What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Now what?

Reggie Turner and Elijah Rodriguez are probably the most likely imo. Turner only has offers from us and La Tech, so that should be in our favor and he said he'd be deciding this month or next. Rodriguez wants to decide by mid August and we're at the top of his list. Hopefully he makes his visit here or it could draw out.

Tre Hartley, David Williams, Jaisen Sanchez, Courtland Sutton, Dominique Barnett, Sam Bennion, and Alex Anderson are all guys that I'd say we'll likely get a commit from, but they are holding off until they take visits.

Donovan Lee doesn't really have a timetable. He hasn't picked up other P12 offers so far, so he could pop.

Seeing as how we're now taking 22, I think we need to throw out some more offers, but that might wait until the fall season starts.

I'm not sure which kids actually can commit if they try to do so.

I think that we'll see a few commits during unofficial visits to our fall practices.

There are definitely some guys like Dickerson, Lee and Anderson that they'd take a commitment from today. Probably a number of others.

I'm hoping that they save some for December & January, though. There are always guys available late that are high BCS caliber but have limited options that pretty much guarantee getting an official visit. And if you can get a kid on campus in Boulder, the odds are always good for getting a signature.

For basketball, I think Tad had a perfect score on OVs last year.

We probably take a 2nd TE now and likely 2 WR's. That comment of 22 is making more sense now.

So now that we are into fall camp a bit, if the 22 holds, I think it starts to break down like this:

QB-1 (Apsay)
RB-2
WR-2
TE-3 (Keeney, two more with the idea that one might move to OL or DL down the line)
OL-4 (Miller, another OT, two interior OL)
DL-4 (Lopez, Brown, one more DE)
LB-3 (Wantanabe, Gamboa, White)
DB-3 (Waz, a CB and a S)

So is WR. I guess we're probably pretty confident we'll get Hartley, but seems like we'd send out some more offers there.
I wonder if the staff is waiting on WR, till after the season, or till the season is halfway through? Meaning, the staff may have offered or after some players ,but know they can't get them without results. I have a feeling that this will be a pass happy, or pass friendly offense and the staff is waiting on some bigger recruits to show what they are about (obviously not hard to figure out). If CU has a decent season, in the passing game, I feel like the staff may show progress in this area. At least I hope. My kool-aid post of the month

I'm wondering if the staff is trying to find a JUCO WR to recruit. Someone that could come in as the same class as Nelson Spruce would fit nicely. Or the Texas transfer would work.

I don't see Enwere flipping simply because he got that Cal offer and jumped on it pretty quick. I just hope we can lock up Dotson.

The class is starting to take shape on defense. Lots of moving parts on offense though. I really think Donovan Lee should be getting a long look on offense. You put him there with a guy like Dotson (or dream scenario of Enwere) at RB and the skill positions look pretty good with 1-2 more pieces to add.

Are we thinking OL is becoming a much bigger need than originally thought?

I'm not. We don't so much have a numbers issue as a youth issue. If HCMM can somehow find a JUCO LT who is ready to come in and start, then I'm all for increasing the OL numbers in this class. But taking an extra frosh isn't going to change anything.

I'm not. We don't so much have a numbers issue as a youth issue. If HCMM can somehow find a JUCO LT who is ready to come in and start, then I'm all for increasing the OL numbers in this class. But taking an extra frosh isn't going to change anything.
Our LT prospects next year is scary

and usually OL juco guys would have the smarts to qualify here at CU

We now have 14 commits with somewhere between 6-8 scholarships left. (Actually closer to 13 since Bennion doesn't really count other than towards the overall # of 25)

QB - 1 (Apsay)
RB - 1 (Dotson) 1 more
WR - 0 (_____) 1-2 more
TE - 1 (Keeney) 1 more
OL - 2 (Miller and Rodriguez) 2 more
DE - 3 (Shaver, Brown, Bennion) 1 more
DT - 2 (Franke and Lopez)
LB - 2 (Watanabe and Gamboa) 1 more
DB - 2 (Waz & White) 2 more

Personally hoping we get:

-Darius Lee-Campbell WR/DB: I really like him as an athlete. I think he'd be a heck of a WR for us.
-Shay Fields WR: Really hoping we can sway him from Boise. The only knock on him is his size, but he's no DD Goodson.
-A TE: Not sure who, Bushman would be nice. Not convinced Hayden Jones can play TE in the P12.
-Isaiah Holland & Alex Anderson OG/OT: Would make a nice OL class.
-Terran Hasselbach DE/OLB: would give us a big time pass rushing threat.
-Sidney Jones CB: Solid looking corner, could also play WR.
-Donovan Lee RB/WR: Lee, Fields, Lee-Campbell, and Dotson would give us a nice boost of speed at the skill positions.
-Glen Ihenacho S: Almost forgot him. Would come in and maybe even start from day one.

Last edited:
We now have 14 commits with somewhere between 6-8 scholarships left. (Actually closer to 13 since Bennion doesn't really count other than towards the overall # of 25)

QB - 1 (Apsay)
RB - 1 (Dotson) 1 more
WR - 0 (_____) 1-2 more
TE - 1 (Keeney) 1 more
OL - 2 (Miller and Rodriguez) 2 more
DE - 3 (Shaver, Brown, Bennion) 1 more
DT - 2 (Franke and Lopez)
LB - 2 (Watanabe and Gamboa) 1 more
DB - 2 (Waz & White) 2 more

Personally hoping we get:

-Darius Lee-Campbell WR/DB: I really like him as an athlete. I think he'd be a heck of a WR for us.
-Shay Fields WR: Really hoping we can sway him from Boise. The only knock on him is his size, but he's no DD Goodson.
-A TE: Not sure who, Bushman would be nice. Not convinced Hayden Jones can play TE in the P12.
-Isaiah Holland & Alex Anderson OG/OT: Would make a nice OL class.
-Terran Hasselbach DE/OLB: would give us a big time pass rushing threat.
-Sidney Jones CB: Solid looking corner, could also play WR.
-Donovan Lee RB/WR: Lee, Fields, Lee-Campbell, and Dotson would give us a nice boost of speed at the skill positions.
-Glen Ihenacho S: Almost forgot him. Would come in and maybe even start from day one.

I would trade virtually anyone on your wish list for Ballage.

About to enter July and we just nabbed our fifth commitment. MacIntyre has floated 16-18 as the number of scholarship players we will be taking in this class. How do the numbers break down IYO? Mine:

QB-1 (Apsay)
RB-2
WR-1
TE-1
OL-4 (Miller, 1 more OT, two interior OL)
DL-3 (2 DEs, 1 DT)
LB-3 (Wantanabe, Gamboa, 1 OLB)
DB-3 (Waz, 1 CB, 1 S)

Could see us taking four DBs and one less OL though.
Kicker - check / Diego

Back