1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non CU fans are getting super excited for CU!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BUffsNation, Jul 15, 2016.

1. BUffsNation

BUffsNation Newest Tool

Bear Fiend, Gary Indiana and TDforTD like this.
  2. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

CU video the best <3

Kinda cool, looks like Fa'Avae's friend made sure to retweet it and tag him just in case he didn't see it. Seems like he knows Fa'Avae is interested in us :)

3. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

well, at least he got the chant right.

chitownbuff likes this.
  4. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

uhhh, well, at least they kept the half-full stadium shots to a minimum.

I mean, there's some great stuff out there by those guys, but this isn't that exciting. I felt the urge to X out around just past halfway through...not that I did.

5. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Interesting. You are literally the first person I've seen or heard that wasn't ready to run through a wall after watching it.

6. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I'd argue that non-CU. fans have been getting super excited about CU for nearly a decade

7. darth-horax

darth-horax Well-Known Member

Man that gave me chills...

8. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

It's okay. We'll be back

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Pretty cool.

CU gets so much organic press (positively) from thing like video, uniforms, campus/town, mascots, etc.

It's so frustrating, though. Because I look at everything CU has going for it and how it has historically made a run into the Top 10 pretty much every decade of its existence... but then has these huge downturns. The culture of the university includes quite a bit of fear over being great at football and what that could mean to the dynamics of the campus. They haven't quite grasped that there are models for how to do this without compromising academic integrity. That, in fact, the football program can enhance academics by bringing a lot more applications and much higher donations. And that it can do that/ be that without going the Baylor route of building the roster.

10. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Whatever Michigan does, we should model as it relates to the football program.

11. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

They love us on the CFB subreddit. When there's a thread about us you can bank on there being 2-3 posts along the line of "I don't understand how they can suck so bad and have fallen so deep. Their campus is beautiful and they showed they can be a powerhouse. I'd love to see them rebound."

Sigh.

12. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

13. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's weird. Don't know what it is...usually I'm amped up after that stuff. I guess to me, CU Video has the same kind of video over and over again?

Sort of tangential, but does anyone remember that youtube video of the 62-36 game? It had AC/DC's Back in Black playing and it was about 7 minutes long. Hands down one of the best CU Youtube videos out there. Unfortunately, it got taken down maybe 2-4 years ago... :(

14. DiggerBuffs

DiggerBuffs Well-Known Member

You just mentioned AC/DC with the same CU video over and over again AND since that is often the same sentiment for my favorite band, AC/DC, I find it ironic.