What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No more Honey Badger

tyrannmathieu_lesmiles_tigerson.gif

Did the NCAA ever fix the loop hole that allows players to play immediately if they're kicked off the team (e.g. Massoli playing for Ole Miss the next season after getting booted by Oregon)?

That was allowed because Massoli had his degree and players are allowed to transfer to enter a master's program that their undergrad school did not offer without sitting out a year. Honey Badger will be playing at a D2 or D1AA (FCS) school in the next couple of weeks because he will not have to sit out a year and will be playing this fall.

That was allowed because Massoli had his degree and players are allowed to transfer to enter a master's program that their undergrad school did not offer without sitting out a year. Honey Badger will be playing at a D2 or D1AA (FCS) school in the next couple of weeks because he will not have to sit out a year and will be playing this fall.

this is the correct answer in the thread.

and, since you wandered by, i predict usc v. bama for nc this year.

mettenberger.jpg
I hope you are right. Just read on tigerdroppings that McNeese State won the honeybadger sweepstakes.
If Mettenberger was kicked off the team instead of Mathieu it would have been a much bigger loss. If Mettenberger lives up to the hype, LSU will be very hard to beat. That being said, if he does, he will go pro early.

That's right, I forgot he had graduated.

I don't quite know what to make of this: http://www.wwl.com/Report--Mathieu-wants-to-return-to-LSU-in-2013/13969179
Playing for McNeese isn't going to help him in any way, so this could be the best decision for him.
Skip Bayless is an idiot. On ESPN today, he said LSU cut Mathieu because the coaching staff thought he was expendable.
Knowing Miles history, I don't think there's a chance in hell that he will let him back on the team in the future.

Last edited:
Yea I just saw that too, you beat me to it. This is always sad to see, especially for a player with so much talent.

Best of luck to him. I hope he returns to LSU clean, and gets drafted in the 1st round.

He is so talented that this couldn't have been easy for Les Miles to do. With that in mind this might have been the only thing that could have been done to get him to think about things and realize that he had a problem.

If this was enough to get him to straighten out his life and realize what he was risking, and not just in football, the Miles may have done him the biggest favor of his life. I too hope that he can come back clean and do well the rest of his journey through life.

He is so talented that this couldn't have been easy for Les Miles to do. With that in mind this might have been the only thing that could have been done to get him to think about things and realize that he had a problem.

If this was enough to get him to straighten out his life and realize what he was risking, and not just in football, the Miles may have done him the biggest favor of his life. I too hope that he can come back clean and do well the rest of his journey through life.
He's a kid from a broken home - his father is in jail for murder. I hope this teaches him a valuable lesson. He's got the rest of his life in front of him. I hope he takes advantage of this opportunity. He seems like a good kid.

Okay, the rehab idea is great and all, but where does he go from here? Back to Baton Rouge? Another d1 team?

If I'm not wrong, he would be eligible for the nfl after this season, so why not go to a lower level school and play this season? I'm just not following the reasoning behind all this. (btw, I think the rehab/counselling is a good idea, but he could have done that anywhere)

Okay, the rehab idea is great and all, but where does he go from here? Back to Baton Rouge? Another d1 team?

If I'm not wrong, he would be eligible for the nfl after this season, so why not go to a lower level school and play this season? I'm just not following the reasoning behind all this. (btw, I think the rehab/counselling is a good idea, but he could have done that anywhere)

If he is serious about the rehab and not just doing it for show the rehab has to be the only thing for right now. He can worry about football later once he is thinking clearly. It may delay his career a year but he is good enough that if he comes back in a good place he will have plenty of options to choose from. Don't take care of dealing with the addictions and the options won't matter in the long run anyways.

Also going to rehab may just be a show. Lots of people go to rehab not believing they need it but just to "show somebody" that they don't have a problem. It isn't all that unusual that once they are there and start looking at themselves and the others around them they come to a realization that they do have a problem.

Whether it's for show or not, NFL teams are just looking for an excuse to justify drafting him.

Would anybody like the Honey Badger over many of the Bronco's first round picks in the last few years? I think the answer is yes!

Would anybody like the Honey Badger over many of the Bronco's first round picks in the last few years? I think the answer is yes!

Ahead of Von Miller, don't think so, ahead of DT wouldn't take that one either. On the other hand he wasn't a first but was a high second, in place of Raheem Moore, in an instant.

Back