What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NIT Round 3: Kent State at Colorado

Kent state is gonna need the national guard to protect them from the beating they are gonna get tomorrow... CU will shoot indescrimnantly and without conscience...not to mention we will kill them on the boards we will Advance through kent state without mercy... levi will FIRE AT WILL

Ouch.:sad1:

Last edited:
Kent state is gonna need the national guard to protect them from the beating they are gonna get tomorrow... CU will shoot indescrimnantly and without conscience...not to mention we will kill them on the boards we will charge through kent state without mercy... levi will FIRE AT WILL

Dude. That's sick.

Kent state is gonna need the national guard to protect them from the beating they are gonna get tomorrow... CU will shoot indescrimnantly and without conscience...not to mention we will kill them on the boards we will charge through kent state without mercy... levi will FIRE AT WILL

Someone is trying way too hard.

:gobuffs:

I will so happen to be in the NYC area for work during the NIT finals. Would love to watch the Buffs at MSG..

twice.

:gobuffs:

I will so happen to be in the NYC area for work during the NIT finals. Would love to watch the Buffs at MSG..

twice.

Noice.

Don't do like I did when I was looking for Penn Station and kept finding Madison Square Garden. I asked a limo driver parked out front "Where's Penn Station?" He said "right behind you". I said "That's Madison Square Garden". He says "Penn Station is downstairs".

:why:

Noice.

Don't do like I did when I was looking for Penn Station and kept finding Madison Square Garden. I asked a limo driver parked out front "Where's Penn Station?" He said "right behind you". I said "That's Madison Square Garden". He says "Penn Station is downstairs".

Penn station is the toilet for msg

Speaking of the Garden, as long as our streak keeps going, our opponent there will be either Alabama or Miami...

Noice.

"Where is Houston Street?"

I'm all for classlessness. But there are some lines that should not be crossed and that is one of them. That's like someone chanting about Columbine to one of our Columbine grads. "Hey, #43, did the trenchcoat mafia get your sister?" See?

Hi Kent State fans :wave2: I'm guessing that we're not the first opponent you've played to notice the bizarre team picture you guys have? :lol:

Looking forward to making it 4-0 vs. teams with the initials "KSU" tonight!

thought this was a pretty astute statement:

Besides Colorado playing a weak nonconference schedule and playing it not particularly well (10-4; RPI: 151), they also couldn't win on the road. They beat K-State on the road, but their 2nd best road win was beating #165 Texas Tech. I think that did a lot of damage. Lesson: Colorado is a very good home team. Unfortunately, the game is in Colorado.

I think these guys are better than we are giving them credit for.

D'OH. Guess I better edit out the source of the George Mason gaff. I screwed that up by mistaking them for James Madison, another of their losses.

Apparently some Golden Flashers don't think a quarterfinal NIT game for a chance to go to NYC would qualify as their biggest win of the season. They don't have any wins against NCAA tournament teams. Who is their biggest win thus far, South Florida or one of the directional schools?

D'OH. Guess I better edit out the source of the George Mason gaff. I screwed that up by mistaking them for James Madison, another of their losses.

Apparently some Golden Flashers don't think a quarterfinal NIT game for a chance to go to NYC would qualify as their biggest win of the season. They don't have any wins against NCAA tournament teams. Who is their biggest win thus far, South Florida or one of the directional schools?
Yeah, and I told them that allbuffs was classier than netbuffs before I saw Rugged's poll..

They beat their conference tournament champion, Akron, once in the regular season, so I suppose that counts as a win over a tournament team - not sure that I would consider USF to be a good win because USF finished 15th in the 16-team Big East, plus it was at home for Kent State...Im not sure they have any "good wins" on their resume...

Yeah, and I told them that allbuffs was classier than netbuffs before I saw Rugged's poll..

:lol: Is what they say true? He is pretty tall.

Sorry about our idiots kent state fans. I'm sure you have some of your own.

They beat their conference tournament champion, Akron, once in the regular season, so I suppose that counts as a win over a tournament team - not sure that I would consider USF to be a good win because USF finished 15th in the 16-team Big East, plus it was at home for Kent State...Im not sure they have any "good wins" on their resume...

There it is. The Golden Flashes beat Akron once out of three attempts. For the record, I now know their biggest win of the year.

I found this interesting in the DC article (Newsroom); "Kent State is 7-8 in true road games this season, including wins at No. 2 St. Mary`s and No. 6 Fairfield during the NIT. Four of Kent State`s losses away from home were against NCAA Tournament teams (at UAB, Florida, Morehead State and Akron)."

I think the short turn-around and playing at elevation will have more of an affect than another game away from their home turf.

I think the short turn-around and playing at elevation will have more of an affect than another game away from their home turf.

That, plus having to swing most of the way across the country again after having already gone out to the left coast last week to play St. Mary's...they might be a little jetlagged as well...

they dont like me over there... it makes me sad inside... and who the **** is black dynamite

The team is getting better on the road with time.

They started the season 0-6 away from home.
Since Feb 1st, Kent State is 5-2 on roadies.

The team is getting better on the road with time.

They started the season 0-6 away from home.
Since Feb 1st, Kent State is 5-2 on roadies.

Well, it helps when quality road opponents are no longer on the schedule. Those early road losses were to quality teams, while their 5-2 run was in conference (and the MAC sux), against a St Mary's team not giving a piss, and a team from the MAAC.

Not saying this is going to be easy, I'm just saying that we're their biggest test since Florida.

Back