1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NIT bracketology

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

http://nitology.com/

Probably the best site for NIT projections even though they don't update as regularly as you'd like. Before last week's games (wins over OSU and UO at home), CU was projected as being on the right side of the NIT bubble and pulling a 7-seed. I'd assume that we'll be looking much better after last week is factored in.

2. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

what's the facination with csu? other than the SDSU win in Fart Collins and the close win over the Buffs.... who have they beat of quality?

3. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

No one, but they did lose to Duke on the road, and for some reason that is really liked by the computers.

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

No one. But the computers love losses to good teams. Adn they've lost to Stanford (60 in KenPom rankings), Southern Miss (44), Duke (15), New Mexico (11), UNLV (18) and Wyoming (54). They don't have any good wins outside of SDSU (who, BTW, is 63rd in KenPom), but they have tons of "good losses".

5. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:bang: still angry at you guys and your Nate love for costing us that game at CSU.

6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Only moved us up to a 6 seed this week. Seems a little low for a team that's 16-7 (8-3) with an RPI of 70. Even weirder considering they have Stanford as a 1 seed...what??

7. CVilleBuff

5 seed as of Valentine's Day. We keep moving up, but again, 5 is too low. They also have Arizona (1 seed), Oregon (5 seed), and Stanford (6 seed) in the field from the Pac. An NIT remtach with CSU doesn't seem out of the question, that's the type of matchup the NIT loves..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  8. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

What seed would we have to get to host a game(s)?

9. CVilleBuff

To host a first round game, a 4. However the possibility of hosting second or third round games is possible as a 5-7 seed if upsets occur (naturally the highest seeded team in any matchup will host)

10. CVilleBuff

Up to a 4 seed as of this week (last updated two days ago). That would mean we get to host a first round game (and hopefully more with some upsets).

They have Arizona and Oregon as 3 seeds, and Stanford as an 8 seed.

As you can tell, not a lot of love for the Pac from these guys...

11. RK

RK UBL Club Member

This thread pisses me off.

NBDefektor likes this.
  12. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

this is the worst thread ever. we're in a race to win the pac 12, or at least make the big dance with 3-4 wins and a run in the conference tourney, and people are talking about the NI freaking T.

RK likes this.
  13. CVilleBuff

Win both games this week and I'll trash it. Until then, don't kid yourselves. We aren't sniffing the NCAA until we win both games this weekend.

14. Buffnik

:nod:

And we'd still be on the outside looking in.

This thread stays active. Last year the same group thought we were in the NCAA based on the math and we got screwed. We have a lot of work to do.

15. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but if you can't get caught up in this, I feel bad for you. Sports are all about reveling in the "what ifs" and this thing called "hope." I suffer when our buffs lose, and lose we have. I try to enjoy the good times when they come or even have a possibility of coming. Coming to AB and wanting to partake in the optimism of these next few games and seeing a thread titled "NIT Bracketology" really was a wet blanket for me. The NIT is something I will only think about once--and if-- we lose in the pac 12 tourney.

16. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't see us sniffing the NCAA unless we get the auto-bid.

17. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Sigh....... Yup. :nod: If we win out, then lose in the confernce tourney title game, and don't get in, at least we'll be able to bitch and moan loudly like last year. :sad1:

18. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Unfortunately you are probably right Goose. But anything less than a #1 seed in the NIT would be a dissapointment I think. Especially if we beat Cal on Sunday

19. Buffnik

Ignore the thread.

And trust me when I say that there's no issue with me not getting caught up in the excitement (I know I also speak for others who have posted in this thread - CVille, Goose, Snow, UBL, etc. - we're all huge hoops fans). :smile2:

I can also guarantee that none of us are thinking NIT at the game tonight. :wink2:

20. Buffnik

There's good history on our side regarding the selection committee not liking to pick at-large teams that have losing conference records unless those teams have a sick OOC SOS and RPI. With the soft bubble this year, they'd have to pick a lot of losers to pass over a CU squad that finished with say a 13-5 regular season conference record, won two games in the P12C, and finished with an overall 23-10 record. I'd guess our RPI would end up high 40s or low 50s with a finish like that.

21. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

We've definitely got alot of work to do. If you want a reality check just go look at the RPI and SOS of some of the other bubble teams and it's clear we are a ways off from being in serious consideration at this point.

22. CVilleBuff

23. RK

RK UBL Club Member

This thread is still irrelevant unless we lose in the Pac 12 tourney.

24. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Keep guzzling that koolaid

25. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Dude. Love the enthusiasm, but this team has been overachieving all season. On the telecast tonight, I was reminded the Buffs lost something like eighty percent of their scoring from last season. We aren't an NCAA tourney worthy team. We aren't winning the PAC-12 tourney. We'll be lucky to win one game on our way to LA. An NIT run is the best we can hope for.

26. Shldr2Shldr

Sooooo.... NIT. What seed we looking at now...

27. Buffnik

The focus has got to be on winning enough of our remaining games to get a home game in the NIT.

That and a puncher's chance of going on a run and winning the Pac-12 tourney which, frankly, is hard to see happening. So much would have to break right for us.

28. Shldr2Shldr

As long as someone else ****ing beats stanford before we have to play them, we should be fine in the tourney

29. Buffnik

We don't want UCLA either. Any team that goes 4-deep on the front line with skilled big men is kryptonite to what we have.

30. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Im not saying were gonna win it. Im just saying thats the mind set that fans and especially players should be in. You wouldn't be talking about going to the Alamo bowl if we were in contention for a BCS bid..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.