What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

north co champions?

Trophies purchased from Marvins Trophy, Bait & Tackle shop are not recognized as legitimate.

It's a nice trophy, I've seen it. Incredibly, the bass mounted on the cup actually sings!

We are not the co-champs of the North and until the Big XII decides to change this rule to allow something like this I could care less. Missery beat us badly and they are the true North champions. If it makes the kids feel better about the season then they can think that all they want and that's fine. It means nothing though....................

Funny , Bob Stoops called all three teams tied in the South "co-champions". Missouri whipped NU, but then again NU whipped KU, and KU beat Missouri. Missouri is the best in the North, and will get it handed to them in the CCG! Again, no Nebraska fan should be bragging about this, but if it brings another trophy to show off to recruits, which it sounds like it will...then whatever!!:thumbsup:

http://sports.aol.com/videos/video/espn/oklahoma-moves-up-to-no-2-spot-in-bcs-standings/2965340241

at :11.

Its pretty pathetic that kNebraska would try to claim that they were "co-champions" of the division. And using Iowa State and KSjU as precedents for kNebraska football? How the mighty have fallen!

The conference decides who the champions are; the conference says missouri is the champion of the north, therefore Nebraska isn't co-champion of anything.

:smile2:

Correction: Missouri is the co-champion of the North, and has the head to head with Nebraska, and therefore will be representing the North in the CCG! Just like in the South where there are three teams tied in the South. What is even crazier, is if NU had pulled out their game against TT in overtime, then it would have been Texas versus Nebraska in the CCG, oh how close it was. Texas would have danced on NU, but man the envy on this board would have been through the roof even more than it is right now!!!:wow:

Funny , Bob Stoops called all three teams tied in the South "co-champions". Missouri whipped NU, but then again NU whipped KU, and KU beat Missouri. Missouri is the best in the North, and will get it handed to them in the CCG! Again, no Nebraska fan should be bragging about this, but if it brings another trophy to show off to recruits, which it sounds like it will...then whatever!!:thumbsup:

http://sports.aol.com/videos/video/espn/oklahoma-moves-up-to-no-2-spot-in-bcs-standings/2965340241

at :11.

Quotes from Bob Stoops as lending credibility to a non-issue? :rolleyes:

It's the quotes from the Big 12 rules pages, as posted here twice, that matter: no such mention of "co-champions" of a conference division.

C'mon Husker folks.. we did good; Pelini's first complete season gave us 8 wins. We've got real concerns to gnash about, not this "do leprechauns really exist" silliness. :lol:

It's the quotes from the Big 12 rules pages, as posted here twice, that matter: no such mention of "co-champions" of a conference division.

C'mon Husker folks.. we did good; Pelini's first complete season gave us 8 wins. We've got real concerns to gnash about, not this "do leprechauns really exist" silliness. :lol:

:yeahthat: No argument about it. We had a good season. We are champions of nothing unless we win the Gator bowl.

"My balls are dry, Kyle. Bone dry."

isouth-parki-smug-alert-20060330031520554-000.jpg

EDIT: This thread is going to end up at ****ing fly epicness if we aren't careful!

Allright, we have some sane NU fans and some not so sane NU fans... But I think the Sane ones won this ridiculous debate. If they keep it up all they do is open themselves up for more ridicule...

so, is bo pelini the greatest coach in the Big XII or just the North?

Allright, we have some sane NU fans and some not so sane NU fans... But I think the Sane ones won this ridiculous debate. If they keep it up all they do is open themselves up for more ridicule...

You realize what you've done right.........................your just poking and prodding now. :lol:

:lol:

He's the greatest active head football coach at the University of Nebraska. :smile2:

I'd enjoy a matchup where UT gets to take a shot against the Nubs for a co-champion trophy. Play it in Tulsa and call it the "But we feel like champions" consolation cup.

Reactions: SBG
This thread is still going? Does this actually have legs? Does anyone really consider kNU 'co-champs'??

Of course, you could say that all 6 teams in the north are co-champions and missouri just gets to go to the championship game because they won the "tie-breaker" of having the best record in the division before they won the tie-breaker with Nebraska.

Or maybe the tie-breaker was that eric crouch video? That ought to keep Nebraska out of the championship game even if they go undefeated. Of course, Missouri's qb picked his nose on national television, so that's almost a wash.

Bob Stoops - “Again, the unusual circumstances that everybody is talking about the entire week, glad to be over with. We all are. I know Texas Tech and I’m sure Texas are disappointed. All three of us have Big 12 South co-champion, tri-champion, whatever you want to call it trophies. Each of us have identical records in the conference and one of us has to go. None of us put the system together and that’s the way it is. But again, the entire week everyone that wants to talk about head-to-head competition, then Texas Tech is every bit as disappointed as Texas is. Texas Tech just a couple of weeks ago head-to-head beat Texas, then a couple of weeks later, we beat them by 44 points. So they have as a legitimate a beef as anyone else does. Or, if you’re going to discount them for being in the game because of how we beat them, then you’ve just said something there as well. If they’re out of the conversation because of how we beat them, then you’ve said a lot by taking them out of the conversation. So in the end, that’s where it’s at. Again, we’re excited to be in the situation. And again I can understand with the way Tech and Texas feel, can’t be good. But in the end it’s your whole body of work through the year and how you’ve played down the stretch. "

Are there actually trophies going to all three? Kinda sounds that way.

Exactly my point Waylon....while to "most" fans a co-championship is pretty weak, if it puts another trophy in the case to show recruits, then so be it!

There is a difference between trophies you get awarded and those you award yourselves. There is nothing stopping Nebraska, or Texas or whomever from buying their own trophies, but if the conference didn't give it to you its kinda like those gay trophies kids get in those soccer leagues where "everyone's a winner."

And do you think recruits are going to see some fake trophy for co-semi-kinda-champions of the division and think, "wow, I wanna go there, cause they give themselves trophies?" I'm guessing no.

Exactly my point Waylon....while to "most" fans a co-championship is pretty weak, if it puts another trophy in the case to show recruits, then so be it!

Typing this could make me puke, :puke:, but I've been to the Nebraska trophy room, :puke:, excuse me, and I don't think you guys really need a "co-champs" bull**** trophy to show recruits...you got enough real trophies. :puke:

Typing this could make me puke, :puke:, but I've been to the Nebraska trophy room, :puke:, excuse me, and I don't think you guys really need a "co-champs" bull**** trophy to show recruits...you got enough real trophies. :puke:

:lol: That must have been hard for you. :lol:

You guys realize that the whole thread is pretty much satirical in nature right?

What sucks is we actually would have been north champs if we would have beat Tex Tech :(

You guys realize that the whole thread is pretty much satirical in nature right?

What sucks is we actually would have been north champs if we would have beat Tex Tech :(

But instead you sill haven't beaten a ranked team in forever.

Back