What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now What?

Last year was the first year since 1988 I did not attend a CU FB game live....I feel a new streak coming on.

Dude. Sailing? Really?

The only positive about bottoming out is showing us who the real fans are. I'll always bleed black & gold. Win or lose.
Yeah sailing. Man vs elements; it's a hell of a good time, and it's a hell of a lot more fun than watching ****ty football. I will even be flying my CU flag, but having to figure out how to be shoreside and near either a bar that can and will tune a tv to ****ty game no one cares about or a strong enough internet signal to stream the game means I have given up on a lot of really fantastic weekend cruising itineraries the past 8 years.

I don't want to make that sacrifice anymore. If that means some snotty nosed kid thinks I'm a bad fan, so be it. If it means I miss seeing the "signature win" live, that's ok. I will still make my donation to the AD every year. How many of your supposed "real fans" make that step? Writing that check to the AD is much more important than cheering a tv screen while wearing black and gold.

I was at the last new year's bowl game we played in, and I will be at the next one. We won't go from last to first in a day or a year. By the time we make a new year's bowl game again, I will have resumed watching several years prior, and it wouldn't surprise me if when I'm in the stands at that bowl game, you're at home watching with the other so called "real fans" that "bleed" black and gold, who still haven't bothered to make a donation, and aren't willing to make the tradeoffs necessary to travel to a real bowl game.

In the meantime, I'm going to start enjoying my weekends again.

*If you do actually donate to the AD, I sort of apologize, but I'm playing the numbers and the statistics say I'm probably right with my guess that you don't.

Yeah sailing. Man vs elements; it's a hell of a good time, and it's a hell of a lot more fun than watching ****ty football. I will even be flying my CU flag, but having to figure out how to be shoreside and near either a bar that can and will tune a tv to ****ty game no one cares about or a strong enough internet signal to stream the game means I have given up on a lot of really fantastic weekend cruising itineraries the past 8 years.

I don't want to make that sacrifice anymore. If that means some snotty nosed kid thinks I'm a bad fan, so be it. If it means I miss seeing the "signature win" live, that's ok. I will still make my donation to the AD every year. How many of your supposed "real fans" make that step? Writing that check to the AD is much more important than cheering a tv screen while wearing black and gold.

I was at the last new year's bowl game we played in, and I will be at the next one. We won't go from last to first in a day or a year. By the time we make a new year's bowl game again, I will have resumed watching several years prior, and it wouldn't surprise me if when I'm in the stands at that bowl game, you're at home watching with the other so called "real fans" that "bleed" black and gold, who still haven't bothered to make a donation, and aren't willing to make the tradeoffs necessary to travel to a real bowl game.

*If you do actually donate to the AD, I sort of apologize, but I'm playing the numbers and the statistics say I'm probably right with my guess that you don't.

You make the point. Those of us who are far away and still donate without any benefit regarding seating, etc. are making arguably the biggest sacrifice given the embarrassing product.

I hear this a lot here. Wealthier fans are better fans. Got it. I may not be able to cut big checks to the AD, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

Have fun on your sailboat. I'll be at the game.

Last edited:
This is stupid. I know we suck. Everyone does. If we back out now, then it will **** this program for a long time. RG is doing things I ( and many others here) thought to be impossible. I think we have no choice but to endure this and put our trust in Rick George.

In case you didn't notice, our program HAS been ****ed for a long time. So many here, myself included, are sick and tired of seeing this **** over and over and over. You know Einstein's definition of insanity? Time for something different.

In case you didn't notice, our program HAS been ****ed for a long time. So many here, myself included, are sick and tired of seeing this **** over and over and over. You know Einstein's definition of insanity? Time for something different.

I know I have a screw loose. I blame my pops. He brainwashed me to love the Buffs. Through thick and thin! Lol

I hear this a lot here. Wealthier fans are better fans. Got it. I may not be able to cut big checks to the AD, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

That's actually a good point.

It's one game I know, but the most discouraging thing is that CSU made us look soft. The play calling I thought was terrible. CSU had the better team all around. How did it come to this, I thought I would never say that. Hopefully this team can improve greatly over the next couple weeks or its going to be a murder show when the Pac 12 slate hits.

Sefo, Spruce and Fields looked good though.

Mac better light a fire under this Team asap...

Except he's getting zero from it because he lives two time zones away. Has nothing to do with being "better".

