What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now that we're Pac 16, we need PODS and not DIVISIONS

Sportsfan101

I sure as hell hope CU plus AZ schools plus TX Tech should be in a pod. This will enable us to play each team in our pod every year, plus 2 teams from the 3 other pods. We get much more exposure in the West this way, and the roadtrips are better. Being stuck in a division with TX and OK makes me worried.

But perhaps I should take the night off worrying about these things and enjoy our membership in the Pac 16.:lol:

talk about out of the frying pan into the fire....OU, UT, in our division....wow

I think OU and UT will be put in different pods if that is the way it goes to spread the current power, I would rather be with OU and OSU and i guess Tech is the out cast? With the AZ schools with UT and aTm

I think OU and UT will be put in different pods if that is the way it goes to spread the current power, I would rather be with OU and OSU and i guess Tech is the out cast? With the AZ schools with UT and aTm

I think OU and UT will stay together. They have played every year for like 100 years straight.

it'll expose us for sure but I hope we are with them. In the end it will probably make us stronger. I worry that we will never have the campus administrative leadership again to back us being great once more.

I guess it might look like this;

East
pod a OU OSU UT TT plays pods b b c d
pod b AM CU AZ ASU plays pods a a c d

West
pod c UO OSU UW WSU plays pods d d a b
pod d Cal Stanford USC UCLA plays pods c c a b

I'd rather play UT every year in two divisions for recruiting purposes. In a POD with Az were not going to be in the big recruiting markets regularly enough.

Last edited:
IF this thing comes to be (not counting any chickens just yet) and IF pods are the organization the Conference uses to manage this thing then I recommend the...

Patchouli Pod. It would feature CU, Oregon, Cal and the University of California Santa Cruz Banana Slugs. Okay, I know that UCSC doesn't have a football team, and isn't a member of the Pac 10, but they fit the theme, so work with me.

It doesn't seem like there will be any pods. Still looking forward to seeing CU rep the "SWC-8" at the Pac-16 CCG.

What about non-hick vs hick?

Non-Hick:
USC,
UCLA,
UW,
CU,
UT,
Cal,
Stanford,
Oregon.

Hick:
Oklahoma,
Texas Tech,
Washington State,
Oklahoma State,
TA&M,
Arizona State,
Arizona,
Oregon State.

didn't they try pods in the old wac and that was one of the reason why the mountain west was started?

**** Pods, I say 9 conference games, 7 in your division, 2 outside. 3 nonconference.

What about non-hick vs hick?

Non-Hick:
USC,
UCLA,
UW,
CU,
UT,
Cal,
Stanford,
Oregon.

Hick:
Oklahoma,
Texas Tech,
Washington State,
Oklahoma State,
TA&M,
Arizona State,
Arizona,
Oregon State.
ASU doesn't fit neatly in that model. But overall that divisional plan demonstrates the change the Big XII teams would bring to the PAC 10, which was mostly "non-hick" historically.

ASU doesn't fit neatly in that model. But overall that divisional plan demonstrates the change the Big XII teams would bring to the PAC 10, which was mostly "non-hick" historically.

I knew ASU was a stretch, but they still are kinda hick-like down arizona way.

I don't really care for the Pods idea. I think the OU/OSU/UW/WSU group would be irate if their annual matchups with Cali and Texas teams were continously in doubt. That time of segregation killed the big 12 North as all the power was locked away in TX with them and Okie Schools being the benefactor of great recruits.

I like the way it's expected to roll out, with 2 8-team divisions and we're in the division with the Big 12 South schools plus AZ and ASU. That way it won't really feel like we're in a "Pacific coast" conference and instead it'll be like we're in a geographically "Southwestern" conference with only 2 games against the Cali/Oregon/Wash schools.

I like the way it's expected to roll out, with 2 8-team divisions and we're in the division with the Big 12 South schools plus AZ and ASU. That way it won't really feel like we're in a "Pacific coast" conference and instead it'll be like we're in a geographically "Southwestern" conference with only 2 games against the Cali/Oregon/Wash schools.

Meanwhile, we'll be in my wife's alma mater's pod (ASU) and it will likely be over a decade before she notices.

If they run the separate 8-team divisions, when would get to play in Cali, Oregon, and Washington?

If they run the separate 8-team divisions, when would get to play in Cali, Oregon, and Washington?

Well, if it ends up being a 9-game conference schedule (7 division games + 2 cross-division games) then we'd only play 1 road game in either Cali, Oregon, or Washington each year. So on average we'd play in the state of Oregon once every 4 years, once in the state of Washington every 4 years, and once in the state of California every 2 years.

Back