What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

no huddle

i understand that, but it was right after halftime. I also thought Hanson looked pretty comfortable with the no huddle

Personally, I like the No Huddle's concept. Keep the Defense not only guessing but constantly running, only working to the Offense's rhythm. I'm surprised every offense doesn't have entire half-games worked out like this, with their fitness levels built up to match. Just like some running basketball teams doing a full-5 substitutes and keeping the tempo high, wearing down the opponents. Might also wear down the officials, too, and leave them straggling behind eventually.

A couple of years ago, Hawk tried to implement an up tempo offense.
The Buffs scrapped it in order to simplify the offense.

With Hawkins, you never know what to expect.

I credit the decission to stick with the running game an important component to reintroduce the no-huddle.

I have serious reservations that this offense would be capable of executing a an uptempo balanced attack that involves more than a few plays.

It would be nice if Tyler could read defenses, call audibles at the line of scrimmage and mix things up.

The offense scouted Hawaii and made a safe gamble that Hawaii was not going to magically develop a stoudt run defense. So they could get away with a one dimensional uptempo running game.

No way CU will be pull that attack off against Oklahoma and Nebraska without a better, smarter QB and a more disciplined OLine.

They've tried to run no-huddle for about two years. The difference yesterday was that they were actually getting the ball snapped quickly. They snapped the ball with at least 20 seconds on the play clock every time. In years' past they would run no-huddle yet still not get the ball snapped until 4-5 seconds were left if they got the play off in time at all.

What I find strange about the Buffs working the no huddle so well is that it takes far more focus, attention to detail, and some decent conditioning to work it as consistantly as they did. Then why can't they run their regular offense that well?

What I find strange about the Buffs working the no huddle so well is that it takes far more focus, attention to detail, and some decent conditioning to work it as consistantly as they did. Then why can't they run their regular offense that well?

maybe they have too much time to think? with the NH, you get into the rythem and the D is on thier heels, you dont have much time to think. you just do it.

the key is getting the D on thier heels. hawaii was a gassed team for a lot of reasons and it was a good move by the staff to go to the NH.

it worked on hawaii. it may or may not work on UGA. since they have it on tape...... not going to help matters. plus, even though UGA has lost a couple of games, they have talent and speed on the D. speed kills. even a no NH.

It looked SO much more crisp than before. Other than when Speedy jogged to the sidline and didn't get off before the snap, resulting in a penalty. Speedy wasn't so speedy.

I didn't think it was quick enough and I really didn't think they were getting plays off with 20 seconds to go. I don't know about that, but it didn't seem like it was that quick. They could speed it up a bunch and it'd be even more effective.

To effectively run no-huddle, it's gotta be a fitness level for the offense that is observed and maintained for the long haul. Not a few plays.

I liked it, executed much better. Being able to run the ball was a big factor to Hawaii getting tired as well.

I like the fact that it was an actual hurry up no huddle rather than the "rushing up to the line and then spend five minutes looking at the sideline deciphering semaphore" crap we tried to run when we were running the spread.

I liked the no-huddle. I liked running with a fullback combined with the no-huddle more. No-huddle without a first down is counter productive; the 4+ yards per play without the quick strikes are what made it work.

I'm not going to argue with success. As long as you're making first downs, it's a great offense. 3 and outs will kill your defense when you run that, though.

Back