What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nice Job Dan- You Have Pissed Off Your QB

Telluride, Crested Butte, Ouray..... I think you've been out of Colorado for far too long:nod:

CU wouldn't fit in those towns. They're all in deep canyons. Can you imagine trying to fit 30,000 undergrads into Ouray? :lol:

CU wouldn't fit in those towns. They're all in deep canyons. Can you imagine trying to fit 30,000 undergrads into Ouray? :lol:

Why do you think we practiced in those phone booths for all those years?

His confidence is really showing. I liked what I saw. I think his concerns are legitimate and I think if given the opportunity he can lead this offense...with decent playcalling.

His confidence is really showing. I liked what I saw. I think his concerns are legitimate and I think if given the opportunity he can lead this offense...with decent playcalling.

I would love it if he said F U Dan and started calling his own plays, especially when he is on his own 1 yard line and has to run a slow developing play with only two outlets.

I hope Tyler plays liike he's pissed.

He can be pissed all he wants. It won't do any good when the play call is two runs up the middle and a 4 yard pass on 3rd & 6.

I fully expect Hawkins to pull Hansen again within the next two weeks.

I don't want cody playing at all but "he led us to the red zone", did we score? It doesn't matter, We need a fresh start at CU and until we get coaches who get it and qb's who can sling it, it's the same old, same old.

Cody was Cody with a sack on 4th down and a pick near the red zone just like the last two seasons nothing has changed with him.

Hansen got jobbed once again. They burned his redshirt his freshman year. They start Cody over him last year and burn his promised redshirt again. No they pull him in a game where is completing 70+% of his passes under horrible playcalling circumstances.

Hansen and the rest of the Buffs would be better off if they just skipped practice and drew up their own gameplans for Saturday. They should remove the cancer (the coaches) from this team themselves.

I finally watched the interview this morning, and to say that Hansen is pissed (or frustrated, as he said) about being pulled is an understatement. The "we needed a spark" explanation didn't seem to fit too well with him, either.

He's also clearly frustrated with the playcalling. And the mental mistakes, penalties.

That was sort of refreshing, actually, to watch. He seems like a good kid, and needs to keep working hard.

I would love to see Tyler calling his own plays. I have the feeling he would be more successful if he did.

I finally watched the interview this morning, and to say that Hansen is pissed (or frustrated, as he said) about being pulled is an understatement. The "we needed a spark" explanation didn't seem to fit too well with him, either.

He's also clearly frustrated with the playcalling. And the mental mistakes, penalties.

That was sort of refreshing, actually, to watch. He seems like a good kid, and needs to keep working hard.

Im definitely not defending the coaches here but Tyler needs to get the damn ball snapped. Even if the play gets in late and it ends up being something he has to throw away. Get them lined up and run it. Make no mistake, that is his job. I hope this pissed him off to the point where he knows he needs to step up and run the offense.

He can be pissed all he wants. It won't do any good when the play call is two runs up the middle and a 4 yard pass on 3rd & 6.

I fully expect Hawkins to pull Hansen again within the next two weeks.

I posted it after the game: The play calling was abysmal.

I would love to see Tyler calling his own plays. I have the feeling he would be more successful if he did.

Remember when QB's used to call the plays? That was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far away.

after hearing TH's comments, Talkins has to be the dumbest and most self centered coach in the world. He could win every game from here on out and he should still get his arese fired.

I don't agree with how Danny has handled this, but I'm getting sick of hearing Tyler whine about it. Handle it inside the locker room.

Im definitely not defending the coaches here but Tyler needs to get the damn ball snapped. Even if the play gets in late and it ends up being something he has to throw away. Get them lined up and run it. Make no mistake, that is his job. I hope this pissed him off to the point where he knows he needs to step up and run the offense.

But part of knowing where everyone is to line up is getting the play in. One play may be made up of 5 or 6 words, with each thing telling each section of the offense a different instruction. Offensive line protection, wide receiver routes, quarterback instruction, running back instructions, etc. There is no such thing as "I'm going to hand it to Speedy off left tackle on 2" anymore (if there ever was).

"Running the offense" still depends to a great deal on information sent to the QB from the sideline. Let's also not forget that the QB has nothing to do with the substitution patterns, rotating in and out the various RB's, WR's, and TE's. The ONLY players on the field for EVERY play are the QB and the OL. Everybody else rotates - and those rotations come from the sideline.

I watched College Football Live or whatever it is yesterday. Well Michigan's qb had a team only meeting and tore into their ass. Tyler needs to command the ship and do the same. Quit your crying and start playing like you can. If he wants to play for what he says he does, that shouldnt be a problem. Step up, its that simple.

But part of knowing where everyone is to line up is getting the play in. One play may be made up of 5 or 6 words, with each thing telling each section of the offense a different instruction. Offensive line protection, wide receiver routes, quarterback instruction, running back instructions, etc. There is no such thing as "I'm going to hand it to Speedy off left tackle on 2" anymore (if there ever was).

"Running the offense" still depends to a great deal on information sent to the QB from the sideline. Let's also not forget that the QB has nothing to do with the substitution patterns, rotating in and out the various RB's, WR's, and TE's. The ONLY players on the field for EVERY play are the QB and the OL. Everybody else rotates - and those rotations come from the sideline.

I understand all of that dude, trust me, I do. Id rather run a broken play and throw it out of bounds rather than taking a five yarder. At least the crap play puts you back where u started. I played football for 14 damn near 15 years,my knees wouldnt allow but so much, I know how it works. Having a broken play where you can at least ditch it is way better than shooting your **** off everytime we get in scoring position.

Get 7 on the line and snap it. We moved the ball the other night, we didnt finish. Why am I not surprised by that? Teams that have had trouble panic when pressure comes on, who does that point at? Well coached teams embrace the pressure and step up to it.

I don't know what a team only meeting would accomplish?? What would be said....make sure you block for our inside dive plays on 1st and 2nd down? And don't get me killed when we predictably throw a short cross route on 3rd down? Not sure the players are completely at fault here with the offensive performance. We need to mix it up, spread the field and change the snap count on every down.

I don't agree with how Danny has handled this, but I'm getting sick of hearing Tyler whine about it. Handle it inside the locker room.

He's been trying that for 2 years now. How has that worked out for him?

Back