What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No more Buffaloes????

Pezman, I took the liberty of spray painting the crane gold - I hope you don't mind. I think it gives a nice jaundiced look - the price paid for too much partying. Maybe that's why it is close to extinction. Anyway CU has always had a rep as a great party school. My liver can attest to that.
View attachment 2039

Hey Sir Osis,

If you partied so hard, what are you still doing with the original equipment?

Bill Husted (who pointed us in the direction of this blog the other day in the DP) has clarified the situation in his column today --

Ralphie lives!

I reported here Tuesday that the local advertising blog thedenveregotist .com had reported that the University of Colorado was planning to rebrand with a new logo and that Ralphie the Buffalo will change or go away.

"No!" say flacks from the university. Ralphie will not go away and will not change. The CU-Boulder logo will be "tweaked" and the University of Colorado Denver will get a new logo (blue and gold) and, maybe, sports teams and a mascot.

Bill Husted (who pointed us in the direction of this blog the other day in the DP) has clarified the situation in his column today --

Ralphie lives!

I reported here Tuesday that the local advertising blog thedenveregotist .com had reported that the University of Colorado was planning to rebrand with a new logo and that Ralphie the Buffalo will change or go away.

"No!" say flacks from the university. Ralphie will not go away and will not change. The CU-Boulder logo will be "tweaked" and the University of Colorado Denver will get a new logo (blue and gold) and, maybe, sports teams and a mascot.

Bill Husted = Moron

We all should have read the comments.

http://thedenveregotist.com/editorial/1532/ralphies-ralphing#comment

The last comment posted:

We did something dumb and trusted a reliable source with some extremely unreliable information. In fact, this reliable source was so unreliable that he didn’t realize CU had two separate campuses – and that the rebranding is taking place in Denver. Well, at least we know where CU alums stand on the topic of Boulder’s brand. Consider this our retraction of the post. Long Live Ralphie!

— The Denver Egotist · Mar 25, 10:10 AM

That was about 14 hours before the story showed up over here.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

We all should have read the comments.

http://thedenveregotist.com/editorial/1532/ralphies-ralphing#comment

The last comment posted:

We did something dumb and trusted a reliable source with some extremely unreliable information. In fact, this reliable source was so unreliable that he didn’t realize CU had two separate campuses – and that the rebranding is taking place in Denver. Well, at least we know where CU alums stand on the topic of Boulder’s brand. Consider this our retraction of the post. Long Live Ralphie!

— The Denver Egotist · Mar 25, 10:10 AM

That was about 14 hours before the story showed up over here.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

That comment was not there when I read it. Perhaps there is a delay between when the comment gets dated and when it shows.

Back