It's one game I know, but the most discouraging thing is that CSU made us look soft. The play calling I thought was terrible. CSU had the better team all around. How did it come to this, I thought I would never say that. Hopefully this team can improve greatly over the next couple weeks or its going to be a murder show when the Pac 12 slate hits.

Sefo, Spruce and Fields looked good though.

Mac better light a fire under this Team asap...

How is this any different than normal?

Can't believe I'm so ****ing stupid to continuously wear the same shirt on gameday that I bought in '06. We have zero chance of breaking this hex without this shirt being burned.

Only way to get better is from the top down. Also we can't be soft like we were tonight, that was the most disappointing thing to me. They didn't make us look soft, we were soft. Made some hard hits sure, but you play 4 quarters last I checked.

I used to run a 22' Catalina and a 32 Endeavor. Sailing is awesome. I pretty much sucked at it though but I could eventually get to point B.

Two things:

1) It looked like the defense was specifically and solely designed to fight the spread offense. We were quick and the secondary was good, but the hard nosed, run defense was totally weak. Despite this the D line couldn't get any pressure whatsoever so I'm not saying it is going to be good against the spread offenses, but I think we'll at least look better.

2) Gillam looks SKINNY as hell. He looks like safety. And as the game went on it became more and more apparent his arm was affecting him, and may have injured the other one, and perhaps even a knee. What the hell?!?

Two things:

1) It looked like the defense was specifically and solely designed to fight the spread offense. We were quick and the secondary was good, but the hard nosed, run defense was totally weak. Despite this the D line couldn't get any pressure whatsoever so I'm not saying it is going to be good against the spread offenses, but I think we'll at least look better.

2) Gillam looks SKINNY as hell. He looks like safety. And as the game went on it became more and more apparent his arm was affecting him, and may have injured the other one, and perhaps even a knee. What the hell?!?

I didn't see that at all. We didn't really get any pressure on them when they threw the ball. Our linemen didn't look fast, but overpowered, they looked small and slow.

I didn't see that at all. We didn't really get any pressure on them when they threw the ball. Our linemen didn't look fast, but overpowered, they looked small and slow.

hmm, that's what I saw. the holes closed up quickly and we had a hard time wrapping up their rush attack.

I'm just glad we're not playing stanford this year, not that it'll make a gigantic difference with the rest of the pac12

Spare me the horse **** trying to call members of the board out for not sticking with the team through "thick and thin." It is utter insanity that any of us have stuck around this long. I'm so tired of waking up on mornings like today and thinking, "nope, we really did lose to CSU last night" or "nope, we really did lose 69-14 to Fresno State last night" or "nope, you really did pay a couple hundred bucks to watch a quarter and a half of embarrassing football and you dragged your family through it too (at ASU last year)."

Spare me the horse **** trying to call members of the board out for not sticking with the team through "thick and thin." It is utter insanity that any of us have stuck around this long. I'm so tired of waking up on mornings like today and thinking, "nope, we really did lose to CSU last night" or "nope, we really did lose 69-14 to Fresno State last night" or "nope, you really did pay a couple hundred bucks to watch a quarter and a half of embarrassing football and you dragged your family through it too (at ASU last year)."

Yup... what went through my mind for this upcoming week to UMASS. Really makes me wonder why I am spending that kind of money to see this team. Sunk cost at this point, hopefully Boston will be fun.

Yup... what went through my mind for this upcoming week to UMASS. Really makes me wonder why I am spending that kind of money to see this team. Sunk cost at this point, hopefully Boston will be fun.
Same conversation I had with Ms. Rack last night. Just taking solace in knowing that we will be seeing friends we haven't seen in a while, take the kids to view some history on the Freedom Trail, tour the oldest commissioned shop in the Navy (where I'll be rung aboard) and check off a bucket list event in seeing a game at Fenway.
If we win, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Just hope there isn't some tall dude in front of us at the Sox game that would prevent us from catching a home run.

Same conversation I had with Ms. Rack last night. Just taking solace in knowing that we will be seeing friends we haven't seen in a while, take the kids to view some history on the Freedom Trail, tour the oldest commissioned shop in the Navy (where I'll be rung aboard) and check off a bucket list event in seeing a game at Fenway.
If we win, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Just hope there isn't some tall dude in front of us at the Sox game that would prevent us from catching a home run.
Hoping my son is the tall dude you speak of!!!

Back