1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not even getting votes?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by sackman, Dec 18, 2012.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I realize that we lost big at KU. But with two losses - both on the road to solid teams - shouldn't we be getting some consideration? We were ranked as high as 17 at one point, weren't we?

Somebody who knows more about basketball rankings feel free to chime in. While I thought 17 was probably too high, I also think that not getting a single vote is kind of insulting. We have a very solid basketball team.

2. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I noticed that too.

But I think I'm okay with the team flying under the radar for a while longer. This should just add a few more pounds to that chip on their shoulders.

3. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

Few of those voters look at SOS and RPI. They saw up get worked by KU, and Bailer and Murray State are a distance memory. Our record is still pretty far ahead of where I thought we'd be at this time.

4. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

The way CU lost to KU, pretty much guaranteed they weren't going to get votes. We probably would have gotten a slight boost from beating CSU, had CU kept it within 10-15 points at AFH.

A good showing @Arizona will get the voters attention though.

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

It's a little surprising not to get votes, but let me clue you in on the average east coast voter: they saw that loss to Wyoming and they think "Wow, bad loss. CU was overrated" (because they know nothing about Wyoming being pretty good). Then they see a 36 point loss to KU. That's just the way it is when you're a team that's trying to build a tradition and gain respect. Nothing comes easily.

6. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

Map of the US by East Coast BB voters:

[​IMG]

7. Hawk Love

Hawk Love Member

Who cares? Just make the Dance and go from there. If we keep playing like this, we'll qualify for an At Large Bid if we don't get the automatic bid. Remember, this is a sport with a playoff tournament, so no CO-Champions like football!

8. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:nod: Yup. CU has close to zero name recognition in hoops right now. It'd be nice to be ranked for the recognition it can get you, but as we saw in the WYO and KU games that can go both ways, and not sure this team is ready for that right now. Nothing wrong with flying under the radar for now as long as we can stay in the RPI Top 40.

9. duaneallman8

duaneallman8 Member

One thing I know for sure, CU is not among the top 25 teams in the country. We just aren't at that level. I have no problem with churning out a solid record and getting to the dance without a ranking. With our youth, it would be nice to beat a good team on the road before we have a target on our back.

10. CVilleBuff

Actually, a lot of people care. Being ranked in the top 25 brings invaluable recognition. You get the attention, the mentions, the write-ups, the previews, etc. The Dance is great, but to be a successful program, you need eyes on you for more than a week or two in March.

11. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

More importantly, when I go to the ESPN scoreboard it defaults to the games involving Top 25 teams. Being ranked saves me a click. :smile2:

12. CVilleBuff

That crossed my mind as well. CRUCIAL.

13. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:lol: