What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

October 15 - Colorado @ Washington

i don't remember Jim Lambright kicking a lot of ass either.

we're so glad to have you, BP, and all the internet sports smack cliches here with us tonight. bravo!

5-1, you guys are real contenders. let's say you beat us....you'll have 3 conference wins over teams with no conference wins so far. your schedule couldn't have been easier.

you beat a D-II team by 3, creamed by the same Nebraska team that was plungered by Wisconsin, you guys are headed for the BCS. Cal sucks. Utah is the other Pac team without a conf win.

you huskies are mos def on the rise....

Back off a little, Mick, and for Christ's sake show some respect. They've got a mid-season conference MVP on their hands.

This would be more fun if your team was any good . .. . but talking smack to fans of a terrible team isn't very entertaining.
Anyway, gotta go get some rest for a big day of tailgating+cheering on the dawgs tomorrow.
Enjoy being 1-5 losers

This would be more fun if your team was any good . .. . but talking smack to fans of a terrible team isn't very entertaining.
Anyway, gotta go get some rest for a big day of tailgating+cheering on the dawgs tomorrow.
Enjoy being 1-5 losers

why not just show us losers something and log off. instead of posting and hanging around...after you've told us you'r "outta here".

log off.

I'm continuing to think Colorado and Washington really are similar. Just read a couple of comments on an ESPN board where some Duck fans are quacking trash at UW. One UW fan points out that over the last 11 years they have had their worst run and Oregon has had their best...and Washington still has more Rose Bowl wins in that time span. Ouch! Washington fans, like us, also understand football wasn't invented at the same time as the abortion that is Nike Oregon uniforms.
According to Duck fans football did not exist until 1994 and it was of course invented in Eugene by Phil Knight.

I hope you have DVR so you can replay the beauty of Chris Polk running the ball up your tailpipe in real-time.

Does this make sense to anybody here?

Inferior under Hawkins yes. Were you alive the last time UW won an outright conference title? Guessing you weren't.

I chuckled at this trash talk, but I thought you proved yourself a worthy adversary in this thread, nice job.

Have you considered maybe switching allegiance to a Big XII team? You seem like the sort of fan that thrives in that conference. In fact, I'd venture to say that you're first Pac 12 asshole to wander our direction, so congratulations on that.

Best wishes for an injury free game tomorrow--I'm looking forward to it. Also, if you have a chance, go **** yourself.
Rep

"Dawgs"? Is Seattle redneck-chic now, or is this dude so oblivious to the college football traditions that he doesn't understand that the 'dawgs' have always been via the Georgia Bulldogs; and are so-named because of a regional southern drawl?

Or, maybe he's got himself a mancrush on Randy Jackson.
Head_Shoot_BW-Randy_Jackson.jpg

Either way......embarrassing.

Bleedpurple is sounding like a young Duck to me.

Hmmm....

The 'Dawgs have had more than their share of humble pie this past decade, and they don't have anything to boast about... yet. They are certainly on the rise, but is that really good enough?

I'm kind of surprised there have been so few "alleged" Husky fans on this site the past week...

"Dawgs"? Is Seattle redneck-chic now, or is this dude so oblivious to the college football traditions that he doesn't understand that the 'dawgs' have always been via the Georgia Bulldogs; and are so-named because of a regional southern drawl?

Or, maybe he's got himself a mancrush on Randy Jackson.
Head_Shoot_BW-Randy_Jackson.jpg

Either way......embarrassing.

Bleedpurple is sounding like a young Duck to me.

Hmmm....

The 'Dawgs have had more than their share of humble pie this past decade, and they don't have anything to boast about... yet. They are certainly on the rise, but is that really good enough?

I'm kind of surprised there have been so few "alleged" Husky fans on this site the past week...

Foot in mouth?:lol:

Nope. Been using the phrase for decades. It's hard to give up a decades-old habit, especially when there is no need to. Kind of like calling a Colorado fan a 'Buff fan I suppose:nod:

Not you. JPinCo, discussed the use of "Dawg", and then you popped on. You're a long-time Husky fan and respected member of Allbuffs with "Dawg" right in your name.

Did I ever say UW was any good the past decade? No... We were run into the ground by slick rick and Willingham was the nail in the coffin. I am talking about the game TOMORROW.
But like WSU fans, you know your team is inferior so the ONLY thing you can bring up is the past. Enjoy that. We'll be enjoying a 5-1 record tomorrow.

Check out Nostrodomus. BleedPurple puts the ass in ambassador of the puppies. It's so cute.

woke up a little while ago. Portland was great and Seattle has been fun. All the fans have been nice to us so far. We will head to Ivars and then the game shortly. I got a stadium tour yesterday and have a few pics that I will post when I get back next week. I have seen quite a few buffs fans around and we should expect around 3k at the game, maybe a bit more. I think we are one of the best traveling teams in the PAC:12.

woke up a little while ago. Portland was great and Seattle has been fun. All the fans have been nice to us so far. We will head to Ivars and then the game shortly. I got a stadium tour yesterday and have a few pics that I will post when I get back next week. I have seen quite a few buffs fans around and we should expect around 3k at the game, maybe a bit more. I think we are one of the best traveling teams in the PAC:12.

BAD....ASS. Hopefully we continue this (hopefully our team gets less sucky). I like the idea of being known as a team that has fans that travel.

BAD....ASS. Hopefully we continue this (hopefully our team gets less sucky). I like the idea of being known as a team that has fans that travel.

I hope it is not just because we are new guys so we are going all over the place. I think we are doing great for a one win team that hasn't won a road game in years.

I haven't been impressed with the opposing crowds at CU yet, but lets see what Oregon and USC bring into town.

No disrespect to you DD, but I'm from the South and it seems completely contrived for a pacific northwest fan to apply a southern accent to nickname an arctic breed of dog. UGA has been using that mascot for about a hundred years. I grew up around Georgia fans, and Husky = Dawg is weird. Additionally, Bleedpurple is a bag of mayonnaise.

Last edited:
Husky Dawgs

No disrespect to you DD, but I'm from the South and it seems completely contrived for a pacific northwest fan to apply a southern accent to nickname an arctic breed of dog. UGA has been using that mascot for about a hundred years. I grew up around Georgia fans, and Husky = Dawg is weird. Additionally, Bleedpurple is a bag of mayonnaise.

We are not applying a southern accent to it, for us "daWgs" sounds like "dogs". The W is there for "Washington" and it started in the 80's, and probably because of hip-hop culture exploding into the mainstream. We also throw up "the dubs", which is a W made with the fingers, been doing that for 30 years too.

"Dawgs" is our own tradition and has absolutely nothing to do with Georgia or southerners.

One of our most famous marketing posters from 1991 or 1992:
dawgfather.jpg

Throwin up the dubs (goes hand-in-hand with the 'dawgs' idea):
GYI0059027575_crop_450x500.jpg

126310540_extra_large.jpg

So in conclusion, dawgs is our own invention and has nothing to do with the south or some accent. And one of the main Husky forums and websites is www.DAWGman.com

On the West Coast, Dawgs = Washington Huskies.

Last edited:
I hope it is not just because we are new guys so we are going all over the place. I think we are doing great for a one win team that hasn't won a road game in years.

I haven't been impressed with the opposing crowds at CU yet, but lets see what Oregon and USC bring into town.

A lot of what Oregon "brings" is going to be local bandwagoners

Ah, so it's a heritage from the storied MC Hammer Era. Well then....my apologies. And by that, I mean condolences.

Being a southern hick isn't anything to be proud of :thumbsup:

Anyways, the game was a lot different than I was expecting. Obviously I am very happy, but I guess you guys were right with your predictions during the week. You guys have some talent but it's clear you lack depth right now. There is still a lot of football left to play, so good luck in your games the rest of the year.

Being a southern hick isn't anything to be proud of :thumbsup:

Anyways, the game was a lot different than I was expecting. Obviously I am very happy, but I guess you guys were right with your predictions during the week. You guys have some talent but it's clear you lack depth right now. There is still a lot of football left to play, so good luck in your games the rest of the year.
We were robbed. ****ing officiating!

Colorado has got to be the worst FBS team. Our offense scored on every possession in the 1st half.

Colorado has got to be the worst FBS team. Our offense scored on every possession in the 1st half.

Very gracious of you to stop by to mention that.

If you don't mind my saying, UDub fans have got to be the biggest dickheads in the Pac (aside from USC). Oregon fans are right about you guys.

**** off and I hope you enjoy Andrew Luck inserting his dick into UW and assaults you ******s.

Right, because two knuckleheads on this forum represent our entire fan base :lol:

And nobody in the PAC even come close to the douches at Oregon or Arizona.

Wow. I didn't expect (state of) Washington fans to be the most annoying and dickish in the Pac. **** you, clown.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Right, because two knuckleheads on this forum represent our entire fan base :lol:

And nobody in the PAC even come close to the douches at Oregon or Arizona.

Of course there are good fans and bad fans associated with any team. Amazingly Cal and Washington State only sent the good kind over, so maybe we were just get used to it.

I assure you that the Big XII provided pleny of asshole fans just like Washington, though the BleedPurple's post-game asshole is a new one on me. Normally everybody is friendly after the game.

Back