1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obi - From Scout Team to Stardom

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I think Obi is going to be a freaking monster this year. I can't wait. We get 4 years of him terrorizing opposing QB's. Greatness.

3. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Good to see the press and can't wait for spring ball to see what he's got. I couldn't get a good feel during the Fall scrimmage so I am anxious to see what he learned throughout the fall.

Obi and Herrod are the two I am really rooting for:
    Obi - Because he spurned Georgia when he had a 4 star rating and kept his word for a long time. Can you imagine the pressure this kid felt from Georgia fans and his family? I hope it really works out for him and he is a stud for the Buffs.

Herrod - He is a quality person who has endured more hardship than most of us can even dream about. His story is inspiring with the achievement of play D1 football, but it will be that much greater when he sees success on the field for our Buffs.

Now let's see you both kick some a$$...

4. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

I see another T-shirt in the Making :thumbsup:

5. Dorn09

Dorn09 Well-Known Member

They need to watch out for Simas. This kid is going to be one of the great Colorado wide receivers when its all said and done.

6. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

He's not a ginger or an albino is he? Pulling a double meaning on Obi-Wan would be A+ material! :thumbsup:

7. BroncoBuff

BroncoBuff New Member

Anybody notice Mitch Mustaine was on that list too? If he beats out Mark Sanchez at USC- and he should, he started a year at Arkansas - maybe Sanchez leaves USC and signs up here for '09. How much eligibility would he have left?

*ANSWER* He was a RS Sophomore last year, so if he left USC quickly enough, he could play two years at CU ... 2009 and 2010. He was the #1 high school player in the nation three years ago, and I would dearly LOVE to poach him outta there for a couple good years in Boulder.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  8. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I doubt Hawk would touch Mark Sanchez even if he did have 2 years of eligibility left to play in 2009/2010. Mark had a brush in with the law and had sexual assault charges pressed against him that were later dropped. No way, given our "scandal." The Boulder/Denver media would be all over CU again.