1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No. 13 Oregon Holds Off Feisty Buffs

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by cmgoods, Sep 28, 2014.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Read more...

2. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Disappointed that they lost because they really had a chance to win, but a great showing against the 13th ranked team in the country.

3. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat: Hopefully we can get good crowds to the matches this weekend... Friday 6 PM against #19 ASU and Sunday 2 PM against #18 UofA. These will both be matches that our Buffs can win. Some help from the fans would be much appreciated I'm sure.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  4. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

I didn't see it as I was busy, but from reading about the sets, they were in this match on the road.

Now go see this team play! They need help defending their court!

5. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

That will definitely be a help!

I did watch the Oregon match, and it looked like a pretty wild/ loud environment, with the attendance listed as 3,551, and the (local) announcer saying he'd never seen so many students in attendance at one of Oregon's matches. (He also said their classes are just starting next week... Always amazes me how different starting times are for different schools.)

As to the match, good to see them so competitive. That 1st set was a heartbreaker, and it got VERY frustrating to watch all the service errors, especially from set 3 on. (Frustrating but somewhat understandable as, with Oregon's quality back row and hitters, they probably weren't going to win many/ any points with "weak sauce" serves anyway, so everyone was going for it pretty heavily from the line.)

Also hope they start getting healthy. In addition to the walking wounded we think might still be playing, saw a picture of the bench last night where Joslyn Hayes was wearing a boot and so, obviously, not suited up to play last night. And, don't believe Gwen Herring played at all this week, and didn't see her warming up with the team before the Utah match, so assume she may also recovering from something?

6. CUSoccerfan

CUSoccerfan New Member

They may have grown up as a road team. They were flat on the last road journey to Omaha, although they lost to good teams ... #16 Illinois, Creighton receives votes and we played on their home floor, and South Dakota surprised everybody by coming in second in the tournament behind Illinois. They sure weren't flat in a hostile environment at Oregon. This weekend is huge at home against two ranked Arizonas, I'll be there and I hope a lot of other people will be there too.

Nice picture, thank you for the compliment but that's not me.

7. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

They were totally flat at the Creighton Classic and played before big crowds. I was very impressed that Illinois broadcasts their games on the radio. Big time program. He was an excellent play by play guy. Crowd was loud there. CU deserves crowds at home.

8. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Tough loss, but great job, Buffs! We are just getting better and better!