What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

O finds out today

CU:
scholarships lost: 3 (one per year for 3 years)
probation length in years: 2
fine: $100,000

Oregon:
scholarships lost: 3 (one per year for 3 years)
probation length in years: 3
fine: $0

It makes me so happy to know that the people who made the decision to self-penalize on the training table issue are now heading the search for a new AD. We couldn't be in better hands....

It may actually be worse, because for the vast majority of their history UW has been a far better program, and they've had to watch Oregon rise to be considered a top national name during one of their worst stretches ever. Its not quite as bad as it would be for us if we were in our current state and CSU was somehow a Top 5 program, but it may be close.

Yeah, and I think there's an old money vs. new money dynamic. They feel like Oregon doesn't deserve this success and basically won the lottery with Phil Knight and they have to be cheating somehow.

as expected... the ncaa has no balls. Oh yea, it's all about the $, I keep forgetting

the lesson is quite clear. cheat. cheat to win. don't hesitate. cheat. cheat. cheat. do whatever it takes to become a marquee team so that you are then above the law. look at what's going on in the sec right now. ole miss is following this model.

cheat until you become a tv and media favorite and then enjoy the benefits and privileges.

cheat.

thanks to the ncaa for confirming a long held belief--- cheating is not just condoned; it is encouraged.

I have been saying this for years. Cheat so damn much that the SEC and former SWC schools will look at Colorado and think 'Now theres some cheatin' bastards right there'. Friggin buy off the refs for all I care.

Even if only we cheat a little bit, we'll get the death penalty. It's our lot in life to get screwed.

I have been saying this for years. Cheat so damn much that the SEC and former SWC schools will look at Colorado and think 'Now theirs some people that take there football serious'. Friggin buy off the refs for all I care.

fify

Anyone else wish we would dump Nike ? I hate having anything to do with Phil Knight/Oregon. Switch to Under Armour already.

the lesson is quite clear. cheat. cheat to win. don't hesitate. cheat. cheat. cheat. do whatever it takes to become a marquee team so that you are then above the law. look at what's going on in the sec right now. ole miss is following this model.

cheat until you become a tv and media favorite and then enjoy the benefits and privileges.

cheat.

thanks to the ncaa for confirming a long held belief--- cheating is not just condoned; it is encouraged.

Not true. If CU had done what CU had, it would have been a 'lack of institutional control' and we would have lost 5 schollies for five years, a five year postseason ban, no tv, and millions of dollars in fines. All the NCAA has proven is they wont hammer the big dogs, and they will make examples of the lising smaller schools. We self reported a minor thing. Oregon tried to cover up blatent cheating. Almost same punishment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Not true. If CU had done what CU had, it would have been a 'lack of institutional control' and we would have lost 5 schollies for five years, a five year postseason ban, no tv, and millions of dollars in fines. All the NCAA has proven is they wont hammer the big dogs, and they will make examples of the lising smaller schools. We self reported a minor thing. Oregon tried to cover up blatent cheating. Almost same punishment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, how I miss the days when a postseason ban was a punishment that meant something to us.... :cry:

I don't care a lick who makes our uniforms.
Boobie Miles: Where's your girlfriend at, Water Bug?
Chris Comer: What?
Boobie Miles: You mean to say you have no girlfriend, Water Bug?
Permian Assistant Coach: 5 minutes, boys.
Boobie Miles: You want to know why you have no girlfriend, Water Bug?
Chris Comer: Why?
Boobie Miles: You got the wrong shoes, man!
[Comer looks at him confused]
Boobie Miles: You got on white Adidas! Dude, everyone knows that the shoes to wear is Nikes!
[Boobie pronounces them as Niks]
Boobie Miles: Adida can't hold a nickel next to Nike! Ask Ivory! Ask Preacher Man!
Ivory Christian: It don't matter what shoes you wear, Boobie.
Boobie Miles: C'mon, Preacher, bull****!
Ivory Christian: Don't matter, man.
Boobie Miles: You know God made black beautiful. God made Boobie beautiful, black and strong...
Don Billingsley: [to Chavez] His mouth is getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
Boobie Miles: ...And when Boobie knocks some punks out, Boobie is going to knock them out with black Nikes on his feet, now ain't that right?
Ivory Christian: I could knock you out in a pair of flip flops.
Boobie Miles: Yeah, well I'm going to knock them out with black Nikes on my feet. And I'm gonna smile when I do.

