What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No USC game thread yet?

The thing about the BPI is that it's supposed to take into account when a team is missing key players by counting those games less, so if anything I would expect our BPI to be even higher than our RPI. I found some general guidelines on how BPI is determined but I'm yet to find a detailed formula on how they actually come up with the BPI numbers for each team.

http://www.examiner.com/article/college-basketball-rankings-espn-s-bpi-explained
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas.../bpi-college-basketball-power-index-explained

The thing about the BPI is that it's supposed to take into account when a team is missing key players by counting those games less, so if anything I would expect our BPI to be even higher than our RPI. I found some general guidelines on how BPI is determined but I'm yet to find a detailed formula on how they actually come up with the BPI numbers for each team.

http://www.examiner.com/article/college-basketball-rankings-espn-s-bpi-explained
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas.../bpi-college-basketball-power-index-explained

I think ESPN considers it proprietary and doesn't want us to know.

Should be up by more than 8 but i'll take it. Now please don't come out and let USC immediately erase our lead.

Given the number of TOs by USC (and their general sucktitude) ... an 8 point lead ain't getting it done. We sure as hell better come out en fuego at the start of the 2nd ... or this game will have the great potential to royally piss me off :bang: (and likely shorten my life).

I think CU was 3.5 point favorites in the paper this morning.

Just saw you were referencing a person who I don't know so doubt my numbers are correct.
Too low IMO. I get we're the road team, but I think it should be atleast 5.

Need to be up bigger than this. Jhop is playing really well.
I think having xj pick up 2 cheap ones early hurt the flow early on

Uncharacteristically large number of fouls for CU, but the refs are fine. Seems like we have more than seven turnovers. Eight points is a nice lead on the road, but it easily could be double that.

Okay ... XJ, Scott, Talton, and Gordon all have 2 fouls each for us. For USC, Haley, Bryan, and Jovanovic have 2 each. I'd have to say we're potentially in more foul trouble than they are and have to be careful especially early in the 2nd ... or we're going to have key players sitting on the bench for some key minutes.

Uncharacteristically large number of fouls for CU, but the refs are fine. Seems like we have more than seven turnovers. Eight points is a nice lead on the road, but it easily could be double that.
Agreed, not sure why we have so many fouls against $C.

Thomas needs to get his head into the game and slow it down. In one sequence he committed an unforced TO then went back and committed a dumb foul. That's a 4 point swing right there. Those things add up. He was doing similar stuff against UCLA.

Thomas needs to get his head into the game and slow it down. In one sequence he committed an unforced TO then went back and committed a dumb foul. That's a 4 point swing right there. Those things add up.
Agreed. He's got at least 2 to's.I think the entire team has 6

Agreed, not sure why we have so many fouls against $C.

It's b/c fouls that haven't been called fouls for 6 weeks are all the sudden fouls again. They're calling all of the restricting movement fouls on the perimeter and in the post.

It's b/c fouls that haven't been called fouls for 6 weeks are all the sudden fouls again. They're calling all of the restricting movement fouls on the perimeter and in the post.
Does this have anything to do with Tad's comment earlier this week?

Back