What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now its time for football.

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
With the Men's loss in the NCAA tournament to the Oregon Wannabees's from Wacko, its time for football.

Must say i am a little sad because that run was awesome, but I am excited for the future with the men's team. If buff nation comes out to support them at folsom like they did at coors, it will help embo rebuild this thing so much faster. Folsom can have just as much a home field advantage as coors if we get the fans there. I hope the CUnit leadership can see that and are already in talks with Bohn, on how to get the student more organized for football season. TZISKIN I dont know what kind of connections you have but I am sure you could pass on the word to the CUnit that we need them at Folsom.

Here's to Fall 2012, hopefully the return of CU Football.

With the Men's loss in the NCAA tournament to the Oregon Wannabees's from Wacko, its time for football.

Must say i am a little sad because that run was awesome, but I am excited for the future with the men's team. If buff nation comes out to support them at folsom like they did at coors, it will help embo rebuild this thing so much faster. Folsom can have just as much a home field advantage as coors if we get the fans there. I hope the CUnit leadership can see that and are already in talks with Bohn, on how to get the student more organized for football season. TZISKIN I dont know what kind of connections you have but I am sure you could pass on the word to the CUnit that we need them at Folsom.

Here's to Fall 2012, hopefully the return of CU Football.

Yes. 100%.

Wood hit PRich for two TD's. A 70 yarder and a 30 yarder. Embree sounds really upbeat about the team's attitude. Sounds night and day from last year. He says the staff are finally "able to coach football."

Sounds like Embo is seeing the changes he wants to see. You can hear it from the players too, they are seeing the results of their hardwork. Bahktiari (sp) was saying that the O-line is really gelling right now, that they won't be the biggest and probably not the strongest, but they will be the fastest and in the best positions. That sounds promising. Embo said he has only had to get on 3guys so far for not showing enough effort. One of them is a freshman so they are still catching up. Overall it sounds like a lot more productive spring then last year. I just hope CW and PR are developing a chemistry. When QB's and WR's trust each other and know what the other wants to do it makes everything click so much better.

Really looking forward to next season. On paper, we should be pretty terrible - but it just seems like things in Boulder are turning around on all fronts. I hope we can shock some people next year.

Would also be nice to hear that facility news.

Really looking forward to next season. On paper, we should be pretty terrible - but it just seems like things in Boulder are turning around on all fronts. I hope we can shock some people next year.

Would also be nice to hear that facility news.
No we shouldn't. We'll be young but on paper we shouldn't be terrible.

No we shouldn't. We'll be young but on paper we shouldn't be terrible.

We won't be as terrible on paper as we were last year but we will still be terrible.

Hawkins left a roster full of guys who were mid-major level talents at best. Almost accross the board, with a few notable exceptions, compared to the teams we were playing we were smaller, weaker, slower, and less skilled. To me that qualifies as terrible. With two recruiting classes, only one which wasn't a rush job, the bulk of the roster is still those Hawkins guys.

What should change this year is another step towards the attitude and effort needed to compete. Changing attitudes takes time but I think Embree is doing it as fast as he can.

I am really hoping for a bowl game this year, even if it is an afterthought bowl it will be a step in the right direction. If things don't go right on the injury front and in terms of some guys developing that may be a stretch but for right now we are undefeated so I am optimistic.

We won't be as terrible on paper as we were last year but we will still be terrible.

Hawkins left a roster full of guys who were mid-major level talents at best. Almost accross the board, with a few notable exceptions, compared to the teams we were playing we were smaller, weaker, slower, and less skilled. To me that qualifies as terrible. With two recruiting classes, only one which wasn't a rush job, the bulk of the roster is still those Hawkins guys.

What should change this year is another step towards the attitude and effort needed to compete. Changing attitudes takes time but I think Embree is doing it as fast as he can.

I am really hoping for a bowl game this year, even if it is an afterthought bowl it will be a step in the right direction. If things don't go right on the injury front and in terms of some guys developing that may be a stretch but for right now we are undefeated so I am optimistic.
:sad2:

If your definition of "terrible" is a low level bowl game then I'm with ya. We will be young, especially on the defensive front but we will have players that belong at this level on the roster, although they will be freshman. There will be some growing pains but 6-6 is not out of the question and that would do wonders for this program and recruiting.

If your definition of "terrible" is a low level bowl game then I'm with ya. We will be young, especially on the defensive front but we will have players that belong at this level on the roster, although they will be freshman. There will be some growing pains but 6-6 is not out of the question and that would do wonders for this program and recruiting.

If the chips fall right I think a low level bowl game is possible. The schedule is nothing like last years and the coaches will have had a full year to implement their system. The talent level overall is slowly rising. On the other hand we are painfully thin at a lot of spots and will be relying on a lot of young players. Get some key injuries or some bad breaks to disrupt momentum and unfortunately 4-5 wins is also possible.

Either way I think we take a notable step forward this year. 6-6 and a bowl would do wonders both for recruiting and for buy in by the players of the coaching staff and their message. If a couple of the right opponents get those same bad breaks I mentioned we could even go 7-5 but I wouldn't bet a cold beer on it.

Are the Buffs this low? Is 6-6 a good season?

trav_folsom6_800.jpg

I really have no expectations for this season, other than seeing the establishment of an offensive identity. Tired of watching mediocre to bad offense year after year.

I am going to enjoy watching young players develop regardless.

I am scared of football season. We really can´t have another year of the **** we´ve been thru the past few years. We. Really. Can. Not.

It is going to be ugly....as predicted when doosh face was retained prior to his final year. Jon needs at least 3 seasons to fix what was completely ****ed up.

Back