA might be "down" but they still have great athletes and a good coach. Hopefully the game will be hard fought and we'll keep it close.

why would anybody predict a Colorado State victory over CU?? Both teams were 3-9. CU has a lot of motivation, and will still have more talent. I honestly don't see how anybody can claim the game is a lock either way.... :huh:

Add to that, CSU will be starting an inexperienced QB and a relatively inexperienced OL (especially compared to this year). Actually, the only place I think they have some proven talent on offense is at RB. Hard to tell about their defense because they were without Brewer all season and they were really hit hard by injuries. Seems like plenty of questions on both sides, which just about sums it up when two 3-9 teams face off.

So what you are saying is that we won our last road game because of the remnants of a burnt down structure?

The last dying embers of that bonfire keeping the cold and dark at bay. Couldn't last forever. Kind of like the ending of "White Fang" (or was it "Call of the Wild"?).

Should win:
CSU
Baylor at home
KSU at home
Hawaii at home
ISU at home

50/50
KU at KU
Mizz at Mizz

Low probability:
OU in Norman (highly unlikely)
GA (GA has loads of talent but who knows)
TT in Boulder
Cal at Cal
NU at NU

I see six or seven wins, realistic case.

Hate to be the negative one here.... but with Hawk running the show we are not winning against mizz or KU on the road (Hawk is 2-20 on the road)

Unfortunately here is what I think

Should win
ISU at home
Baylor at home

50/50 shot
CSU
Hawaii (there offense is great- look at what TOLEDO's very similar offense did to us this year)
KSU at home

Probably gonna lose
OU
UGA
KU
MIZZOU
NEB
CAL
TT

I think best case we win all the games in the 50/50 list, and maybe pull one upset.

BEST CASE- we end up with 6 wins

I think with Hawk running the show - we get 4 wins - but who cares how many wins we get as long as we are having good academic and community success, since that was what Bohn seems to care most about anyway

And just about everyone here picked Kansas to finish 1st or 2nd in the North this year while KSU and ISU sucked big, fat donkey dick. Cal had a disappointing season and so did Georgia. Oklahoma was way down and may be going through a coaching change. Hawk's had a great record against Texas Tech. Baylor hasn't come close to living up to the hype (even before Griffin's injury).

Our schedule could, in fact, end up being a very tough one next year. But there's also a very good chance that it's nowhere near the monster everyone is making it out to be.

And just about everyone here picked Kansas to finish 1st or 2nd in the North this year while KSU and ISU sucked big, fat donkey dick. Cal had a disappointing season and so did Georgia. Oklahoma was way down and may be going through a coaching change. Hawk's had a great record against Texas Tech. Baylor hasn't come close to living up to the hype (even before Griffin's injury).

Our schedule could, in fact, end up being a very tough one next year. But there's also a very good chance that it's nowhere near the monster everyone is making it out to be.

Very true, sad part is, our schedule was weak this year and we won 3 games. So does it really matter how strong it is or isn't?

Should be wins - but the Buffs will lose one

CSU
Hawaii
Baylor
Kansas State
Iowa State

Chance at an upset, in order of probability - the Buffs will win one

Texas Tech
at Kansas
at Missouri
Georgia
at Nebraska
at California
at Oklahoma

The Buffs go 5-7, thisclose to a bowl bid after falling against Nebraska in Lincoln ... and Buffs fans are treated to yet another year of the Hawkins' administration ... :huh:

I like that breakdown Montana. I think we are likely heading into Lincoln at 5-6 just like in 2008.

I also think you're right that 5 wins would be enough for Hawkins to keep his job.

Should be wins - but the Buffs will lose one

CSU
Hawaii
Baylor
Kansas State
Iowa State

Chance at an upset, in order of probability - the Buffs will win one

Texas Tech
at Kansas
at Missouri
Georgia
at Nebraska
at California
at Oklahoma

The Buffs go 5-7, thisclose to a bowl bid after falling against Nebraska in Lincoln ... and Buffs fans are treated to yet another year of the Hawkins' administration ... :huh:

If I'm searching for a barometer of the the mood of the CU football fans, I don't need to go further than this post. Nobody will argue Montana's dedication to this program through the thick or thin. Also notable is his historic optimistic outlook regarding all things CU.

His lack of enthusiasm for next year's campaign is indeed telling.

I like that breakdown Montana. I think we are likely heading into Lincoln at 5-6 just like in 2008.

I also think you're right that 5 wins would be enough for Hawkins to keep his job.

I'm in agreement with the both of you. 5-7. If he keeps his job next year with this record, i'm done until he is gone.

I have a hard time believing they keep him after a 5th straight losing season. I think '10 is his last chance to turn it around. But, I've been wrong before.

I have a hard time believing they keep him after a 5th straight losing season. I think '10 is his last chance to turn it around. But, I've been wrong before.

You would certainly think that a 5th straight losing season would be the end for him, but logic and common sense also also tells one that going from 6 wins to 5 to 3 in years 2-4 would've spelled the end. :huh:

Chances are we are stuck with this ****head until the end of time. If they didn't fire him after this year, they probably never will.

Thankfully, after every passing terrible year, I find it more and more difficult to care. By the time Hawkins is done here - minimum 3 more years - I won't be watching anymore.

Woah, temper your high expectations, I wouldn't go that far. Griffin is an animal. All he needs to do is watch Reesing/Daniel tape on us and he could have a field day.

And if Griffin goes down again next year for soem reason, that Nick Florence kid is pretty good too. Remember he brought Baylor back for a victory vs. Mizzery AT MIZZERY. Something Hawkins will never be able to coach his teams to do (win on the road that is).

and if griffin goes down again next year for soem reason, that nick florence kid is pretty good too. Remember he brought baylor back for a victory vs. Mizzery at mizzery. Something hawkins will never be able to coach his teams to do (win on the road or beat mizziou, that is).

fify

Should win:
CSU
Baylor at home
Hawaii at home
ISU at home

50/50
TT in Boulder (Hawk has done well against Tech)
KSU at home (Hawk has not done well against KSU)

Low probability:
KU at KU
Mizz at Mizz (Mizz has made Hawk look terrible)
OU in Norman (highly unlikely)
GA (GA has loads of talent but who knows)
Cal at Cal
NU at NU

I say they win 3 of 4 on the should win list, 1 of 2 on the 50/50 list and steal one on the low probability list for a 5-7 season. Fifth straight losing season for Hawk.

CU really likes to play the tough OOC.

Cal and Georgia in the same season?

Great for the fans, but not so great for program building.

i can't wait to hear the excuses about the schedule if they fail to deliver a bowl team again next season.

actually, i take that back. i can wait. indefinitely.

Back