What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nov. 7-9 Other Games Thread

It's all been said, but I'll say it too - as many suspected, if Oregon runs into a tough, physical team and gets punched in the face they can't handle it and start crying - literally. It's great to see a team like Stanford play tough, hard-nosed, traditional football instead of all this spread crap and be very successful at it. I love the way they play.

It's all been said, but I'll say it too - as many suspected, if Oregon runs into a tough, physical team and gets punched in the face they can't handle it and start crying - literally. It's great to see a team like Stanford play tough, hard-nosed, traditional football instead of all this spread crap and be very successful at it. I love the way they play.

I have read this same type of comment several times on this board but also remember when that style of play was considered 'boring'.

Thomas laughing and smiling on the sideline while teammates crying...even drew some flack from color analyst. I was :rofl:

I would have been somewhat neutral to Oregon winning a NC a few years ago, but I outright do not want them to sniff it now, or ever. Eff that program and their insufferable fanbase.

josh-huff-crying-with-plenty-of-time-left.gif

I'm not saying Stanford should've found another version of Andrew Luck by now, but they should do better than Hogan. That guy throws like his arm is in a cast. They have had WR classes in the last 3-4 years we would kill for, there is no reason their offense is so dependent on the 7-8 OL formations.

If Shaw ever bitches about why he hasn't made a BCS championship yet, he can point to himself. He's got the tools and the recruiting on hand to put a truly balanced offense together. I don't know why he chooses to just pound it and start a QB that sucks at throwing.

This Stanford team has some weaknesses including not having a QB the level of Luck but last night and some other games this year have proven that they have the talent overall to compete with absolutely anybody.

As good as they are they don't have any excuse for losing in the style they did to a team like Utah. That wasn't about talent or system, that was about not being ready to play.

Shaw can blame himself for that because minus that Utah game Stanford would easily be in position to go to the NC game this year. Not being ready to beat a team like Utah can be directed straight at him.

This Stanford team has some weaknesses including not having a QB the level of Luck but last night and some other games this year have proven that they have the talent overall to compete with absolutely anybody.

As good as they are they don't have any excuse for losing in the style they did to a team like Utah. That wasn't about talent or system, that was about not being ready to play.

Shaw can blame himself for that because minus that Utah game Stanford would easily be in position to go to the NC game this year. Not being ready to beat a team like Utah can be directed straight at him.
Man, Alabama and Stanford would be a hell of a game.

I still can't believe Furd lost to Utah. I was surprised that night, but now it's inexcusable. Not really even disrespecting Utah, but a team that can dominate Oregon like that for 50+ minutes shouldn't be losing to a team that lost at home to Oregon State.

I have read this same type of comment several times on this board but also remember when that style of play was considered 'boring'.

Against like teams like UO it's great to watch. When tOSU does it's boring because the B1G is a glorified MWC. When Bama plays LSU and it ends in a 9-6 game that's boring. When you guys dominated them in the MNC game that was a thing of beauty. Even in the MNC game last year against ND that was a thing of beauty.

I may give crap to the SEC, but watching physical play is great when there is some semblance of offense. Stanford had that last night. I'm looking forward to the LSU vs Bama game.

Against like teams like UO it's great to watch. When tOSU does it's boring because the B1G is a glorified MWC. When Bama plays LSU and it ends in a 9-6 game that's boring. When you guys dominated them in the MNC game that was a thing of beauty. Even in the MNC game last year against ND that was a thing of beauty.

I may give crap to the SEC, but watching physical play is great when there is some semblance of offense. Stanford had that last night. I'm looking forward to the LSU vs Bama game.

The Big 10 may be down (again :lol:) but they are much more than a "glorified MWC".

A lot of people ask me-Who do your cheer for when tuk plays the barn? I just cheer for the defense on the field to pop somebody hard.

Florida getting stomped 17 to 0 at home. Mushcamp is gone. Didn't know Florida fans were such bandwagoners. At least UT has a lot of people at their game even though they've struggled for years now.

Purdue with their first TD in a month and first redzone snap since Sept 28th. They lucked out on a muffed punt on Iowa's 40

Back