1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now the Fuskers know how it feels...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffedup, Sep 19, 2009.

1. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

They've been loving the fact that they beat us on a miracle and ripped our hearts out last year. Enjoy a taste of the same medicine fuskers, now you can sit and stew about a golden opportunity down the toilet. Got that top 20 ranked opponent streak going strong along with their sellouts.

CUBUFF80 likes this.
  2. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

:huh: i hate em like nothing other, but we really cant throw stones at this point. i would be thrilled if we hung with va tech on the road like that. god damnit this season sucks.

3. DTalkins

DTalkins Guest

47-18-2 You got us!!!! WTF is wrong with U - Oh yea the Infreiority complex.

4. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

Big 12 team loosing to a non-conference? Nothing to cheer about.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I think this says it all - you need hooked on phonics or something... :lol:

6. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

Meh, still plenty of season left and many more games to show what they have on the field. Not all that upset.

7. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

We all despise nebraska but how can cu fans talk smack to any fans? We haven't had a winning season the last 3 years. Amazing....

8. buffsyko

[​IMG]

9. BornRed

BornRed Member

I am with ya on this one.......I was friggen livid when we lost but then I was actually impressed with how our Defense is turning the corner (all but the bonehead play that O'Hanlon did). Like you stated, there's plenty of games to be played.

10. buffsyko

Take this crap to huskerpedia.

11. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

I always take some pleasure in the Fuskers losing.:smile2:

12. Spider

Spider Member

Comparisons to past games don't work well for me, especially in past seasons, etc.

There was a lot more wrong in yesterday's game than just the great pass allowed by Nebraska's safety. Lee went something like 11 - 30 in passing. Nebraska failed to score many times after long drives down field. We beat them handily in yardage and first downs but could not finish a drive with a touchdown.

That stuff reminds me of Callahan's era.

Meanwhile, the CU team worked out a nice win over Wyoming. Congratulations to all Buffs fans.

13. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

**** Nebraska, I'll talk **** about that program 365 24/7. Even if the buffs lost 500 straight games and Nebraska won 5 straight national titles, I'd still talk **** about them, **** them!:thumbsup:

14. Spider

Spider Member

:smile2: I wonder what all those asterisks stand for. I'll do a reload and see.. (hang on) .......

15. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

I was watching the game and the announcers were talking about Nebraska not doing something since 1997. What were they talking about?

16. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Dude chill. Have some class. We are 1-2 with our only win coming against Wyoming. We've lost to CSU at home and Toledo. Let me repeat that, we were embarassed at home by Colorado State, run over at Toledo and won ugly against WYOMING.

I love talking $hit to the corn too, and have rubbed losses in their face before, but this is not the time - they're ranked and lost a close game to a strong Virginia Tech team on the road. We would have lost that game by 50.

We've got a lot of issues and probably one of the weakest qb's in D1 - until we actually look respectable on the field and win against some quality opponents, I think it best not to laugh at the corn for losing by 1 on the road against a ranked opponent.

Coloradosker likes this.
  17. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

National Championship, probably.

2001 is the good one and the streak that was kept alive with the Virginia Tech miracle touchdown. Don't ever let a Nebraska fan try to tell you that 62-36 didn't break the back of that program. Not a single win against a Top 20 opponent since 2001 and the streak started that beautiful November day.:smile2:

18. Craven Creek

Craven Creek Member

Beating a ranked team on the road.:smile:

19. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Wow! I sense a still bitter Buff fan.

One main difference from the NU - CU game and the NU - V Tech game is that the Husker team has shown tremendous improvment and confidence going into the rest of the season, where "they themselves" expect to compete with defeat anyone they play.

I will take what comes with the V Tech loss because it has shown me as a football fan the Huskers are a serious contender in the B12 and more.

One elevator is going up and the other, well I'm not sure where it's going yet.

20. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

bit early to say your elevator is going up. No one is sure how good V tech is yet. Or your QB.

I would wait till you start playing your BigXII schedule and then you will find out a lot more.

And there is no question, our elevator is going down. Someone just hit the "stop" button for the next week :smile2:

21. Spider

Spider Member

It's impossible for a game to "break the back of a program." It can hurt a season's expectations at the very most. Nebraska's woes were in the works from the day Tom Osborne retired and trusted Frank Solich to just continue along as he (and his predecessor) had. Sometimes loyalty to a friend can come back to bite you bloody.

That win by CU is held high by CU fans long since for some reason. Whatever the reason is, and it's likely just the great feeling of a huge victory over a program that has stood out more than the others in this particular conference for a long time, it did not serve its most important potential purpose which could have been a springboard to championships for CU (via recruiting, etc).

That's one reason I see a few similarities between NU and CU's plight these days; the potential seems to be there in both programs. But the actuality of it seems over the horizon somewhere, but not in our grasp.

azbuff likes this.
  22. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

23. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

:confused: A defender hugged a VT WR on 3rd down the series before (no flag), then on 4th down a wide open WR dropped a ball right in his hands. Then the long completion after NU did nothing on offense. Your saving grace may eventually be the pass rush, but it wasn't enough against VT. Obvious improvement from Callahan days, but quite a ways to go in the secondary.

Who was that NU homer announcer? That was hard to listen to.

24. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

You nailed it!:lol::thumbsup:

25. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I think Nebraska knows how CU felt when CU lost to Georgia in 2006. None of their pain, short of the '83 Orange Bowl, can compare to Henerey's Miracle Kick.

26. Spider

Spider Member

Wow, deja vu. The last time I heard that was .. quite some time ago. As I recall it involved Singapore, a smokey bar, a lot of Jack Daniels, a dare, and a lady with a mustache.

:scared2:

27. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

What do you call CU winning the Big 12 the next week? And going on to win 4 of 5 North titles? I'd call that a springboard, even though we've since lost all of that momentum.

Nebraska was on quite a pedastal before that game, and haven't sniffed it since - as evidenced by the lack of any significant wins whatsoever.

28. Spider

Spider Member

If we start comparing "significant wins" and titles and "springboards," we'll end up talking about a lot more than one win by CU over NU and Nebraska's record since as compared to Colorado's.

29. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

All I know is that both programs have sucked eggs and has not been seriously in MNC talks since that year. That sucks for both of us, and takes alot of fun out of the games for me.

30. huskermike

huskermike Member

Not to flame . . . but the main difference between you losing to the Huskers last year and the Huskers losing to Virginia Tech this year is that you didn't dominate the Huskers for 59 minutes.

I tried to post the stats from both games but the formatting from ESPN got screwed up. Anyways, statistically (excepting the final score in BOTH games) the Huskers were the better team up and down the field.

That certainly doesn't make it sting any less . . . for either of us. :(

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009