What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Hirschman Leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people are over thinking this. Put yourself in his shoes. He graduated and was in a situation where he probably felt he wasn't going to win a starting job. He probably loves football and knows he has limited time left, and had the opportunity to go someplace and theoretically be handed the starting job (this I don't know.)

this could be his only chance to play the game he loves before entering the cold real world, why not go for Akron and see what you can do? He'll be the big man on campus for a while....

fyi here is their schedule: http://www.gozips.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

Yeah, he may have been thinking this, but I think it was a bit short sighted if that is the case. He was easily no worse than number 2 on the depth chart and was just an injury away from being the starter at a BCS school. I understood the Ivy League angle, but Akron?

Well good luck to him, and I wish him the best, he was nothing but class while he was here.

This is who he gets to try and beat out - good luck

Dalton Easton QB RFr. 6-0 195 Key Biscayne, Fla. / Gulliver Preparatory School
13 Tyler Foster QB RFr. 6-1 191 Canton, Ohio / Ohio Dominican / Canton McKinley HS
5 Steve Franco QB RFr. 6-1 195 Tyrone, Pa. / Tyrone Senior HS
16 Kyle Pohl QB So. 6-3 213 Farmersville, Ohio / Valley View HS
8 Curtis Watson QB Sr. 6-3 227 Bellevue, Ohio / Lake Erie College (Ohio) / Bellevue

Between Hirsch & Dre the last few weeks, I am starting to hate our fanbase. The way some of you are acting is embarrassing. Neither of them did anything to deserve the venom they've received.

Best of luck Nick. I hope you kick ass and find happiness.

Surprised it was Akron, but not sure the decision to leave CU is all that hard to dissect. He probably just did not click with the new coaching staff. Not going to hold that against him whatsoever. He did everything that was asked of him on and off the field while dealing with adversity with fairly serious injuries and upon graduating, decided a fresh start was best for him. Not seeing the problem here.

Surprised it was Akron, but not sure the decision to leave CU is all that hard to dissect. He probably just did not click with the new coaching staff. Not going to hold that against him whatsoever. He did everything that was asked of him on and off the field while dealing with adversity with fairly serious injuries and upon graduating, decided a fresh start was best for him. Not seeing the problem here.

Sour grapes. We f'ed

Between Hirsch & Dre the last few weeks, I am starting to hate our fanbase. The way some of you are acting is embarrassing. Neither of them did anything to deserve the venom they've received.

Yep.

I'm not seeing the venom you are referring to for Nick. Once people learned about Akron, I see confusion and people trying to think out loud about the reasoning behind it, but I don't see any viscious attacks on him.

I wish Nick the best. Hope he wins the starting job and has a couple good years at Akron while earning his graduate degree.

ya, its been eye opening. Such is the price of success, I guess.

4c88deb8c258a217943af8f3ab25d6ac_normal.jpeg
Joe Schad (@schadjoe)
5/9/13, 6:03 PM
Nick Hirschman said he believes Terry Bowden is an excellent coach and he was impressed by Akron's facilities.

This thread is going to take a break for a bit Nick is a student athlete and gave a lot to Colorado in the form of effort and injury over the past few years. As all of you know attacking student athletes is against this site's TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back