What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Next year's schedule

If dillon, p-rich and thomas play and play well, this offense will be decent. Problem once again will be defense. NO LB'S and NO safties and unless crawley, wright,bell and henderson improve , this defense will be just as bad as this years version.

Maybe the new coaches will help( if they have the balls or care to make this program better) meaning benson and co.

Nik,

That's unbelievable. Another year for those reasons? How does anything get done at CU?

It doesn't.

The university is geared towards sucking at the public teet in the form of federal grants and by soaking out of state kids with private school tuition fees.

They can't be bothered by athletics issues.

The powers that be appear cynically content letting the boosters who picked Embree to sleep in the bed that was made for the foreseeable future.

CSU
Central Arkansas
Fresno State

Home
Arizona (potential top 25 team by the time we get them)
California
Oregon (Potential top 5 team)
USC (Potential top 25 team)

Away
Arizona State (Potential top 25 team)
Oregon State (Potential top 25 team)
UCLA (Potential top 25 team)
Utah
Washington

Try to tell me with a straight face that schedule is not tougher than this season. Nine common opponents from this season and we pick up a potential preseason top 25 team on the road (Oregon State). Plus Central Arkansas, arguably the easiest game on the schedule, will be no pushover.

I see with our staff right now, 1 win on that list maybe 2 and those being the first 2 games. Otherwise we lose the rest. Good Job CU admin. We will progress from 3-10 to 1-11 to 2-10... 6-31 over 3 years. Hell 3-21 over 2 years is bad enough to get coaches fired almost anywhere else in the country...

My first thought is simply, Does it matter?

We have lot of good young talent but still will lack upperclass leadership. Who on this team knows how to win games?

It would be a shock if Embree gets replaced at this point, I'm betting he gets fired with three games left next year, just like they did with the Bozo from Boise.

Another lost season regardless of who we play.

CSU
Central Arkansas
Fresno State

Home
Arizona
California
Oregon
USC

Away
Arizona State
Oregon State
UCLA
Utah
Washington

Try to tell me with a straight face that schedule is not tougher than this season. Nine common opponents from this season and we pick up a potential preseason top 25 team on the road (Oregon State). Plus Central Arkansas, arguably the easiest game on the schedule, will be no pushover.

Yikes. Hard to find more than 1-2 wins on that one. CSU and Central Arky should be wins, but this staff has a way of surprising us. Home games are tough, USC and Oregon are no-hopers. Arizona just wrecked us and Cal is immensely more talented than we are. They'll also probably have a new coach and, as we have seen this year, that is not the hindrance that some think it is.

So we essentially traded WSU and Stanford for Oregon State and Cal? Not a good trade for us. We won't beat either of those teams, so there goes our one possible P12 victory.

I believe we play CU in Berkeley next year but different sites are listing this game's site differently.

If you're right, then I assume the Beavs would come to Boulder, since there's no way we have 3 conference games at home and 6 on the road. At this point, that's actually a trade I would happily take...

Conque is a good coach at UCA and tends to get in some top division level players who had issues qualifying on time, etc. They'll be moving to the top conference soon and already better than bottom-dwellers like UMASS (and would likely dispose of Sacramento State). Oh and Conque dealt with an affair better than another one of his former Arkansas peers. Oh and purple and gray field. Freaky sight.

I am predicting 3 wins. We either beat Cal, Utah, or Oregon St. plus we beat CSU and Arky.
Second prediction. Fresno beats us by 35.

at this point, why is anyone predicting 3 wins, let alone one?

kids, there is no mike leach on the schedule. that is CU's one automatic win. lord only knows why but, it is. and that does not happen next year.

now, if there are some significant changes for the better :)lol:) on the OC and DC fronts and even some position coaches :)lol:), we might have a reason to hope for 3 to 4 wins.

but, until we see any of that, all of this is academic and quite laughable.

SI article in 3 years...

"What Price, The Destruction of a Program: Colorado"
-From Championships to Intramural's - Why a once great power is no longer a threat to college football nor the people of Boulder.

By, Rick Reilly.

Wow. Here is how I see it.

CSU-probable loss. McIlwain is a far better coach and CSU traditionally gets amped to play CU. Embo, really has no idea what he has at year's beginning (i.e. Jordan Webb is the best QB?)

UCA-probable win. This is a pretty decent FCS team. While CU should be favored, it is possible Embo wets himself again in the face of a determined well coached FCS team.

Fresno- probable loss. At Robbie Rouse won't be there to do a MWC version of Kadeem Carey, but Derek Carr will be there. DeRuyter knows what he is doing, Embo, well....

