What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No Assistants to be Replaced. What is going on? What happened to Bohn's comromise?

Re: No Assistants to be Replaced. What is going on? What happened to Bohn's comromi

The bottom line is the talent on the field is lacking. CU used to be a pipeline to the NFL. The Steelers and Patriots used to love CU players (Charles Johnson, Joel Steed, Deon Figures, Chad Brown, Ted Johnson to name a few). Until CU gets top 20 talent, they will have a hard time becoming a top 20 ranked football team. I see CU having a hard time getting back to the talent level of the late 80's and 90's because they cannot recruit in LA, TX, CA anymore. When CU dominated, LSU, UT and USC's programs were weak. I do believe one way to get the talent back is to get CU alums that played in the NFL to coach - that is a big deal. That is why Bienemy was successful in college. Just think if Alfred Williams became the D line coach or linebacker coach? Butkus Award, Super Bowl rings would do a lot for recruits.

Re: No Assistants to be Replaced. What is going on? What happened to Bohn's comromi

The bottom line is the talent on the field is lacking. CU used to be a pipeline to the NFL. The Steelers and Patriots used to love CU players (Charles Johnson, Joel Steed, Deon Figures, Chad Brown, Ted Johnson to name a few). Until CU gets top 20 talent, they will have a hard time becoming a top 20 ranked football team. I see CU having a hard time getting back to the talent level of the late 80's and 90's because they cannot recruit in LA, TX, CA anymore. When CU dominated, LSU, UT and USC's programs were weak. I do believe one way to get the talent back is to get CU alums that played in the NFL to coach - that is a big deal. That is why Bienemy was successful in college. Just think if Alfred Williams became the D line coach or linebacker coach? Butkus Award, Super Bowl rings would do a lot for recruits.

I agree.

Don't forget to add in that there's no great compromise or 'deal'. We're stuck with the same pile of **** we've had for the last 4 years thanks to Bohn's negotiating skills.
Neogtiating skills? That's laugher...

Staff changes are a sensitive thing duing recruiting. Why don't you people chill out and let it work itself out? :thumbsup: I'd imagine there will be movement in its own time.

So it's better to trick the kids into coming here then pull the rug out from under them and change their coaches?

BTW... recruiting didn't seem to stop UGA from making necessary coaching changes today, and they're still looking at a bowl game.

So it's better to trick the kids into coming here then pull the rug out from under them and change their coaches?

BTW... recruiting didn't seem to stop UGA from making necessary coaching changes today, and they're still looking at a bowl game.

They are Georgia, we are not. UGA actually demands a winning competitive team to represent their University, we apparently, do not. Therein lies the diefference in the approach to the AC's and probably a dozen other things....

They are Georgia, we are not. UGA actually demands a winning competitive team to represent their University, we apparently, do not. Therein lies the diefference in the approach to the AC's and probably a dozen other things....

So, so true :sad1:

OC wasn't the biggest problem we had. There is definitely room for improvement though, especially when it comes to getting our guys upfield and blocking there. With no power back to run down safeties we need it, imo, to be a better running team.

I'm guessing Shanny! :lol:

Possible new addition to the staff. New Co-OC...would be a huge hire for Hawk.

Is it Karl Dorrell? :smile2:

Is it Eric B?

Is it Dick Koetter?

Is it Mike Shanahan?:smile2:

Possible new addition to the staff. New Co-OC...would be a huge hire for Hawk.

Meh, no offense Piss, but I ain't buying any rumors till they are official.

:dbt:

SSDD, ****ty football until Hack leaves, :rolleyes: :sad2:

I'll be very surprised if there aren't staff changes. I expect them to happen after National Signing Day, though.

I like the idea of giving Kiesau someone, who perhaps will be more experienced, to learn under

Rumor has it that either Dirk Koetter or Steve Kragthorpe is going to join the staff as an offensive coordinator, with Keisau moving back to coach WR's.

that would be orgasmic

Rumor has it that either Dirk Koetter or Steve Kragthorpe is going to join the staff as an offensive coordinator, with Keisau moving back to coach WR's.

Didn't they already announce Ambrose as the new WR coach? Does this maybe point to some defensive staff changes that would open up a spot for Ambrose on that side of the ball?

Didn't they already announce Ambrose as the new WR coach? Does this maybe point to some defensive staff changes that would open up a spot for Ambrose on that side of the ball?

Collins moving on, Brown sliding into the DC, and Ambrose coaching DBs? Would be nice and makes too much sense. This is CU football, since when have we made logical decisions?

There has been no official announcement (cubuffs.com) in that regard.

There has been no official announcement (cubuffs.com) in that regard.

It was live at the luncheon, right? Dave Plati said something by way of introducing Ambrose, that he was our newest coach.

But I can't recall precisely if he said Wide Receivers, or just coach.

It was live at the luncheon, right? Dave Plati said something by way of introducing Ambrose, that he was our newest coach.

But I can't recall precisely if he said Wide Receivers, or just coach.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204842685

[FONT=Cambria, serif]Ashley Ambrose - The Buffs' new receivers coach is among those staffers on the road recruiting. Ambrose moves into a full-time assistant role with the departure of Bob Foster, Hawkins' college coach who had a one-season appointment to work with the outside linebackers. This was Foster's first losing season in nearly four decades of college coaching.[/FONT]

Collins moving on, Brown sliding into the DC, and Ambrose coaching DBs? Would be nice and makes too much sense. This is CU football, since when have we made logical decisions?

Brown as DC? That wouldn't make any sense.

Maybe Kiesau would be the QB's coach, Ambrose the WR coach and Koetter/Kragthorpe as the OC and Running backs coach.

That doesn't make much sense, Koetter is the OC of the Jaguars isn't he? NFL OC to college OC with 1 year contracts doesn't seem like a smart move on his part. Maybe he wants to help out Hawk, though. Kragthorpe makes almost too much sense. Kragthorpe to OC/QB coach, Kiseau to WR coach and Ambrose to DB for Brown. It's so logical I deem it highly unlikely.

Back