What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Night Game Kickoff Times for Pac-12 Games

The Oregon game in Boulder is really the problem. Nothing should be started past 7:30 in any time zone, but there we got forced by espn probably. The Pac 12 should use the mountain time zone to their advantage to get games on earlier windows, instead of acting like it doesn't exist, and we're all in the pacific.

A 1am game, 2 9 pm games, a 10:30pm game so far. Screw this bs. I read Scott's comments about the networks spending the money so they get what they want. Just gives me more reason to dislike BSPN and anything Fox.
Get the damn games back to Saturday afternoon starts.

This was one of my biggest bitches about the move to the PAC, I get the positives but I have always said 2/3 of the country has no idea if PAC sports is worth a damn because of the start times.

If they are having us do 11am kickoffs in MT, there is no reason they cannot do 11am kickoffs in ET. Run the games in nationally out from that starting point:
11am ET/9am MT
2:30pm ET/12:30pm MT
6pm ET/4pm MT
9:30pm ET/7:30pm MT as the latest start time, which is also 6:30pm PT

If they are having us do 11am kickoffs in MT, there is no reason they cannot do 11am kickoffs in ET. Run the games in nationally out from that starting point:
11am ET/9am MT
6pm ET/4pm MT

If they are going to give the late games to the PAC, which I understand, there is no way we should have early games too. The logic doesn't make sense that way. The window should be from 12 pacific time to 7:30 pacific time.

By the nature of geography, we should be able to have earlier games on the West coast. Nobody wants to watch a football game at 9:00 PM. Start the game at 5:00 PM Pacific time for a 8:00 PM East Coast start time. That's as late as the games should be.

11am ET/9am MT
6pm ET/4pm MT
I'm good with 10AM PT games. AFA had one two years ago and I thought it was great -- had enough time after to take in Garden of the Gods,

Back