What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Notre Dame to join the ACC ....

I heard the ACC just upped the exit fee to something like $50M. The Big 12/10 needs to expand to 12 and the Big East is ripe for picking. What are the chances that Louisville and Cincy get invited? The super conferences may be down the road. I think the Big East is history except for bball only schools.

Louisville and Cincy to the Big 12? I can see Louisville going there, in fact that's probably their next target if and when they decide to expand, and I'm not not convinced that FSU still isn't a possibility. I doubt the Big 12 has any interest in Cincy.

I heard the ACC just upped the exit fee to something like $50M. The Big 12/10 needs to expand to 12 and the Big East is ripe for picking. What are the chances that Louisville and Cincy get invited? The super conferences may be down the road. I think the Big East is history except for bball only schools.

I have some friends in the media in this area and the rumor is Louisville is a Big 12 "safe school" option. You know how when a HS senior chooses his top 3-4 and has a "safety school" he knows he can get into? Well, that's UL for the Big 12. They were trying seriously for FSU and Clemson and both were VERY interested. In fact, the ND move by the ACC was a surprise to FSU and they're not happy about it because it handcuffs them to the ACC. So now the Big 12 is out of options in the ACC, so adding Louisville and one other, possibly Cincy, might make the most sense. WVU needs some friends and that would make for a nice land bridge to the core part of the conference. We shall see. UL is a great addition, IMO, but Cincy seems weak a little. Honestly, if I was them, I would look at CSU and take them as a growth project. That on-campus stadium will be a nice thing for them (gag, I know... just being unbiased for a second!) and being able to claim Denver (I know, but it counts for media negotiations) would be a good thing for them.

I wonder how the $50 million exit fee would stand up in court if FSU or Clemson decided to fight it and jump. Field day for the lawyers.

I wonder how the $50 million exit fee would stand up in court if FSU or Clemson decided to fight it and jump. Field day for the lawyers.

Good point, I kind of wonder the same thing too. I'm sure they wouldn't end up having to pay the full amount.

Back