Zona- Probable loss. Rich Rod will be rolling in year two.

Cal- probable win. New HC, well, first year coaches line up to take a bite out of Embo, so maybe not a plus, but still CU should have a chance at home. This is probably the one of ONLY 2 P12 games they will be competitive in.

Oregon- No hope. Maybe HCCK will take his foot off the gas again at 70.

U$C- No hope.

ASU- Probable loss. Once again, like RichRod, a HC who has a plan and an idea of how to be successful.

Oregon St.- Probable loss. Riley is, for the money, the best CFB HC in the country.

UCLA- Loss. Mora has the horses, and actually knows how to use them.

Utah- Toss up. CU could win this one. Utah is about the only team other than WSU where the talent levels give CU an edge. But da yoots HC is no knucklehead like Pirate Mikey.

UW- Loss. Sark is getting better every year, I wonder what that is like?

I'd say 3 wins.

If y'all get lucky Carr might declare this year....then it'll be this kid starting. Good news for you is Phillip Thomas graduates too. Starting at RB will either be Marteze Waller or Josh Quezada. We return all of our top WRs except for Rashad Evans.

If y'all get lucky Carr might declare this year....then it'll be this kid starting. Good news for you is Phillip Thomas graduates too. Starting at RB will either be Marteze Waller or Josh Quezada. We return all of our top WRs except for Rashad Evans.
None of the above matters. We are still going to get rolled.

I am predicting 3 wins. We either beat Cal, Utah, or Oregon St. plus we beat CSU and Arky.

Wow. Here is how I see it. Cal- probable win. New HC, well, first year coaches line up to take a bite out of Embo, so maybe not a plus, but still CU should have a chance at home. This is probably the one of ONLY 2 P12 games they will be competitive in.

You guys are cray cray. We're bad but we're not THAT bad. Even our hippies are calling it 52-7 against next year's buffs.

Enviro_hippie_bear.jpg

Wow. Here is how I see it.

CSU-probable loss. McIlwain is a far better coach and CSU traditionally gets amped to play CU. Embo, really has no idea what he has at year's beginning (i.e. Jordan Webb is the best QB?)

UCA-probable win. This is a pretty decent FCS team. While CU should be favored, it is possible Embo wets himself again in the face of a determined well coached FCS team.

Fresno- probable loss. At Robbie Rouse won't be there to do a MWC version of Kadeem Carey, but Derek Carr will be there. DeRuyter knows what he is doing, Embo, well....

Zona- Probable loss. Rich Rod will be rolling in year two.

Cal- probable win. New HC, well, first year coaches line up to take a bite out of Embo, so maybe not a plus, but still CU should have a chance at home. This is probably the one of ONLY 2 P12 games they will be competitive in.

Oregon- No hope. Maybe HCCK will take his foot off the gas again at 70.

U$C- No hope.

ASU- Probable loss. Once again, like RichRod, a HC who has a plan and an idea of how to be successful.

Oregon St.- Probable loss. Riley is, for the money, the best CFB HC in the country.

UCLA- Loss. Mora has the horses, and actually knows how to use them.

Utah- Toss up. CU could win this one. Utah is about the only team other than WSU where the talent levels give CU an edge. But da yoots HC is no knucklehead like Pirate Mikey.

UW- Loss. Sark is getting better every year, I wonder what that is like?

I'd say 3 wins.

If Cal's new coach, who will be working with a ton of talent, is anything like RichRod, Graham, or Mora, we'll get annihilated.

Cal obviously has better athletes and they could beat us even without coaches, which is sort of our predicament anyway.

I'm with the ofer crowd.

Cal obviously has better athletes and they could beat us even without coaches, which is sort of our predicament anyway.

I'm with the ofer crowd.

If they keep Embree I think we go winless next year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Mark me down as predicting 1 win if Embree is still around, either C.Arky or Utah. Gonna be another horrible year for Buff fans.

Prob not out of the question. CU has very few varsity sports, especially on the men's side. No tennis, no baseball, no swimming, etc.
Are you serious? Please tell me you're not. Football drives the money making machine, even at schools like Duke and Kentucky. Without football CU would not be in the PAC 12 and would not be making $20M+/year. Football supports the AD and covers for the non-revenue generating sports, which is most of them. So I guess if you want to get kicked out of the PAC 12, leave $20M+, make the AD drop other sports, etc then by all means continue posting stupid **** like your post.

Last edited:
Back