What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Non-Conference Schedule

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
How do you guys see this playing out?

Fri. Nov. 13 ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF
Mon. Nov. 16 COPPIN STATE
Wed Nov. 18 TEXAS SOUTHERN
I don't see us having any problems with these guys. We should go into the Maui Invitational 3-0.

Mon. Nov. 23 ^at EA Sports Maui Invitational
Tues. Nov. 24 ^at EA Sports Maui Invitational
Wed. Nov. 25 ^at EA Sports Maui Invitational
(Arizona-Chaminade-Cincinnati-Gonzaga-Maryland-Vanderbilt-Wisconsin)
I honestly don't see us winning a game in Maui.

3-3

Tues. Dec. 1 SAN FRANCISCO
Fri. Dec. 4 %at Oregon State
We should be able to take care of San Francisco. These guys aren't very good. But I don't see us beating OSU on their home court.

4-4

Mon. Dec. 7 COLORADO CHRISTIAN
We had our hands full last year with these guys. Not that they were any good, we were just killing ourselves with dumb mistakes. That shouldn't be the case this year. CU should take this one.
5-4

Thrs. Dec. 10 at Colorado State
We played really well in this game last year. But we're going to Ft. Fun this year. Should be a good measuring stick to see where the program is at. I say CU plays a great game to handle the lambs.
6-4

Tues. Dec. 22 CAL STATE NORTHRIDGE
Cal State Northridge survived a early season 6 game slide to bounce back big time by winning their conference tourney, and earning a tournament bid(L to Memphis in the first round) with a 17-13 record. Their HC almost died in a car accident during the season and several players were tossed after stealing more than $6K worth of stuff from Best Buy on Jan 1st. This team seems to have been through it all.

This is the year they come back down to reality. They lose their top three scorers to graduation. and I expect CU to kick some ass.

7-4

Tues. Dec. 29 YALE UNIVERSITY
I hope they remember the game last year vs. Harvard.

8-4
Sat. Jan. 2 at Tulsa 1 p.m.
Big game for the Buffs. Tulsa is a young team who went to the second round in the NCAA tourney. I don't think the Buffs will manage this one.

8-5
Tues. Jan. 5 MIAMI (OHIO)
Bramos and Haynes, their top scoring threats, have graduated. But I hope Jeff will have them ready for this game. I'm not too optimistic about this one.

8-6.

That's my non-conference prediction. Not great, but not horrible either. At least not imo.

Not bad. I'm picking us to win against Miami (OH). They lost their top 3 scorers plus their entire 2-deep at guard. They don't bring back anyone who averaged 7 points or more last year. 9-5

Also, Tulsa was just a 2nd round NIT team last year. They're talented, but also a bit schizophrenic. One of those games we could win or lose by 20. Oregon State is well-coached, but they don't have much firepower. And they went on a nice run to end the year by winning the CBI and finishing at 18-18, but they were 13-17 before that tourney. I'll leave these 2 games as losses, but either could be a nice road upset for CU to pull off.

In the Maui Invitational, if we lose our 1st 2 games we play the last place game against Chaminade. I think we've got a chance of pulling an upset or 2 in that tourney, but even if we don't we should take care of Chaminade and go 1-2 there. 10-4

I agree with 10-4, but that's what I'm expecting going into conference play. I'm hoping that we pull at least one upset while taking care of other business, and end up 11-3 (one upset at Maui or taking Oregon State).

Here's a prediction though - I think Tulsa is a surprise team this year. I think they might get into the tournament - I'm stating it here first.

Here's a prediction though - I think Tulsa is a surprise team this year. I think they might get into the tournament - I'm stating it here first.

Memphis is certainly not the "Beast" of C-USA they've been the last 4-5 years. so, maybe it's up for grabs. the OSU and OU boards seem pretty high on Tulsa and I'm pretty sure i saw a top 25 that included them. Penders has had some decent Houston teams but I have no idea what they lost and who comes back....maybe he and his feathery mullet will be a factor.

i think we win a game in Hawaii. i'll go 10-4, though i'd put the over/under at 9.5.

Back