What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Norm Chow fired in Tennessee

fixed it for you, those were 2 poor examples to choose

How do you figure? They are examples of guys that came off the bench and not only did a great job but ended replacing the starter. Is their a Vince Young on the bench behind Vince Young? I don't think so. My point is this; the passing QB is easier to replace with a team that is built as a passing team.

How do you figure? They are examples of guys that came off the bench and not only did a great job but ended replacing the starter. Is their a Vince Young on the bench behind Vince Young? I don't think so. My point is this; the passing QB is easier to replace with a team that is built as a passing team.

I say they were poor examples becuase in both cases it turned out that the guy coming off the bench actually was a better player than the one on the field. Based on the results for how the teams turned around immediately. In the case of Big Ben he may turn out to be close to an HOF QB by the time he is done, in the case of Brady the ceiling maybe GOAT.

A better example would have been where an inferior passing QB came of the bench to lead a team to victory Frank Riech backing up Jim kelly, Volek - Rivers, Collins - Campbell in DC.

I say they were poor examples becuase in both cases it turned out that the guy coming off the bench actually was a better player than the one on the field. Based on the results for how the teams turned around immediately. In the case of Big Ben he may turn out to be close to an HOF QB by the time he is done, in the case of Brady the ceiling maybe GOAT.

A better example would have been where an inferior passing QB came of the bench to lead a team to victory Frank Riech backing up Jim kelly, Volek - Rivers, Collins - Campbell in DC.

The point was that teams that build there offenses around a running QB are less likely to have a player on the bench that is as good as the player they need replaced when injured or imprisioned. Philly does not have two McNabbs. Atlanta clearly does not have two Vicks. And Tenn does not have two Youngs.

Your making the same point I am in that the teams you cited (and the ones I cited) all have backups that were successful when it came time to come off the bench with no notice.

life_getting_complicated.jpg

The point was that teams that build there offenses around a running QB are less likely to have a player on the bench that is as good as the player they need replaced when injured or imprisioned. Philly does not have two McNabbs. Atlanta clearly does not have two Vicks. And Tenn does not have two Youngs.

That's a good point. Tennessee has Kerry Collins backing Young. Vick had Schaub, who is mobile but not a runner, as a backup. McNabb isn't as much of a runner anymore, but when he was Koy was his backup. Seems like it would make sense for a team like Tennessee to look at a Seneca Wallace type to back up Young, so that the offense can maintain at least some consistency in style, if not the same level of athlete...

Back