What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

O-Line @ Elitch's

i got it the first time. i laughed.

:yeahthat: I thought it was hi-larious! :lol: :rofl2:

Is that Givens with his tongue out?? :cool:

Did the whole team go, or just the o-line? I'd think it would suck for Speedy, with all the "you must be this tall to ride this ride" signs and all..... :huh:

It could be worse:

hokieshi.jpg

:jawdrop: :wtf:

Liar!!! Tubing Boulder creek was awesome, if you asked nice, folks would toss spring rolls down to you from 1st Wok buffet right past the bridge...:smile2::smile2:

Haha 1st Wok. Is that place still there?

Yea I also like how it was nestled into an urban neighborhood, kind of like the old ballparks. I hate to see stuff like that go away. :sad1:

At least they kept some original structures around like the carousel and the theater, although last I heard the theater was just sitting there decaying and not being restored. It's too bad that places like Ebbets Field or Shibe Park have not even a trace of them left standing. I love what they did in Pittsburgh with keeping a portion of the original outfield wall and flagpole in place.

You might want to visit the old Lakeside while it's still there.
I read an article that said it's losing money and there's one family member, an elderly lady left, who said she'd keep it open as long as she could.
But still urban, and still has some great rides.
Not a six-flags place, definitely family-run.

Haha 1st Wok. Is that place still there?

it's long gone. that guy tried it a couple other locations and i heard he still has a delivery place. that location, the one with the outdoor terrace by the creek, was the La Estrellita relocation for a few years. but, they failed/moved on....and since it's been a rotating door of really bad/seemingly hopeless amateurish restaurant concepts none of which lasted more than 6 months i can remember. i think it's empty now.

that place is huge inside and out....and there's no parking. a terrible combination=way too big, no place to park. and that intersection (Arapahoe/B-Way) is a cluster-F. and it seems to have "the curse".

You might want to visit the old Lakeside while it's still there.
I read an article that said it's losing money and there's one family member, an elderly lady left, who said she'd keep it open as long as she could.
But still urban, and still has some great rides.
Not a six-flags place, definitely family-run.

Yea I've been to Lakeside a few times, we took the boys there when they were young. Not situated in a neighborhood like Elitch's was or quite as nice, but definitely has a long history. I hear they used to have stock car races at that tiny arena there on the Southwest side of the park many, many years ago.

Yea I've been to Lakeside a few times, we took the boys there when they were young. Not situated in a neighborhood like Elitch's was or quite as nice, but definitely has a long history. I hear they used to have stock car races at that tiny arena there on the Southwest side of the park many, many years ago.

Stock car races at Lakeside.

I painted a demo derby car for my friend's dad once. I remember it had no radiator or something, and he wanted "when you're hot, you're hot" painted on the hood.

it's long gone. that guy tried it a couple other locations and i heard he still has a delivery place. that location, the one with the outdoor terrace by the creek, was the La Estrellita relocation for a few years. but, they failed/moved on....and since it's been a rotating door of really bad/seemingly hopeless amateurish restaurant concepts none of which lasted more than 6 months i can remember. i think it's empty now.

that place is huge inside and out....and there's no parking. a terrible combination=way too big, no place to park. and that intersection (Arapahoe/B-Way) is a cluster-F. and it seems to have "the curse".

Dude, who would eat at 1st Wok when Mustard's is right across the street?! Mmmmm Jumbo Dog with cheese, grilled onions and brown mustard and cheese fries. Why didn't they just give Givens a charge account at Mustard's, he'd be 300+ now.

The building is shot to hell, that is why it is empty right now. Too expensive to fix it up methinks.

That being said, I have grand plans for that place when I win Powerball :thumbsup:

My memory of Lakeside is th carp.

carp! yeah! now I remember ... :doh:

Yeah, tossing popcorn and sometimes a lone stupid fish would rise above the others and be bounced on their open, gaping mouths ... creepy and fascinating. There were so many fishing angling for position, the fish on top literally couldn't find a place to get back into the water.

carp! yeah! now I remember ... :doh:

Yeah, tossing popcorn and sometimes a lone stupid fish would rise above the others and be bounced on their open, gaping mouths ... creepy and fascinating. There were so many fishing angling for position, the fish on top literally couldn't find a place to get back into the water.
A guy I know, once, threw them an M-80.

Do I know you?

:smile2:

I've razzed Alferd so much for his "vanilla" tendencies, he's now trying to cultivate an image as a fish-torturing tough-guy. Kinda like when Pat Boone started wearing leather pants.:smile:

Dude, who would eat at 1st Wok when Mustard's is right across the street?! QUOTE]

One Word: "five dollar volcanoes"

That and at least in the early 90s the abundant spread of Chinese-like delicacies was both good and good for you (if MSG is one of the 4 major food groups).

Dude, who would eat at 1st Wok when Mustard's is right across the street?! QUOTE]

One Word: "five dollar volcanoes"

That and at least in the early 90s the abundant spread of Chinese-like delicacies was both good and good for you (if MSG is one of the 4 major food groups).

When I was at BHS, 1st Wok (then puke) had an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet on Fridays. During football season our games were mostly on Friday night, so we would go over there and put it away since we wouldn't really eat again until after the game.

When I was at BHS, 1st Wok (then puke) had an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet on Fridays. During football season our games were mostly on Friday night, so we would go over there and put it away since we wouldn't really eat again until after the game.

yeah in 90 and 91 we'd go there at least once a week after morning workout to eat lunch. Consume mass quantities.

mmmmmmm....ginormous bowl of booze is good no matter who's air conditioning you drink it in.

K's china actually as arguably the best view from any rooftop bar in Boulder.

**** the air conditioning :smile2:

Damn Fla, needs to get you back to Boulder for a refresher :lol:

Damn Fla, needs to get you back to Boulder for a refresher :lol:

Truer words have not been typed on this board. I somewhat have the wife convinced that a 27 hour drive the week of thanksgiving was a good idea. She's a keeper.

I will get a full rundown on what is good now that Potters, Pearls, & Tulagi's are gone.

I somewhat blame(but also thank) the AD for scheduling games at FSU, Miami & Georgia.

anyway, back to the bowls of booze discussion.

I will get a full rundown on what is good now that Potters, Pearls, & Tulagi's are gone.

Nothing. :cry:

You & I were obviously there at the same time since those were 3 of my favorite bars in Boulder. The Walrus (bar, not the poster) is still around but even they have tried to go more upscale.

Nothing. :cry:

You & I were obviously there at the same time since those were 3 of my favorite bars in Boulder. The Walrus (bar, not the poster) is still around but even they have tried to go more upscale.

Through your use of the word "upscale", I'm sure folks figured out you weren't referring to the poster.:cool:

Truer words have not been typed on this board. I somewhat have the wife convinced that a 27 hour drive the week of thanksgiving was a good idea. She's a keeper.

I somewhat blame(but also thank) the AD for scheduling games at FSU, Miami & Georgia.

anyway, back to the bowls of booze discussion.

Keep hearing the Dark Horse is soon to fall, may become a parking lot.
That makes no sense to me, as it seems like the DH would be more profitable, but take it for what it is: a rumor.

I used to work door at potters in the summers. I saw the upscale walrus, and drank margs at the rio. At least the sink is still there. does the sundowner still exist? What about the west end tavern?

Back