What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NIT bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of today they have us as a #2 seed.

For the first time, their seeding of CU actually seems fair. Definitely want to get at least a 2 seed in order to guarantee ourselves home games in the first and second rounds and only face the possibility of one road game in the quarterfinals to get to MSG.

But this is the kind of resume that the committee loves. 6 wins against the RPI top 100 including 2 against the top 50. They also have a win against Montana who is barely outside the top 100. Don't forget about the strength of the MWC this year, that is really helping them because the conference is currently ranked as the 5th best. Yes, most of us know that the RPI is a joke for the most part and Southern Miss is the perfect example, but the committee doesn't know that. I think they use the RPI more than they lead us to believe.

There's no doubt that CSU has work left to do. But even if they don't beat UNLV I think they still get in as long as they beat AF and win at least 1 game in the MWC tourney. I'm not trying to defend CSU by any means, I'm just saying what I think the committee will do.

This is exactly right. The strength of the MWC this season is helping CSU as much as anything right now. Although I tend to think CSU needs to get the game over UNLV tomorrow to have a shot at an at-large bid. If CSU loses, I think an NIT bid is far more likely.

Last edited:
This is exactly right. The strength of the MWC this season is helping CSU as much as anything right now. Although I tend to think CSU needs to get the game over UNLV tomorrow to have a shot at an at-large bid. If CSU loses, I think an NIT bid is far more likely.

Your game at AFA is a landmine as well. Obviously should be a win, but judging by your struggles on the road, gotta be very, very careful with that one.

Your game at AFA is a landmine as well. Obviously should be a win, but judging by your struggles on the road, gotta be very, very careful with that one.

I am extremely concerned about that AFA game. We were in a similar position last season and went down to AFA and had a devastating loss. This season in the MWC has been one of the most unpredictable seasons I can ever remember.

I wouldn't even mind going there again.

Given some of the lackluster teams on our respective OOC schedules, I wouldn't mind if CSU and CU played a home and home every season in B-Ball. Similar to what New Mexico and New Mexico State do every season. Sure as hell beats playing Jacksonville State.

I would love to see someone start up a front range tournament, especially with the way it looks like men's hoops is set to blow up in the region.

Only small issue is that the MW would likely have a couple teams in that tourney, I know conferences hate those kind of "preseason" match ups.

Only small issue is that the MW would likely have a couple teams in that tourney, I know conferences hate those kind of "preseason" match ups.

That would be difficult, but scheduling in BB is not nearly as restricted like it is in FB. I would hope they could work something out. Besides, what is the worst case scenerio for CSU? An extra game against WYO for example? That last game against the Pokes was one of the best college basketball environments I have ever seen at Moby. A win-win if you ask me.

Last edited:

The way around that might be to bring in a Big XII school (K-State, maybe?) along with CSU, CU and DU. Or maybe BYU? Wyoming. New Mexico or Utah make sense regionally, but you're right about the conference issue...

The way around that might be to bring in a Big XII school (K-State, maybe?) along with CSU, CU and DU. Or maybe BYU? Wyoming. New Mexico or Utah make sense regionally, but you're right about the conference issue...

Even Utah and/or Utah State. The Aggies have a nice program with excellent support. Could make for a great weekend tournament.

CSU, CU, UNC, USU, KU, Metro State, DU, and BYU

8 teams if probably too many, and there is no way any of those schools is going to be interested in playing a D-II school. That doesn't help us any more than scheduling Fort Lewis...

Nebraska-Omaha joins D1 next season. That would be a great opener cupcake instead of scheduling a D2 team.

So CSU, CU, KU, and DU?

Bring in Nebraska Utah State and BYU. Could be a great tourney.

Those could work. Not sure if KU would be interested, except they did always have a billion ****ing t-shirt fans around here, so they might be willing to come at least once just because of that...

I guess if you wanted to do a full 8 team tourney like Puerto Rico or Hawaii or one of those you could. Or just more of a round robin kind of thing might work too. I mostly just hate the idea of KU playing BYU or the fuskers in the final of the Colorado Basketball Classic... :puke: :lol:

I would like to see a series with DU. I believe we already have a healthy rivalary with their ski team, and the bb program looks to improving now that they are leaving the SUnbelt to join the WAC

http://nitology.com/

Two seed as of Saturday. Probably before the debacle. Let's have a decent showing in LA and get ourselves some home games! Interesting that they have 5 teams in from the Pac -- not sure they'll take more than 4

That's really more dependent on how many get into the NCAA.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens if Arizona and Oregon are left out of the Dance. Five teams from one conference is an awful lot for a 32 team tournament, but UCLA closed the season strong (and most importantly, has the name) and Stanford - despite a mediocre year in league play - is sitting at 20 wins already.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see what happens if Arizona and Oregon are left out of the Dance. Five teams from one conference is an awful lot for a 32 team tournament, but UCLA closed the season strong (and most importantly, has the name) and Stanford - despite a mediocre year in league play - is sitting at 20 wins already.

Hell, Oregon State has made a pretty good NIT case for themselves at this point... If the NCAA only takes 2 Pac-12 teams, the NIT is going to be looking at 6 teams that are probably better than some teams that will make their field.

4 seed as of their March 9th update :thumbsup:

Kiss my ****ing ass NITology!!! Good luck Oregon, Arizona and others. Represent the conference well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back