1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-CU: Dez Bryant booted

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by OKCBuff, Oct 7, 2009.

1. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

(STILLWATER, Okla., Oct. 7, 2009) -- Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for a violation of NCAA bylaw 10.1(d).

Oklahoma State University has already begun the process of applying to the NCAA on his behalf for reinstatement.

This incident does not involve anyone associated with the OSU football or athletic department staffs, any employee of the university, alumni, donors, or any third-party affiliated with OSU.

OSU is taking this step because Bryant failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU.

The University issued the following statement from Bryant: “I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA. I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA.”

OSU coach Mike Gundy said: “We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season.”

Due to the ongoing investigation of this matter, OSU has no additional comment at this time.

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Whoa!

EDIT: It could have been worse. It wasn't as if he was eating at the training table with non-scholarship athletes.

Does anybody else remember what happened to OSU's offense last year vs. Oregon when Bryant was out?

3. canbuff

canbuff New Member

I bet he'll be fully reinstated just in time for the game against the Buffs!

4. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:wow:

True, although I don't believe it will matter much.

5. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

You beat me to it. Somebody call Rick Reilly and get him into a froth over this.

6. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

I guess he was working out with Deion Sanders and lied about it?? NCAA is weird.

7. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Reilly is still embarrassed to wear his class ring.

8. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Link your ****, ****stick.

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

So...you're saying there's a chance......

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

gotta give Gundy credit, he doesn't appear to take any mess (to paraphrase the Godfather of Soul)...first thing he did when he got the job was run off a bunch of Miles' bad actors and criminals. Many of whom were starters.

this is assuming this was in a decision in which he had latitude.