1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not so fast, my friend ... (was: P12 finalizing details ....)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

*sigh* we at least get pods tho.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/cont...horns/entries/2011/09/18/official_potent.html

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

ugh. What, exactly, is texas giving up? Nothing, thats what. ****** job LS.

3. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

I call BS on the LHN. Texas gets to share a PAC 12 regional with Tech and gets an even split of the tier 3 $$ or they can find another conference. Anything else tears down the business model Scott has built.

4. Darth Snow

If this LHN bull**** is anythingmore than a salve to UT arrogance, I'm gonna be pissed. Only acceptable compromise is the one like USC and UCLA got for revenue.

5. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I think Larry Scott knows that 1/16 of the newly negotiated contract will be greater than what the Whorns are receiving now. Therefore, there will effectively be equal revenue sharing. I suspect the new deal will approach NFL type crazy cash.

6. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

If this is true, my man crush on Larry Scott is officially over.

7. buffted

buffted New Member

so basically, texas makes more money than everyone, and if not everyone has to pay up...

8. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:cry:

1 person likes this.
  9. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yup. And why will the new deal approach crazy cash? Because the conference will have both OU and UT.

Also, UT will have to add Pac content to the LHN.

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Tech's amazingly "good fortune" in all this is still astonishing.

11. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Sounds like the Buffs get the whorns and may have to pay them too! That sounds just like old times.

Good Luck in the 16-Pac, or what ever it is going to be called!

12. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Where's that Cal84 dude? I'm kicking his ass.

13. buffted

buffted New Member

The Pac network may make more, but at the same time, if thats the case, why not just make it always equal revenue no matter what. despite it most likely being equal, thats still saying that, if there are any circumstances where a team will benefit more than another, texas is the only one allowed that privilege.

14. The Guest

The Guest Guest

****, I was really hoping you guys would get them. this is bad.

15. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

**** you - go to a Big Whatever board and trowel your idiocy.

16. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Add me to the list that will believe the LHN coexists with the PAC-12 when it happens. One school administrator saying they can live with it doesn't mean much. IMHO we (should) only do this if the current roster of schools ends up with more net income and UT doesn't make more than any other PAC-16 school. Otherwise, as previously stated, the model is broken. That old BS about an eastern conference headquarters in Texas cannot be tolerated, however. And I don't think we need to go there just to be the first to 16, or to guarantee any other specific schools.

17. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

So I want my money refunded for the PAC-12 tshirt i just bought. Anyone have Larry's contact info ?

18. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Why in the world would the California schools vote for this? Texas is the only school that could exceed the revenue sharing...where's their downside risk? If they're going to allow Texas to keep the extra revenue if the LHN succeeds, then they should also have to live with less money if it doesn't - we shouldn't share s**t with Texas.

19. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

So when does the Conference office move to Dallas? :huh:

20. The Guest

The Guest Guest

No kidding, I had dinner with a Texas army dude the other night. Great guy actually, but Texas through and through. He said--in all seriousness--that if Texas joins the Pac, they should put an eastern HQ in Dallas, and also, they should play the Conference Championship in Jerryworld every year, and described it as "a good opportunity for the other teams".

I can't make this **** up. He was 100% serious, and was incapable of understanding my objection.

21. Darth Snow

concession there, conccession here, and it will be done. sigh. First, we will alternate games between Cali and jerryworld, then it will be just jerryworld because the rose bowl is "outdated" or some such nonsense.

22. CUBUFF80

Dewey Defeats Truman!

BuffNut99 likes this.
  23. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

So much for geographical and academic lines. This will suck big time. We finally get away from texas and here are again, back dealing with these turds.

Recruiting will suffer too if cu doesn't start winning more than 5 games a year.

Basically..**** this.

24. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

LOL! Sort of.

Goes to show many of thost texas clowns really believe that "everything is bigger (and more important) in texas".

What nerve they have.

25. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I have a feeling that the whole longhorn network revenue thing is similar to what LS did with the LA schools to get them to accept the conference. He knew that it wouldn't be an issue but wanted to give the LA schools the feeling that they were being dealt with as being special. Same thing with Texas. They just want to feel special even if they arent.

Everything else sounds good to me. Minus the one ****** road trip each year its not to bad for football. In the end though I see a 2 game playoff for the conference championship, once the NCAA is either disbanded or renegotiated. And I do eventually see a rotation of venues for the championship game, I think in the beginning LS even said that was the eventual goal, but for now wanted to see how it worked on campus.

26. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but I think you all are mistaken. The premise (and that's all it is at this point) is that the Whorns get a minimum guarantee, just like USC and UClLA were promised, but if contractual revenue exceeds the minimum, then every member gets an equal share. I think the schools presidents and Larry Scott know the minimum will be exceeded. Therefore, Whorn gets the same slice as Washington State.

Obviously, there's a lot of supposition in this, but given the likelihood that this was gonna happen this proposed scenario isn't awful. We get 1) in a pod with ASU, Az, Utah. Guaranteed trips every year into NW, Cali, and Texas, 2) a crap load of cash per year...I mean disgusting money, 3) we will have two good recruiting grounds in both Cali and Texas plus Arizona and of course Colorado. There will be less division of Texas athletes as Baylor and KU, Missouri will be marginalized, and 4) the league offices and championship game ain't moving to Dallas.

I didn't want Texas but I can live with this possible outcome.

bombay likes this.
  27. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Funny coming from a fusker. I hope you guys rot in the Big Ten.

1 person likes this.
  28. liverflukes

liverflukes Resident Bear Club Member

29. CUBUFF80

Amen, there is no end to their self-serving arrogance. I wonder why this guy still hangs out here?

30. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

AMEN ! :lol: