What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now its time for football.

It is going to be ugly....as predicted when doosh face was retained prior to his final year. Jon needs at least 3 seasons to fix what was completely ****ed up.

I am worried its gunna be pretty bad again too. I just don't really see how we compete in the Pac 12 with what we've got on the team.

I am worried its gunna be pretty bad again too. I just don't really see how we compete in the Pac 12 with what we've got on the team.

I think we will compete better than last year but certain teams will simply run right past us.

What would you guys like CUnit to do at football games? Student attendance is usually pretty good at football games, as Bball has shown it just takes success to get the passion flowing.

I don't see next year being much different (record wise) than 2012 was. 6-6 would be a successful year, IMO. The more time passes, the more my distaste for Dan Hawkins grows. He ****ed us so hard and took millions of our dollars.

I'm not sure what my expectations are for this season, yet. We're going to have to rely on a lot of true freshman at key positions and that is rarely conducive to success. Connor Wood, for all his hype, will be getting his first taste of action this year. We have exactly one worthwhile WR at the moment. Our top TE is a converted DE. Most of our defensive line that will be playing this fall has not arrived on campus yet. Our best defender tore his ACL and we have seen how troublesome the recovery for those are. Parker Orms seems to be a pretty key player for our defense as well, but the kid is too small to remain healthy for too long seemingly. The OL can seemingly always be counted on to disappoint greatly.

On the other side of things, the schedule is much more favorable than last year. Connor Wood, while inexperienced, has more physical tools than anyone we've had in a long time. If he can grow quickly and find a couple of worthwhile teammates to catch some balls, he might be able to do some pretty awesome things. Our defense can't be much worse than it was last year. ST had better see some serious improvement or someone needs to lose their job. Some of the incoming true freshman are already at college level playing weight (Tupuo, Solis, etc.).

I'm not sure what my expectations are for this season, yet. We're going to have to rely on a lot of true freshman at key positions and that is rarely conducive to success. Connor Wood, for all his hype, will be getting his first taste of action this year. We have exactly one worthwhile WR at the moment. Our top TE is a converted DE. Most of our defensive line that will be playing this fall has not arrived on campus yet. Our best defender tore his ACL and we have seen how troublesome the recovery for those are. Parker Orms seems to be a pretty key player for our defense as well, but the kid is too small to remain healthy for too long seemingly. The OL can seemingly always be counted on to disappoint greatly.

On the other side of things, the schedule is much more favorable than last year. Connor Wood, while inexperienced, has more physical tools than anyone we've had in a long time. If he can grow quickly and find a couple of worthwhile teammates to catch some balls, he might be able to do some pretty awesome things. Our defense can't be much worse than it was last year. ST had better see some serious improvement or someone needs to lose their job. Some of the incoming true freshman are already at college level playing weight (Tupuo, Solis, etc.).

I think you pretty much nailed it, but i like McCullough at WR, too.

Good post, White Rabbit. Exactly why I do not have any expectations at this point, too many questions.

I liked Spruce as a recruit and am fond of the Thomas boys, but they've never played a college football game. There will be an adjustment period and it probably won't be pretty.

McCullough and Canty are decent players, not sure they can be more than that.

Colorado absolutely has to get off to a fast start next year to have any semblance of an improved season. 3-0 is a must, and very possible given the schedule. That will generate some positive momentum into conference play where all they need to do is win one more conference game than last year. Gonna be interesting.

It's going to be interesting to see what the defense can do having guys lining up at CB who are actually corners. We will still be very young but the talent in the defensive backfield will be a huge step up.

On offense a lot will depend on if we get the pre-injury PRich or the post-injury PRich. We have other recievers who are good enough to be effective - if they aren't counted on to be the primary playmaker - which PRich can be.

What would you guys like CUnit to do at football games? Student attendance is usually pretty good at football games, as Bball has shown it just takes success to get the passion flowing.

This is a great question. Football is a bit of a different animal in terms of organizing cheers and such. One thing I would absolutely like to see is a full student section at the beginning of games, instead of by the second quarter.

It is going to be ugly....as predicted when doosh face was retained prior to his final year. Jon needs at least 3 seasons to fix what was completely ****ed up.

sO, we can expect a winning season in 2013? It's amazing the excuses year after year with football. 6 straight losing seasons. Enough BS, no excuses not to have a winning season in 2012 and bowl game. We can't blame hawk every season until 2020. MAN THE **** UP CU

We can certainly blame Hawkins for leaving the program with little to no experience at QB or DL. No excuse there, just stating facts.

I have no idea if we can get to a bowl in 2012, but I am pretty certain the fanbase will expect Embree to take a sizable step forward in 2013 (8+ wins).

We can certainly blame Hawkins for leaving the program with little to no experience at QB or DL. No excuse there, just stating facts.

I have no idea if we can get to a bowl in 2012, but I am pretty certain the fanbase will expect Embree to take a sizable step forward in 2013.

We blamed slick, then hawkins. noone else to blame.

trav_folsom6_800.jpg

I really wish the AD would put it out there that they want everyone to wear that yellow you see in the student section there. It really stands out and would look great if you could get everyone to wear it to the games. With all this new PAC money they could even hand them out for free before the games and throw a sponser's name under the huge ralphie logo.

Nothing is worse than that horrible piss colored gold that they have been pushing the last few years and Black should be reserved for night games.

We blamed slick, then hawkins. noone else to blame.

We just went through one of the worst five-year stretches in program history. Isn't it possible that those five bad years might have a negative effect on the program for a couple seasons under the new coaching staff?

We just went through one of the worst five-year stretches in program history. Isn't it possible that those five bad years might have a negative effect on the program for a couple seasons under the new coaching staff?

not at all. in skyos world view. and its laughable.

I don't expect a lot next year, other than an ass-whupping of CSU. 2013 better be pretty good, though.

This is a great question. Football is a bit of a different animal in terms of organizing cheers and such. One thing I would absolutely like to see is a full student section at the beginning of games, instead of by the second quarter.

Yes and CU won't allow a megaphone or a microphone for some reason.

So, 5 bad years we can't expect 1 good year out of the ordinary? So we have to suck ass for another 2-3 years before before any buff fan can expect a 7-5 season? Are you ****ING kidding me?

So when can the buff faithful expect a bowl game. 2017?

Boy, you sure have faith in CU, keep blaming hawk and before you die, maybe cu can scratch out a 7-5 season.

Good lord, expect better than this BS for once!!!!!!!!

No comment on the misspell? Skyos?

So, 5 bad years we can't expect 1 good year out of the ordinary? So we have to suck ass for another 2-3 years before before any buff fan can expect a 7-5 season? Are you ****ING kidding me?

So when can the buff faithful expect a bowl game. 2017?

I understand why Buffs fans hate the "wait 'til next year" mantra. I understand Buffs fans became really tired of hearing "we're young" every year under Hawkins. In the context of 2012, however, it fits. I really have never seen a team so devoid of upperclassmen contributors. That does not mean I think the 2012 season is without hope because I can see us getting to 5 wins with a decent shot at a 6th.

2013 needs to be/should be a season with at least 8 wins. We'll be experienced and should have some depth at most positions as well. Plus the PAC-12 South should be up for grabs after USC loses Barkley and Woods. I think it is very reasonable to expect a good to very good season in 2013. There should be no excuses.

I honestly have no idea what to expect for this season. How could anyone? There are so many question marks.

I understand why Buffs fans hate the "wait 'til next year" mantra. I understand Buffs fans became really tired of hearing "we're young" every year under Hawkins. In the context of 2012, however, it fits. I really have never seen a team so devoid of upperclassmen contributors. That does not mean I think the 2012 season is without hope because I can see us getting to 5 wins with a decent shot at a 6th.

2013 needs to be/should be a season with at least 8 wins. We'll be experienced and should have some depth at most positions as well. Plus the PAC-12 South should be up for grabs after USC loses Barkley and Woods. I think it is very reasonable to expect a good to very good season in 2013. There should be no excuses.

I honestly have no idea what to expect for this season. How could anyone? There are so many question marks.
And the sanctions should start to affect the Condoms.

I understand your point but at some ppoint cu has to have a winning season and get things turned around. 2012 with the weak OCS should give this team plenty of chances to go to a bowl game, improve recruiting and get things turned around.

I understand your point but at some ppoint cu has to have a winning season and get things turned around. 2012 with the weak OCS should give this team plenty of chances to go to a bowl game, improve recruiting and get things turned around.
The thing that irks me is the low expectations. This program will never rise to where we want it if we can't get and keep our expectations high.

Back