What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NU Press Conference at 930 cst. Watson next NU HC?

Pelini is a GREAT DC, he can put a defense together like nobody's business. But let's face it, he's been on that 'up and coming' list for the last 6 or 7 years and no HC opportunities. There's a reason he's not a HC yet. He could turn out to be a great HC, or he could turn out to be the next Norv Turner LOL

I think DC's are just less exciting hires than OCs. Chizik was pretty much recognized as the best DC in the nation while at Texas and Auburn, but the guy didn't get a chance all that time until last season and went to ISU:huh:. The fact that Pelini ihas not been hired yet shouldn't be a red flag, imo.

I just want to ask why CU fans don't like Watson? I like the guy. I don't want to see the guy as head coach, but i would like to see him retained in some sort.:thumbsup:

because when CU had zero talent on offense, Watson took all the blame.

I like Watson a lot. He is a good man, and an underappreciated coach. If NU was to hire Pelini and he retained Watson as OC, I think they could be good quickly. There was certainly nothing wrong with NU's offense this year. Imagine how frustrating it must have been for those guys knowing no matter how productive they were, that ****ty D would give it right back. But they kept playing with intensity. Shouldn't Watson get some of the credit for that?

Pelini showed he could fix a D in a hurry in his first stint at NU. With some continuity on offense, why couldn't they be competitive next year?

Back