Boobie Miles: Where's your girlfriend at, Water Bug?
Chris Comer: What?
Boobie Miles: You mean to say you have no girlfriend, Water Bug?
Permian Assistant Coach: 5 minutes, boys.
Boobie Miles: You want to know why you have no girlfriend, Water Bug?
Chris Comer: Why?
Boobie Miles: You got the wrong shoes, man!
[Comer looks at him confused]
Boobie Miles: You got on white Adidas! Dude, everyone knows that the shoes to wear is Nikes!
[Boobie pronounces them as Niks]
Boobie Miles: Adida can't hold a nickel next to Nike! Ask Ivory! Ask Preacher Man!
Ivory Christian: It don't matter what shoes you wear, Boobie.
Boobie Miles: C'mon, Preacher, bull****!
Ivory Christian: Don't matter, man.
Boobie Miles: You know God made black beautiful. God made Boobie beautiful, black and strong...
Don Billingsley: [to Chavez] His mouth is getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
Boobie Miles: ...And when Boobie knocks some punks out, Boobie is going to knock them out with black Nikes on his feet, now ain't that right?
Ivory Christian: I could knock you out in a pair of flip flops.
Boobie Miles: Yeah, well I'm going to knock them out with black Nikes on my feet. And I'm gonna smile when I do.

Isn't Boobie Miles a trash man now...?

Anyone else wish we would dump Nike ? I hate having anything to do with Phil Knight/Oregon. Switch to Under Armour already.

And Coors for that matter. Can't tell you how many Coors Light ads sporting a big ducks zero I've seen in the PNW. Aside from naming our relatively crappy bball arena for mere pittance in comparison to the going rates in today's big-money college sports world, how much corporate financial support do they provide for CU athletics? Not a lot.

The lack of punishment coming down from the ncaa for Phil Knight's fightin' zeroes is appalling.

And Coors for that matter. Can't tell you how many Coors Light ads sporting a big ducks zero I've seen in the PNW. Aside from naming our relatively crappy bball arena for mere pittance in comparison to the going rates in today's big-money college sports world, how much corporate financial support do they provide for CU athletics? Not a lot.
There was a time when the Coors Family was the single biggest donor to CU athletics. I'm pretty sure they're still very involved.

I'm tired of hoping other schools crimes will somehow improve CU. We need to suck it up and figure out how to participate in big boy collegiate athletics.

I'm tired of hoping other schools crimes will somehow improve CU. We need to suck it up and figure out how to participate in big boy collegiate athletics.
unfortunate, but CU might have to resort to cheating

This post is a joke, right?

I have been hoping for that for awhile. I read that CU's contract with Nike runs through 2015-16 so we basically have three more seasons left with the current Nike contract.

USC is the only school to get absolutely hammered, but yet auburn, ohio state, oregon, all of the sec are able to do whatever the hell they want and get away with a minor slap on the wrist 5 years after the fact (when they've already had sustained success), or they get off because of a technicality in the investigation.

The Ohio State penalty last year might have cost them a National Championship.

The real interesting case coming up will be Miami. very likely that they are not just dirty, but really dirty all the way up to the school president. But the NCAA got more then a little ambitious in their investigation methods because they really don't have full investigative power (no subpoenas), so what happens now?

The Ohio State penalty last year might have cost them a National Championship.

The real interesting case coming up will be Miami. very likely that they are not just dirty, but really dirty all the way up to the school president. But the NCAA got more then a little ambitious in their investigation methods because they really don't have full investigative power (no subpoenas), so what happens now?
Very likely? It's an open secret that Miami has been the dirtiest program in all of college football since the '80's. Aside from all the booster violations, there is no way many of those kids go to class.

What do you guys think of Deunte Chatman from Summer Creek High School in houston,Texas class of 2015.He is 6'1 and 217lbs. and runs a 4.50 40 and lifts almost 400 lbs.Right now he plays running back for his team.He is rated #22 in the state of Texas for the class of 2015 according to LSR.According to signingday.com ,he is a 4-star recruit

What do you guys think of Deunte Chatman from Summer Creek High School in houston,Texas class of 2015.He is 6'1 and 217lbs. and runs a 4.50 40 and lifts almost 400 lbs.Right now he plays running back for his team.He is rated #22 in the state of Texas for the class of 2015 according to LSR.According to signingday.com ,he is a 4-star recruit

Sounds like an intriguing prospect. Do you have any links to highlights?

There was a time when the Coors Family was the single biggest donor to CU athletics. I'm pretty sure they're still very involved.
Did Coors really used to drive around and drop off cases to house with Coors banners? Don't remember where I heard this...

Back