What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nuckols

I'm with SYKO on this one...mainly because I don't want him mad at me too.:smile2:

I'm with SYKO on this one...mainly because I don't want him mad at me too.:smile2:

I'm mad at the situation, not any one person. Well, the ncaa clearinghouse is $*** to me right now but other than that, just the situation CU keeps finding itself in.

Classic Syko rant.. :smile2:

And I agree with you.. :thumbsup:

So to the recruiting experts out there, let's chop down our recruiting rankings without these players, what kind of class do we have now?

I'm mad at the situation, not any one person. Well, the ncaa clearinghouse is $*** to me right now but other than that, just the situation CU keeps finding itself in.

I agree, I was just joking around. One day CU will have a recruiting cycle that isn't fouled up by the NCAA clearing****house or the admissions dept. I just hope I'm alive to see it....:huh:

These guys would have no problem getting in at any other big 12 school but oh no, not CU, WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS CRAP OVER AND OVER.

For those of you who think it's no big deal, we aren't texas or OU. CU must have EVERYBODY ready to go, we can't afford losing talent like this.

You people rag me for complaining about the DL all the time, come see me when we are getting pushed around up front .....

Tired of this effing BS year after year.!!!!!!!!!:sad2:

Is this the same nutjob that GTB used to call the "Groundpounder" and "Ka- Boom" over at NetBuffs? Glad to see he hasn't changed a bit, still irrational and a "win-at-any-cost" kinda guy!

Hey! Ka-Boom, maybe they'll let you hold a seminar in college admissions! Ever think that Nuckols messed up and wouldn't be eligible anywhere?

Wait! Guess not---that's a rational thought!

I agree, I was just joking around. One day CU will have a recruiting cycle that isn't fouled up by the NCAA clearing****house or the admissions dept. I just hope I'm alive to see it....:huh:

Yep, this is frustrating. I want so bad for this program to get back on top again but if we keep losing guys like,maiava,katoa,tuioti,simon,nuckols etc... It won't happen. Need everyone on deck.

Is this the same nutjob that GTB used to call the "Groundpounder" and "Ka- Boom" over at NetBuffs? Glad to see he hasn't changed a bit, still irrational and a "win-at-any-cost" kinda guy!

Hey! Ka-Boom, maybe they'll let you hold a seminar in college admissions! Ever think that Nuckols messed up and wouldn't be eligible anywhere?

Wait! Guess not---that's a rational thought!

Win at any cost? CU isn't winning genius, or have you not seen CU over the past 3 years? Cu needs to be on level par with everyone else. Is that too much for your elitist ego? You want an academic challenge team instead? :lol:

No, the only nutjobs are the ones that actually post at Netlosers..:thumbsup:

Yep, this is frustrating. I want so bad for this program to get back on top again but if we keep losing guys like,maiava,katoa,tuioti,simon,nuckols etc... It won't happen. Need everyone on deck.

I think Katoa doesn't really belong on this list. He didn't even seem to try.

Classic Syko rant.. :smile2:

And I agree with you.. :thumbsup:

So to the recruiting experts out there, let's chop down our recruiting rankings without these players, what kind of class do we have now?

It slides. Some to do with losing Nuckols (4*), but mostly due to it only being 16 players. However, Simon should be here eventually and Moten could be ready to go this Fall for all we know. And Nuckols could be here next January. It might end up we just get them all a bit later.

It slides. Some to do with losing Nuckols (4*), but mostly due to it only being 16 players. However, Simon should be here eventually and Moten could be ready to go this Fall for all we know. And Nuckols could be here next January. It might end up we just get them all a bit later.

We hope - but there isn't a strong history in that regard :huh:

According to Sporting News preview, Nuckols was one of our top recruits.. I believe they use rivals as their source.. Let's hope he grayshirts..

I was looking at our roster/depth chart, and it looks really young right now.. How many ships will we have for 2010?

According to Sporting News preview, Nuckols was one of our top recruits.. I believe they use rivals as their source.. Let's hope he grayshirts..

I was looking at our roster/depth chart, and it looks really young right now.. How many ships will we have for 2010?

I would guess we sign 21-22.

Yea, like syko, I don't understand how this keeps happening. It seems like every summer there is a guy who needs to take additional classes after his hs graduation (Darrell Scott last year). Is it that tough to look at a player's transcript and let them know which classes are needed to not only get through CU admissions, but the NCAA clearinghouse as well?

Maybe these guys are flunking classes in the spring and have to retake them, but it sounded like Nuckols finished strong.

Last year we lost Tau, Faatagi, Simas, Maiava and Iltis (for various reasons) before the season started. Now, this year we have lost Ballenger, Katoa, Wallace, Blackmon, Smith, Nuckols, MTM, Simon and possibly Moten and we aren't even to fall camp yet. No wonder why our depth is hurting every year.

Last edited:
Admittedly no. If not, that 2010 class that everyone was worried was going to be small might just be about normal size.

Here is what upsets me, Hawkins did not fill up the last class, now with all of the attrition it looks like CU could be down as many as 10 scholarship players in the fall. With all the complaining about being young and lack of depth, this is the exact situation that causes that. Almost all schools over sign by one or two knowing that you are always going to have some attrition.

Here is what upsets me, Hawkins did not fill up the last class, now with all of the attrition it looks like CU could be down as many as 10 scholarship players in the fall. With all the complaining about being young and lack of depth, this is the exact situation that causes that. Almost all schools over sign by one or two knowing that you are always going to have some attrition.

I agree. We should be signing a full class for 2010 and figure out the logistics later.

Last year we lost Tau, Faatagi, Simas, Maiava and Iltis (for various reasons) before the season started. Now, this year we have lost Ballenger, Katoa, Wallace, Blackmon, Smith, Nuckols, MTM, Simon and possibly Moten and we aren't even to fall camp yet. No wonder why our depth is hurting every year.

Don't forget Devin Head plus we undersigned the recruiting class...anyone know how many will be on scholarship in the fall (assuming no more attrition).

At least it allows us to get another kicker on scholarship. Any walkons available?

Don't forget Devin Head plus we undersigned the recruiting class...anyone know how many will be on scholarship in the fall (assuming no more attrition).

I scanned the roster and came up with 75 (assuming Moten gets squared away).

Agree.. Especially with all the talk he made when he got here that there was no depth.. (which I agreed with).. Now he's in his fourth year and we still have the same problem. :bang:

wipeout1.jpg

Still on probation and can only sign 24 regardless. Add a small senior class, think we lose 12 scholarship SRs.

At last count we were looking at a class around 18-20. Probably have room for a few more, but don't look for 24.

Nuckols still might enroll in January if he has gets it done. He and Simon will both count towards last years class regardless.

... And the youth/depth issue continues to set itself up for a featured role in our team now and in the future.

Sign more kickers!!!!! :thumbsup:

We have more scholarship kickers than QB's...

Back