What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now the Fuskers know how it feels...

All I know is that both programs have sucked eggs and has not been seriously in MNC talks since that year. That sucks for both of us, and takes alot of fun out of the games for me.

No ****! I would love for us to have a meaningful game every season again. It makes the game boring to a certain extent. :huh:

They've been loving the fact that they beat us on a miracle and ripped our hearts out last year. Enjoy a taste of the same medicine fuskers, now you can sit and stew about a golden opportunity down the toilet. Got that top 20 ranked opponent streak going strong along with their sellouts.

I remember all to well the games we lost to OU in the 70's damn that Sooner magic:sad1:

Very suprised at the cordial replies to this post. Much rep for most of you Buff fans. I felt for you guys on your first two losses this season and was one of the first husker fans to give congrats on the wyoniming win. We lost a tough one. It sucks.

Don't know what that has to do with our game against each other last year tho???

We always play one another tuff.

I wish CU better fortunes in weeks to come as I do with my skers. god knows we both need it.

:confused: A defender hugged a VT WR on 3rd down the series before (no flag), then on 4th down a wide open WR dropped a ball right in his hands. Then the long completion after NU did nothing on offense. Your saving grace may eventually be the pass rush, but it wasn't enough against VT. Obvious improvement from Callahan days, but quite a ways to go in the secondary.

Who was that NU homer announcer? That was hard to listen to.

Actually Bo stated that he did not have intentions to blitz Tyrod on a constant basis. The defense's main focus was to contain him, keep him from running, and force him to throw. Unfortunately for us, it worked for 59 minutes. The last minute is what bit us in the ass!

I didn't see the game, but I'm willing to bet you guys played some kinda conservative defense at the end.

Actually Bo stated that he did not have intentions to blitz Tyrod on a constant basis. The defense's main focus was to contain him, keep him from running, and force him to throw. Unfortunately for us, it worked for 59 minutes. The last minute is what bit us in the ass!

I only saw parts of the last couple of VT drives, switching back and forth to the CU game, but did catch the NU punt after having a first and goal. An NU buddy at work complained about the red zone offense, good rushing game to get there, then pass your way to fourth down and kick a field goal. True, you still almost won, but this wasn't just a last minute problem.

That was a huge bite. Probably didn't feel good either. I though NU had that game in the bag. It would have been a great road win. Like a said before, at least you guys lost to a good team. The corn is looking pretty good this year, and seem to be on the road back.

Hey, take it to netbuffs...oh wait...nevermind, take it to huskerpedia.

Yes, I know what you are thinking, take it to "netbuffs" the "real" football board on the World Wide Web.:lol: :lol: ................NOT! :rolleyes:

:bowdown::bowdown: ALLBUFFS!

I only saw parts of the last couple of VT drives, switching back and forth to the CU game, but did catch the NU punt after having a first and goal. An NU buddy at work complained about the red zone offense, good rushing game to get there, then pass your way to fourth down and kick a field goal. True, you still almost won, but this wasn't just a last minute problem.

Yeah, it was almost like they had Shawn Watson calling plays for them.:rolleyes:

I didn't see the game, but I'm willing to bet you guys played some kinda conservative defense at the end.

Actually we played the same defense we played most of the game and did not go to prevent. The problem was Virginia Tech on offense was inept most of the game so we stuck with what was working. Nebraska's game plan was to contain Taylor, keep him from making plays with his legs and dare him to pass. It worked most of the game because he never took a shot downfield.

The strategy of merely containing Taylor (and not going after him) is what killed us on the last drive though. On the long 81 yard pass play and the winning TD pass we gave Taylor all day to throw despite having D-Linemen who could have either sacked him or forced him to run. Suh was literally in his face ready to pounce on him during the long bomb and TD pass, but Suh hesitated using the same strategy from the rest of the game to just keep him from running.

It was a combination of Nebraska not being aggressive enough at the right time (with only a minute to play and 90 yards for a TD it is more important to sack Taylor, force him into a bad pass or force him to scramble) and Taylor making great throws. Taylor is not a great passing QB so we gambled that he would not make the throws. He did. I just wish Bo and company had told the D on that last drive to change the "contain Taylor" strategy because the only way VT could beat us is if we gave Tyrod enough time to make the throws and we did. We lost, we move on. I hope I did not come off like I am making excuses there were plenty of opportunities for us to win and we blew them all. VT did what they had to do to win.

Yeah this was far from a last minute problem. We really did dominate VT most of the game and had many, many chances to get far enough ahead that VT's last drive would have been meaningless.
As an example, Nebraska kicked-off at the beginning of the game and VT had a long return back to NU's 30 or so. They ended up scoring a TD. After VT forces NU to punt, NU then forced VT to punt and Niles Paul returned it 55 yards to the VT 22. NU ran 3 running plays and settled for a field goal. It was very conservative play-calling and I feel like it set the tone for our bad play in the red zone. It seemed like the coaches did not have confidence in our QB (evidenced by the running call on 3rd and 6...seemed like they were just playing for the field goal which was already well within Henery's range as you all know.)

NU out-played them all game but never put them away. Penalties and poor red zone offense all game killed us. We were o.k. on the turnovers though we did not lose the game with T.O.s

Those guys tell you like it is. I find them funny and have hung out with them on and off for 7 years.

Saying "Sal is Still Dead, Go Big Red" isn't "telling it like it is," its being a classless douche. How was that thread "funny?"

What is funny is that Nebraska fans still try to claim that they never said "Sal is Dead, Go Big Red," and yet its been 20 years and Nebraska fans are still saying it at every opportunity.

Saying "Sal is Still Dead, Go Big Red" isn't "telling it like it is," its being a classless douche. How was that thread "funny?"

What is funny is that Nebraska fans still try to claim that they never said "Sal is Dead, Go Big Red," and yet its been 20 years and Nebraska fans are still saying it at every opportunity.

These guys would be first to admit they said it at the beginning, but I'm sorry it's such a sore spot for you.

Hey, don't lump all of us together with a few doucebags that want to be disrespectful.

Hey Husker fans,

Do any of you have a link or picture as to what the throwback uniforms that will be worn this Saturday will look like? I've loked around and haven't seen anything tangible.

I'm sure everyone has seen that Hitler clip with different dubs. A Husker friend of mine sent me this link yesterday, which I thought was pretty funny. Though I never knew Hitler was a big NU fan, I'm not really surprised.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuGqPKP3xw"]YouTube - Hitler Reacts To Virginia Tech Beating Nebraska[/ame]

pretty simple. Doesn't look much different. Number on the helmet instead of the red N, and different number style.

They're also auctioning off all the uniforms worn by the players for the 300th sellout. This includes the helmet, jersey, and pants. Can't afford how high they are already at, but it's a cool idea. :thumbsup:

They're also auctioning off all the uniforms worn by the players for the 300th sellout. This includes the helmet, jersey, and pants. Can't afford how high they are already at, but it's a cool idea. :thumbsup:

Yeah...one is 1.5 grand.

**** ME!

Back