1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

October 1st (1.30pm-FCS Pacific) - Washington State @ Colorado - GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I'm suprised that some folks see this as a automatic W. I think Washington St. is going to be respectable this year. They have a good QB in Tuel, a decent WR squad. If they could make it work on the OL, they could give CU a decent game. I'm just happy this game is at Folsom.

Then again I thought Hawkins was a good coach so what do I know?! :thumbsup::lol::cry:

Pac-12 North preview: Washington State enters with hope for a change

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

They've won FIVE games in THREE years and TWO were against FCS teams. They ****ing suck.

3. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

If we can't win that one at home then I don't think we will beat anyone. Maybe CSewe.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

5. Quattro

Passing - 42nd - 239 YDs
    Rushing - 117th - 91 YDs
    Points For - 106th - 19.6 PPG
    Points Against - 110th - 35.8 PPG

6. Sexton Hardcastle

[h=1]Jeff Tuel 2010 Highlights[/h][video=youtube;yg74nl5oSLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg74nl5oSLo[/video]

7. Sexton Hardcastle

With our situation in the secondary, I'm worried.

8. Quattro

Here's for comparisons with CSWho:

Passing - 60th - 221.8 YPG
    Rushing - 103rd - 113.0 YPG
    Points For - 114th - 16.5 PPG
    Points Against - 104th - 34.7 PPG

They're not much better and this is the CSU team that failed to even get into the CU redzone against a Hawkins coached team. WSU gave up 51 SACKS last year, yeah 51! We beat Hawaii, Georgia, ISU, and KSU at home last year and should have beat Tech and Baylor. Are you trying to say that WSU, a team who has won FIVE games in THREE years is better than these teams?

9. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

As I've said before, they're 5-32 over the past 3 years with 2 of those wins against FCS. You don't just pull a 6 win season out of your ass after being that bad. Their talent level and depth are far below ours with the exception of Tuel, and that says something. If we lose to the Cougs at home, something is drastically wrong. Drastic improvement for them would be a 3 win season, they've been that bad.

10. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Boom goes the dynamite!

As bad as things have been under Hawkins, it seems like WSU has been worse at the same time...I honestly am having a hard time believing that WSU comes into Boulder and beats us.

And Vamos, you talk about Tuel throwing under 3,000 yards...believe it or not, Cody Hawkins did throw for just over 3,000 yards one season when he was the starter.

They open with Idaho State and that is a team UNC up in Greeley has DOMINATED since 2008. If WSU squeaks by that team, there's no way WSU wins another game this season. WSU has five road games in the Pac-12...Wulff is definetly coaching his last season and only the most optimistic hardcore Cougar fans believe they will have a winning season. Given how bad CU has been under Hawkins, I don't think WSU was any better as well.

And if we lose to WSU, I will start counting down towards basketball season.

11. Sexton Hardcastle

I'm aware of their past. This thread is not about their season, it's about the game on Oct 1st. CU cannot afford to be overconfident in any game. Especially this one.

KU was a really bad team last year, and yet they still managed to kick our asses. I like to think their talent level and depth was far below ours. We beat Georgia last year right? My point is anything can happen.

12. jahbrahakala

jahbrahakala New Member

Agree, Karstetter is a very good WR and the younger Marques Wilson a budding star.

I think the last two years were some young teams, they should be better. But defense looks to have some youth to work through.

By the same logic judging the Buffs by the last few years, yes you would expect Wazzou to stink, but so will the Buffs. So it could be a wash.

13. Quattro

KU won because Hawkins was a ****ing ****waffle disguised as a coach. We could have kneeled the ball every down and still won. We should have won that game 45-17 had it not been for that ****.

leftybuff and (deleted member) like this.
  14. CVilleBuff

I'm talking about Wazzu this year, not CU last year. Wazzu ****ing blows

ps, you know CU had a coaching change, right?

15. Sexton Hardcastle

Did BCS change handles or something?

16. Sexton Hardcastle

I'm aware.

17. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

This....Wazzu is terrible!

18. Quattro

Then what makes you so confident in WSU this year? A team like that doesn't go from two wins to six and winning on the road. Did you watch one of their games last year? It was painful to watch and they got kicked by SMU.

19. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

agreed with valdez. CU has no right to pencil in a win for ANY GAME. WSU is looking at this game as their best chance for a BCS win this season. Gotta be ready for a dog fight every week.

20. Unleash Hell

Wazzu is the worst BCS team the last 3 years. CU has a winning record at home the last 3 years. Saying Wazzu is gonna beat CU is like saying CU is gonna beat Oregon.

21. Sexton Hardcastle

All I'm saying is anything can happen on Saturday. I'm not saying this is a L for CU. I'm just saying we shouldn't be overconfident. Calm down little guy.

22. Sexton Hardcastle

Who said Wazzu was going to beat CU? I just said they could give us a decent game. :lol:

23. Unleash Hell

I don't think we need to worry about our guys being overconfident. If anything I wish they had some MORE confidence and swagger.

Oh and us fans can be as confident as we want.

24. CVilleBuff

Of course CU can't take anyone for granted. The Cougs will be better on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. They'll put up their points, but they're going to give up a ****load. There's a lot of ground to make up on D being -150 in ypg and allowing 35ppg.

25. Sexton Hardcastle

That comes with winning. Until they win they have nothing to be confident about. I'm sick of the CU Rap songs on YouTube while we're getting crucified on Saturdays. :lol:

26. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

We shouldnt be over confident against anybody. That said, the guys should be very confident in this game. We have the better squad imo and it is a home game. Im not saying it's an automatic mark it down W, but it damn well should be. Wazzu is horrible. We shouldnt only win that game but by alot.

27. Quattro

And look, there's 120 division one football teams. In terms of rushing, their is THREE teams worse than WSU. In terms of points for, their is sixteen teams that are worse. In terms of points against, their is TEN teams worse than WSU. CU is not one of them. Our guys won't be over confident and we won't lose this game. We have one of the better home/road splits in the country and have beaten much, much better teams at home than the worst BCS team in the country.

28. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

We are going to win this game. But some of you guys are starting to crack me up with the confidence.

29. Sexton Hardcastle

30. Sexton Hardcastle

I hope your right. :gobuffs: