1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

north co champions?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by ladyblaise, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

2. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

They want to claim the status of "Co-B12N Champs - non-representative team that get's nothing for the title"? Fine. As long as they are also willing to admit that they "backed into" that embarrassing non-Championship when a Mizzou team that whooped their asses like a 4 year old at Kmart stumbled and lost to someone they shouldn't have.

The complete dysfunction of that fan base is so clearly revealed in their desperation to claim football excellence.

Co B12N Champs...Congratulations Fusker Nation, you get to french kiss your sister! (Okay that's a bad choice in words due to the fact that in the NE culture that's not the shytty consolation prize it is everywhere else in the country). :puke:

3. Spider

Spider Member

It's erroneous. Mizzou won the North.

Might as well declare Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech "co-champions" of the Big 12 South. :rolleyes:

4. ladyblaise

it is a typical husker claim. i know y'all (as a fanbase) claimed a co-championship in 2001 after colorado waxed your furry butts. there was nothing "co" about it that year or this year.

5. Spider

Spider Member

Teams with identical win - loss conference division records are not "co-champions" unless they've not played one another. Even then how they each fared against their common opponents could negate the idea of "co-champions."

6. ladyblaise

bottom line, the big 12 does not recognize the idea of divisional cochampions in football.

it does not exist.

7. Spider

Spider Member

Neither does Santa Claus. But many well-meaning people like to pretend just for the fun and good will of it. :smile2:

8. ladyblaise

good will? it shows nothing but disrespect to the team and fans who legitimately won to make that claim. how so is it good willed?

good will is accepting you got beat down (particularly like this year vs mizzou and 01 vs cu). applauding that they won the division and looking to the next year.

9. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

WHAT?!? Santa was the only thing in Red I didn't hate and now you have to ruin that for me too? ****. YOU.

10. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

And many like to pretend he is the "co-champion" of Christmas figures. Reality is, he is at best a weak #2.... :thumbsup:

Skidmark likes this.
  11. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

Iowa St and tOSU beg to differ.:smile2:

12. ladyblaise

neither of which play for the big 12, assuming you know what you are talking about and mean iowa? not that iowa is a player this year. :rolleyes: the big 10 is free to make their rules as they see fit.

here in the big 12, there are NO divisional co-champions. there is ONE divisional leader. mizzou beat your ass. they won. deal with it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  13. Spider

Spider Member

:lol:

14. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You get mad at weird things.

15. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

i remember a few years back, OU and Texas finsihed tied, but OU won the tie breaker, Mack and company in their famous way of spin doctoring, almost as good as this past week and last night on ABC, had rings made for the UT team that said BIG XII South Division Co-Champions.

16. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Agreed on this one. I really do not care what the red menace thinks on this one. We will still be watching Missouri play OU/Texas next week.

17. Spider

Spider Member

Here's a link to the Big 12 rules on how conference championships are detirmined (no mention of "co-champions" at all):

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

Several ways of breaking a tie. Our tie with Mizzou was broken when they beat us, obviously.

I still don't know anybody who calls Nebraska and Missouri "co-champions of the Big 12 North."

Not sure why it came up; maybe a media person used the term erroneously.

18. ladyblaise

is anyone angry on this thread? :confused: if that is directed at me, i pointed out that the idea of co-champions is an invalid one without much emotion at all save for a smattering of disbelief.

for the emotionally challenged, anger and disbelief are not equal emotions.

i pointed out with a link earlier in the thread that provided the big 12 rules. it was brought up owing to a lengthy link, also provided, in which husker after husker attempt to "school" the few who point out that there is no such thing as a b12 north co-champion.

19. Coloradosker

Jebus I was talking about ISU several years ago when they tied you and had Co-Champ shirts made. tOSU has tied several times in the past few years and continues to put up the year they were champs in the Shoe. I've not claimed anything like a championship and won't. Save your bitch tirade for someone who deserves it.

20. Spider

Spider Member

My bad; never saw the link or the Husker fans talking about "co-champions." I'd never have posted the link I found or bothered much to point out that it's obviously not a Big 12 sanctioned notion.

21. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Doesn't the Big-10 and Pac-10 actually have co-champs? But in the end, this is Big 12 football! This ain't intramurals (in this case a weak ass Big10/Pac10), brother.

22. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

Who effin cares? The intraweb is full of pointless conversation.

23. ladyblaise

1. big ten recognizes co-championships. your percieved point?
    2. did the big 12 recognize isu as a co-champion, being as you pointed out that they beg to differ?

or are you just blathering to blather? save your tirade for someone who wants to listen. if you wish to contribute something of substance, feel free.

bingo. it is not a big 12 notion at all.

24. Coloradosker

Let me type this very slowly so you might understand. I WAS NOT BEING SERIOUS. IT WAS A JOKE. Got it? ISU fans were thumping their chests at getting a piece of a conference title for the first time in 100 some odd years. The Big XII does not recognize co-champs, but they had shirts made up anyways.

25. Waylon Van Smack

Waylon Van Smack Well-Known Member

many of the FB team were in attendance at last nights CU-NU hoops game. during the first time out they were introduced as B12N Co-Champions. the crowd cheered and laughed, not wanting to show disrespect to the players on the court but they were not buying the co-champ title either.

26. ladyblaise

:blah: stop before you give yourself a nosebleed. your fans can be ubertards. accept it and move on.

okay, and the school is led by ubertards too... :lol:

27. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Not surprising of those delusional phux...

Exactly why I was rooting for Mizzou in this game, because I knew those idots would claim they won the north.

28. ladyblaise

:nod: UHF custom made this scene for them:

[​IMG]

YOO SO STUPID!!!!!

29. Spider

Spider Member

I haven't found anybody who thinks Nebraska is "co-champions" of the North.

This is an amusing thread because any fans of a team who tied the division winner in conference division W - L would look at it as at most an irony that the other team and not them is the winner of that division. But to declare themselves "co-champions" would vanish upon recalling being beaten by that other team.

You can replace "Missouri - Nebraska" with "Kansas - Colorado," etc and you'd have exactly the same dynamics going on and exactly the same percentages of people feeling this way or that way about it.

30. Saulbadguy

Saulbadguy Member

K-State has a 99 Co-Champs North Division trophy. KU has a 07 one.