What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nubs vs Badgers - first Big 10 game for the corn.

To be fair, I think Notre Dame was pretty mediocre then

They've been mediocre for 20 years! But yes, research shows the pic is from 2000, and this was the second game of the season. Notre Dame had gone 5-7 in '99, but they were 1-0 in September coming off a win over Texas A&M on their way to a 9-2 regular season + Fiesta Bowl.

I hope UW wins this game, because kNU winning may mean they go to the B1G title game and win it. And that would suck.

BUT, I hope to hell the Badgers don't win the MNC, because my Wisconsinite in-laws are already insufferable enough with the goddam Packers winning the Super Bowl. If they were able to celebrate a Badger title too, I'd probably need to ignore them for a year at least, which will most likely strain my marriage.

I hope UW wins this game, because kNU winning may mean they go to the B1G title game and win it. And that would suck.

BUT, I hope to hell the Badgers don't win the MNC, because my Wisconsinite in-laws are already insufferable enough with the goddam Packers winning the Super Bowl. If they were able to celebrate a Badger title too, I'd probably need to ignore them for a year at least, which, in hindsight, is what I do anyway. Never mind.

Fixed it.

I still think they get at least 15k in there. Remember what they did at Notre Dame about 10 years ago?

15k in a 100k seat stadium won't seem like much. I don't think it'll change the atmosphere all that much.

Put me down for 38-21 Badgers.

15k in a 100k seat stadium won't seem like much. I don't think it'll change the atmosphere all that much.

Put me down for 38-21 Badgers.
Probably be more like 20-22K NU fans, just depends how many bought the $1000 ticket. I know a lot of UW fans aren't going because $1000/ticket is way too steep. One thing I am envious of NU is there fan support.

Probably be more like 20-22K NU fans, just depends how many bought the $1000 ticket. I know a lot of UW fans aren't going because $1000/ticket is way too steep. One thing I am envious of NU is there fan support.

**** that. I am not envious of any situation that requires me to pay $1000 a ticket to see a game. Road trips are expensive enough. I'm still smarting from that Ohio State bill.

**** that. I am not envious of any situation that requires me to pay $1000 a ticket to see a game. Road trips are expensive enough. I'm still smarting from that Ohio State bill.
So you are not envious of yourself?

Well I'm pretty damn envious of their ability to sell their stadium every Saturday since 1961 and their fan support.

They live in Nebraska. What else are they gonna do? Go eat Corn?
Meh hunting, fishing, boating, etc are all things to do there. I dislike NU as much as the next CU fan but you have to admit, there fan support is impressive.

getting real tired of the "what else do they have to do" argument. i wish we had a fan base that would attend games instead of hiking up a ****ing mountain that will be there the day after.

getting real tired of the "what else do they have to do" argument. i wish we had a fan base that would attend games instead of hiking up a ****ing mountain that will be there the day after.

But, but we have the Broncos and the Rockies the day after. That's another reason why NU sells out so well, no pro teams to compete with for attendance.

Back