1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a surprise

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

But the A&M game is not on TV. Noon MT kickoff.

2. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

100%? I hope Bohn can pull a rabbit out of his had (like he did for KjSU) and somehow get a local broadcast again...

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

That's BS, who wouldn't want to see a 5-3 game?

No reason in the year 2008 not to be able to see every game.

4. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Hmm, relatively early KO the day after Halloween. Looks like I may have to find a relatively easy 3.5 project to do on the 1st while listening to the game.

5. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

The 1:00 kickoff works well for those of us going to the game.:thumbsup:

Anyone here who has been to College Station who is going this year? There are three of us (middle-aged guys) going to the game. We have the hotel, the car, and the tickets. What we are looking for is someone who has been to Yell Practice before and would like some company on Halloween. (i.e., a tour guide so we are not heading into the hornets' nest alone!).

Any takers? Anyone who knows someone who is going to Yell Practice and the game?

6. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

I'll be there with my dad, but unfortunatly, we have never been either so we dont know where were going. Hopefuly we dont end up with the drunks at yell practice

7. Buffslax2

Buffslax2 Member

I probably missed it, but what is the TV situation for Mizzou this weekend?

8. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

If you would have read the first post. It states the game is NOT on TV this weekend. :rolleyes:

9. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

A&M is in two weeks. This week vs. Mizzou is on FSN at 4:30 pm Mountain Time.

10. SkiTownUSA

11. SkiTownUSA

I'll just shut up and go now. :thumbsup:

12. BUFFS14

BUFFS14 Well-Known Member

FSN keeps saying "home of the Buffs", does that mean they are going to carry every game?

13. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

he was asking for the Mizzou game... not the eATMe game...

Mizzou is 6:30 pm EDT on Fox Sports Net.

:cool::confused::sleep:

14. SkiTownUSA

I don't think so. They just do most of them. Unless ESPN is covering. Even then I've seen games on both stations. I sure think that would be swell though.

15. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

So no way to watch the ATM game without going to College Station? Unfortunate.

16. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Been there years ago for a CU game (1996). A great tradition. Found the Aggies to be very classy and nice as I sat in the middle of the student section with CU gear on. Have fun - sorry I can't join in.

17. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Another stupid question but I am on a trip so is it a regional or national for the mizzou

18. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

1pm kickoff also works well to silence the official "12th man" who are all too hungover from the traditional college Halloween festivities

19. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

i think (hope) its national. i say this because if you look on the official CU athletic site, the ksu game says FSN RM. the MU game just shows FSN. the texas and csu games were national and they also have FSN next to them.

http://www.cubuffs.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&KEY=&SPID=255&SPSID=3850

i will be in a hotel room in charleston, sc myself praying to God they get FSN. :thumbsup:

20. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

We better win at Columbia. That might be the only way we can get this televised. I can't miss a CU victory this year.

And I was trying to get my friend to fly out to CS (he's from aTm), but he didn't want to since they were so bad. **** PISS ****!##$!$%^

What other games are there on that day? At least against EWU I was able to catch the game later on BuffTV

21. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

Bummer I have been to yell practice, before the OU game in 2002, and have several friends that are Aggies. Wont be there this year. Let me see what I can find out for you and I'll send you a PM. It will be in the next day or two as I am head your way (almost - South Dakota) to start of a month of my favorite fall activities that I am actually a player, not a fan.

22. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

I think it's national. I live in Oregon and checked my local Comcast listings, and I get it. Although it kind of [extremely] irritates me [pisses me right the hell off] that Comcast [the local bunch of idots] doesn't, for some reason, have FSN HD on the HD package.

23. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I was just thinking, but yell practice on Halloween would be nucking futs. Dem Aggies are a strange bunch.

24. SkiTownUSA

What is this activity. Pheasant Hunting perhaps? SoDak has great Pheasant hunting. You really wouldn't be a player though. I'm curious. I must know.

25. Tea Rex

Tea Rex Club Member Club Member

Great once again don't get to watch thanks to UCCS not providing FSN and having a game at CSU-Pueblo 2 hours before kickoff, looks like its good old Zimmer and Mark Johnson for me again.

26. unbiasedtruth

oh yes a big time player in pheasant hunting.... was a top recruit and started my 1st hunt in 1969 in sw kansas. since then I have hunted mostly in south central nebraska. Only problem there is the rio grande turkey and whitetail deer population is soaring and the pheasant and quail population is in serious decline from the 70's early 80's when I 1st started to hunt there. This will be my 4th trip to Redfield, SD and I really like it there. only wish it wasn't so far...

oh I still hunt in nebraska, pheasant, quail and have started deer hunting too.... the grain/grass fed deer are truly delicious from the area I hunt.... plus I help a friend pick around 2000 acres of corn too....

and I never played football, it always got in the way of hunting especially once I was in high school it seemed.... a little baseball until I was told to cut my hair or quit.... so needless to say I said c'ya....

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  27. SkiTownUSA

Nice.

Growing up I used to go pheasant hunting in Nebraska too. I'd spent some Thanksgiving weekends at a family members farm by Lincoln. The weekend was full of great pheasant hunting and battling the local cornsuckers. They would always send me home with some sort of Nu paraphernalia that would just piss my step dad off. g
    Now that I live in NoDak I'm looking foward to going pheasant hunting up here. The season already started I've just been lazy. I haven't been in probably 6+ years.
    I've never been deer hunting, but might try that. I heard that the Whitetails that feed on the corn up here are delicious. The corn gives em a little fat like a well marbles steer or something.
    Have a great trip.

28. unbiasedtruth

NOICE!!! hunting on family farms. I was lucky enough to have that opportunity too with my grandparents in NE Oklahoma for quail and it was a quail hunters paradise. Almost a 1000 acres of farm that was basically left to grow wild after my grandfathers health went south in the mid 60's. Good thing was I was never sent home with fusker crap.

Try deer hunting. The deer 2 deer I shot last year we so frigging fat, and when the local processing plant started to butcher them up, they called me and let me know these were the 1st deer they had ever seen with marbling in the meat, not very much mind you, but its was still there. I was asked I dont know how many times where I hunt at by all the people working there, but like a good fishing hole, I never told them. Gave them a hint, its 9-10 hours away driving, so spin that compass and take off.....:lol:

I cant telll you the last time I ate beef, as in a burger or steak at home....:thumbsup:

29. MSBuff

MSBuff Well-Known Member

:wow: you have long hair? :smile:

30. unbiasedtruth

just a little longer than what you saw... it will be there again in 4-6 months....:thumbsup: