What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

October 1st (1.30pm-FCS Pacific) - Washington State @ Colorado - GAME THREAD

I dont mean within CO, I mean CO supports CU less than just about every other state supports their flagship school.

I'm still a fan, always will be, but just I dont expect anything from the program anymore.
You really don't sound like a fan.

I don't know wtf was going on today, but it took forever to get in the stadium. I came in thru the main gates, and I have NEVER had to wait so long to get in.

I don't know wtf was going on today, but it took forever to get in the stadium. I came in thru the main gates, and I have NEVER had to wait so long to get in.
Yup. Was walking by the physics building 10 minutes after it started and the line was all the way out the street. Then stood for about 30 minutes in the student line.

Increased security due to terrorist threats ... possibly?

Try not waiting until the last minute to enter the stadium ... forego that last tailgate beer/cocktail and get there in time to see Ralphie's pre-game run ... and stop bitching.

I say this not as a personal attack on you specifically ... but as a former volunteer parking attendant for 10 years (1998-2007) whose job was greatly complicated by game attendees (both CU and opponents) who waited until the last minute to come from the Harvest House and other tailgate sites to actually enter the stadium.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice asshole.

Or, I could help Sacky break down his tailgate, then head over in what should be plenty of time, only to have some abnormally long line for no apparent reason.

That was a great turn out for the crowd on family weekend. But it didn't matter. That was the quietest I've heard Folsom in that close of a game. Pathetic. Also our students were quieter than the small WSU section.

That was a great turn out for the crowd on family weekend. But it didn't matter. That was the quietest I've heard Folsom in that close of a game. Pathetic. Also our students were quieter than the small WSU section.
Really? I didn't hear **** from the Wazzu section. Maybe that has something to do with being right in the middle of the student section but it seemed pretty loud to me. Not as loud as the Cal game though.

Really? I didn't hear **** from the Wazzu section. Maybe that has something to do with being right in the middle of the student section but it seemed pretty loud to me. Not as loud as the Cal game though.

They were really quiet. The loudest they got was when they were trying to do the wave. Wassu fans were not that loud either but that last drive we had they woke up.

They were really quiet. The loudest they got was when they were trying to do the wave. Wassu fans were not that loud either but that last drive we had they woke up.
The wave is so ****ing weak.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. You're both a ****** and fair weather fan.

Not a fair weather fan...will always be a fan no matter what. Just can't justify sending the wife and kid into exile every saturday the rest of this season while I watch our inevitable demise....for the 6th year in a row. You wouldn't know about having to make smart choices...and I'm not talking about whether or not to buy oxyclean or generic zit cream tini. Next year hope springs eternal.

Increased security due to terrorist threats ... possibly?

Try not waiting until the last minute to enter the stadium ... forego that last tailgate beer/cocktail and get there in time to see Ralphie's pre-game run ... and stop bitching.

So how come all these 80, 90, 100K seat stadiums around the rest of the country aren't having the same problem? Or a much worse one for that matter considering the size of the crowds?

If getting into the stadium is really a problem at CU, and I'm not saying it isn't, then that's a big problem they need to get fixed. It's not fair to the fans who are paying good money and get to the gates in plenty of time only to miss part of the game due to unnecessary delays. Maybe part of the problem is that the bulk of the people tend to enter from the SW, South, and SE side of the stadium? Since that's the natural flow of foot-traffic on campus, they therefore need to have more personnel working at that end of the stadium.

Not a fair weather fan...will always be a fan no matter what. Just can't justify sending the wife and kid into exile every saturday the rest of this season while I watch our inevitable demise....for the 6th year in a row. You wouldn't know about having to make smart choices...and I'm not talking about whether or not to buy oxyclean or generic zit cream tini. Next year hope springs eternal.
I don't have a zit issue, thanks for your concern though.

Thanks for the advice asshole.

Or, I could help Sacky break down his tailgate, then head over in what should be plenty of time, only to have some abnormally long line for no apparent reason.

Do people take down their tailgates before the game?

another fan bites the dust. And another one's gone and another's one gone, another fan bites the dust.

Dear ol CU will only have about 5,000 fans left....

See ya. I may stop by if and when they return to the top 25 on a regular basis. Call me fair weather, call not a true fan, doesnt change the fact the school doesnt present a product worth buying.

Or I'll call you a guy with no loyalty or guts. Don't show up when CU is rocking it.

So how come all these 80, 90, 100K seat stadiums around the rest of the country aren't having the same problem? Or a much worse one for that matter considering the size of the crowds?

The worst fan traffic jam I ever experinced was at Michigan Stadium in 1997 at the CU game (the one where Slick went all ballistic on John Hessler). No organization whatsoever ... line jumpers had no problem cutting ahead of those of us who were politely standing in line waiting our turn. Came to the point I actually threatened violence against one of the line jumpers, since the so-called security personnel were doing nothing.

And this was before 9/11.

I knew we were in trouble when people started leaving after we scored that late TD, it's the ultimate jinx. It's a bigger jinx then BCS's gameday threads. Why does it matter if if you get home 15 minutes sooner anyways?

Couple of other thoughts- Jonathan Hawkins left the team to deal with some personal issues that's why he hasn't played this year, Tyler Ahles was moved back to LB for anyone who didn't notice, there was a 4th recruit at the game a tall skinny white kid with short brown hair, rep to the SI writter who picked WSU to beat us before the season and neg rep to everyone who scoffed at the notion that it could happen.

Some douchebag snuck in some pepper spray in an NFL preseason game and used it. After that, security to NFL and college games went up another notch. So, now, they have to frisk everyone. Stupid.

They need an extra row of fence so they can pre-search everyone.

We came in from the west at the south end of the stadium. The line at the southwest entrance had to have been 3 times as long as the southeast entrance. My son's roomate's parents went to the southwest entrance about 10 or 15 minutes before us. We went to the southeast. We were in to see Ralphie run. They didn't get in until halfway through the first quarter.

Two things I noticed at the game that some have already noted:

1. When Colorado scored to go up by 10, people were streaming out. WTF?? There was an eternity left on the clock (as we sadly found out). I didn't get that at all.

2. The band NEVER plays anymore. There used to be numerous fight songs and **** em up songs all day long to keep people pumped. I was telling my dad that I think it might have to do with the stupid ass paid advertising during breaks that needs to be "heard" by the crowd. If that is the case, then MB needs to pull his head out of his ass and make this about the college football experience, not the eternal chase to squeeze every penny of revenue out of the football game.

I am actually starting to get really annoyed at how MB has continued to put our football program in very tough positions to maximize revenue. This isn't the freaking NFL. Help put the team and coaching staff in a position to win(better scheduling and amping up the crowd).

Back