What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

October 15 - Colorado @ Washington

UW offense is looking great, the D remains a mystery from week to week, its either spot on or just a total mess.

Its taken awhile for a lot of us UW fans to admit, but our QB is looking miles better than Locker his stats (yards, comp %, TDs) are better than anyone in the pac 12 (including Luck), Polk is Polk, WR core looks great and we have a monster freshman TE. This offense can play with any program in the country, but again the problem is our D, if it was half as good as our offense we would be a top 5 team I think.

Its taken awhile for a lot of us UW fans to admit, but our QB is looking miles better than Locker his stats (yards, comp %, TDs) are better than anyone in the pac 12 (including Luck), Polk is Polk, WR core looks great and we have a monster freshman TE. This offense can play with any program in the country, but again the problem is our D, if it was half as good as our offense we would be a top 5 team I think.
UW has been the surprise of the conference IMO. However, you saying that your offense can hang with anyone in the country is false. Florida, Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina among others would have a field day with UW's offense. No one in the Pac 12 has the speed to keep up with a SEC defense, it's just a different ballplayer down south and that's been shown by SEC's five national titles in a row.

Dawg Defense

DesertDawg pretty much nailed it, not sure what else of value I could add regarding the defense. RFR end Josh Shirley was in the Utah backfield quite a bit, but his youth caused him to take bad angles and just barely miss the QB about 4 or 5 times. He had 1 sack on Utah's first play of the game and could have had 4 or 5 if not for missing tackles in the backfield.

Quintin Richardson has good size but he is mentally not in the game right now and is a liability which is why soph Ducre seems to have replaced him at starting corner opposite Trufant.

Fellner and Glenn will split time at one safety spot with Sean Parker at the other. We are much better at run defense from the safeties than in coverage.

RFR Jamaal Kearse has replaced TFR John Timu (injury) for now, but they will probably split time this week against the Buffs. Cort Dennison is the leader on defense in the MLB spot and really the only guy with good experience in our entire LB group.

Your passing offense concerns me, even with Richardson out because EVERYONE has thrown for 300+ against us so far this year.

The line is -14.5 now, opened at -16.5

Not PR, but the basic 411 on the D is that nobody knows what to expect, it will go as the sophomores and freshman go in development. Three total starting seniors (Ta'Amu and Thompson on the DL and Dennison middle linebacker). Four if you count Richardson at corner although it looks like he just lost his starting job to a sophomore in Ducre.

Ta'Amu (senior) is considered our best DT but he broke his hand in preseason. He's just getting healthy, having played most of the season with a cast. He's not been dominant to this point. Tokolahi (junior) is a huge DT for us and just saw his first playing time at Utah after coming on late last season before breaking his ankle vs. WSU. His return is the biggest difference we'll see, but it's still a mystery how the line will perform with the shuffling that has occurred (Jamora our best DE was lost for the season in the Cal game). So now there are a couple of redshirt frosh and a true frosh in the mix as well.

Trufant is a pretty big player at corner and on special teams, but he is small. Dennison is a great middle linebacker, very football smart, but the other two backer's are freshman and and sophomore. Various youngsters have rotated and I don't know who will be starting vs. CU. The biggest thing with the D is half the starters are sophomores or freshman. Their improvement is what will make or break the Husky D this year. It's basically a bend don't break D. The red zone D is fantastic but they give up a lot between the 20s. The rush D is our strength, pass D is our weakness.

Might be going to the game, I hope the buffs don't get steamrolled. It's bad enough living out here surrounded by coug fans.

I freely admit I'm a UW homer and my comment could be off lol..... Just seeing how good they have been has been a huge shock!

I freely admit I'm a UW homer and my comment could be off lol..... Just seeing how good they have been has been a huge shock!
I just hope CU can be where UW is now in three years. Was it 2008 when UW went winless?

I haven't seen anything of Colorado this year, can you give me a break down of your team?

I haven't seen anything of Colorado this year, can you give me a break down of your team?
Good choice of words. I'll let one of the smart football guys tell you what's up. Generally speaking, we occasionally have decent passing games, and our D-line is supposed to be good, but I'm not so sure.

Well we lost at home to Washington State. Therefore, we're pretty god damn awful. We're a lot worse than that on the road too, so..

Its also refreshing to talk with nice fans from another team, man talking with Utah fans was ugly. Even after their loss, it was all about how they only lost because their QB got knocked out and Utah was still the better team but had a bad game.

Our secondary has been rittled with injuries and suspensions. We have a RB and WR playing corner. Our o line can pass block most of the time but can't seem to get any push on rushing plays. WR's have been solid but Richardson is out so that hurts. D line is solid but has a tendency to over pursue. Safeties are bad. We're also one of the most penalized teams in the country FWIW.

Well we lost at home to Washington State. Therefore, we're pretty god damn awful. We're a lot worse than that on the road too, so..

I have actually been hearing good things about Washington state this year, I don't think they are the terrible team that we have all grown used to lately (UW hasn't done much in recent history either).

I just hope CU can be where UW is now in three years. Was it 2008 when UW went winless?

Yes, Ty Willy's 4th year we went 0-12.

2008 - 0-12 - Ty Willy
2009 - 5-7 with upset of then #3 USC (Pete's last year) - Sark
2010 - 7-6 & Holiday Bowl win over Nebraska - Sark
2011 - 4-1 with a very good shot at another bowl this year. - Sark

We are not where we want to be and our defense is not exactly "good", but nobody can deny we are not far better off now than at any point under the Gilby or Ty regimes.

I have actually been hearing good things about Washington state this year, I don't think they are the terrible team that we have all grown used to lately (UW hasn't done much in recent history either).

They seem to be playing better, but they'll be lucky to beat OSU and get to the 4 win mark. Good for their standards I suppose..

How has your offensive line and your fast little RB been doing this year? Is the running game the strength of your offense with Richardson out?

How has your offensive line and your fast little RB been doing this year? Is the running game the strength of your offense with Richardson out?
What running game? Here is what you need to do to stop our offense: Stop the screen pass. Roughly half our yards come on some variation of that neat little play. If you do that, we have less than 100 total yards against the trees I think.

Is anyone going to the Hard Rock Cafe for the Alumni event friday evening? I will be flying into Seattle thursday for this game and some friends and I are probably going to be heading to this.

"... personal foul. First down, [Colorado's opponent]!"-ref

Game Time!!

Got my tickets!!!! The fam and I are going to be there to witness the road losing streak
broken :thumbsup: Last time I saw the Buffs play was when they were in Jacksonville
to play FSU (My son still cheers for the Buffs with the tomahawk chop):bang:

Got my tickets!!!! The fam and I are going to be there to witness the road losing streak
broken :thumbsup: Last time I saw the Buffs play was when they were in Jacksonville
to play FSU (My son still cheers for the Buffs with the tomahawk chop):bang:
Welcome! Rep to your kid making me laugh at 4:54am!

What are your honest opinions of the Buffs? I know you got killed by Furd, but they do that to most of us. You had very close games against Cal and Wazzu, so you guys are probably comparable to them. This leads me to think maybe the spread is a bit too high?

I think we have the edge, but I don't know that we win by 15+.

What are your honest opinions of the Buffs? I know you got killed by Furd, but they do that to most of us. You had very close games against Cal and Wazzu, so you guys are probably comparable to them. This leads me to think maybe the spread is a bit too high?

Let me make this clear: we are awful right now. You will win by 20. Don't even pretend that you don't see this as an automatic W, and thus why you're probably so psyched about it. Our one true elite offensive talent is out. Our OLine is terrible, we have no passing threat, we don't run the ball, all we do is throw little screens. On defense, our secondary is completely ravaged, we have one LB that doesn't become invisible, and while our DLine is our strong suit on D, they over-pursue constantly. In addition, our return game on special teams is literally the worst in the nation. We do have a decent field goal kicker, but even that has gone to **** the last two games. On top of all of this, we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties consistently. We're all excited about what we think Embree will be able to achieve here, but this is year one of a SERIOUS rebuilding process. We are at our complete low point right now. That's the brutal truth.

Only a few people on this site have any sort of optimism.

Cal and Wazzu were both home games. We put up a good fight at home, even though we're down. Needless to say, our results are far worse on the road. I'm humiliated to even tell you the exact date we last won a road game

Back