What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

October 4th - The Return of Michael Adkins

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
13 carries for 79 yards (6.1 ypc) and a touchdown, plus 1 catch for 7 yards.

He still doesn't look 100%, but he's getting close. This bye week should help him.

Need to get him going and hopefully it started today.

One big thing -- he's got to get a ton of reps working on his receiving this coming offseason. He's not confident or natural right now and could be such a weapon for us in the short passing game.

Nice numbers. Hopefully, the RB drops were an aberration. It would be nice to be able to use Adkins in the passing game, not just the short, but also in developed routes (a la Matt Forte for the Bears).

I'm actually surprised Adkins on got 79 cause it seemed like he was going all day. But the thing that impressed me most was it looked like he was in the middle banging a lot more than we have been and breaking tackles.

Not an excuse for most of the drops buut Sefo needs to get better at where he puts the ball when he throws to the backs. Lots of reaching for balls or having to stop momentum..

Should come with more experience.

Reactions: aik
Not an excuse for most of the drops buut Sefo needs to get better at where he puts the ball when he throws to the backs. Lots of reaching for balls or having to stop momentum..

Hmm...that's sure not how I saw it. Most of the drops sure seemed like they were on throws that were right on target.

Wasn't OSU supposed to have a pretty good DL? It was great to see him do well yesterday. His ypc average was pretty darn good too.

Glad they didn't sit him like I suggested in another thread. I thought he had a high ankle sprain and those are a pain in the ass. Sounded like he played really well. Agree on our rbs catching the damn ball. Hours in front of the jug gun will fix that ****. Turn that bitch up, that'll make you concentrate. Catch it or **** up your fingers.

Well we lost by 5, just saying. We can't afford many mistakes, the margin for error is so small.

In his post-game interview, Adkins said that he talked to his mom after last week and she emphasized some stuff in his pastor's sermon. Adkins took it to heart and was able to flush the negative thoughts he was having, work on fixing a couple things, and bring it this week.

Now he needs to build on this. That TD he scored around the left end showed a ton of speed along with some good footwork and some tough running through arm tackles.

Adkins needs to give USC something to worry about in the run game.

Hmm...that's sure not how I saw it. Most of the drops sure seemed like they were on throws that were right on target.

As I said no excuse. He did have at least a couple of ball that were right where they should have been that got flat dropped. The Adkins drop in the second half cost us a 20 yard gain.

My point is that I also saw a lot of balls that went to the backs, some caught, some not, that forced the backs to stop, reach back, stretch out, or wait on balls that if delivered on time and in the right spot would be easier catches and would facilitate bigger gains. He also needs to work on getting the right velocity, not just slowly lobbing it out there but also not, as he does at times throwing a 10 yard fastball that doesn't give the receiver a decent chance to catch it.

I'm not complaining. Sefo is playing much better in many ways than I expected him to at this point and is improving rapidly. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have areas that he could be better in and this one is one of them.

Also discussed with a guy sitting near me that on a number of passes and immediately after Sefo looked like a QB with sore ribs. He has taken a lot of shots this year, hopefully with the bye week he can heal up some and play more comfortably.

Last edited:

Huh? They were right in their hands every time. It was the most frustrating thing to watch. I'm hoarse today from screaming at 'em to catch the damned ball. :lol:

Huh? They were right in their hands every time. It was the most frustrating thing to watch. I'm hoarse today from screaming at 'em to catch the damned ball. :lol:

It actually seemed like they caught the bad throws and dropped the ones that Sefo pinned on their chests. Probably thinking about what they're going to do with the ball instead of securing it first on the good ones. Mental errors, not physical.

It actually seemed like they caught the bad throws and dropped the ones that Sefo pinned on their chests. Probably thinking about what they're going to do with the ball instead of securing it first on the good ones. Mental errors, not physical.
No doubt they were peaking.

^^This^^

I was at a good angle to see those plays and this is spot on. Lots of catches of less than perfect throws. Drops of the easy ones.

I think Adkins is the best all around back we have and has also been my biggest disappointment. Glad to hear he is healing, didn't know that was an issue. He needs to work on catching the ball, but if he is healthy, he is probably our best back.

I think Adkins is the best all around back we have and has also been my biggest disappointment. Glad to hear he is healing, didn't know that was an issue. He needs to work on catching the ball, but if he is healthy, he is probably our best back.

Bye week came at a good time for him. He had a solid, hopefully confidence inducing, performance and now gets 2 weeks to heal up.

Bye week came at a good time for him. He had a solid, hopefully confidence inducing, performance and now gets 2 weeks to heal up.
Get the whole team healed up. We could surprise the Kitties...we'll be healthier and their coaching staff will be going into overdrive trying to not let the team look past us. It is in AZ and we're a terrible road team, but this has the setup of an upset. They're a lucky 5-0 and we're an unlucky 2-4.

Get the whole team healed up. We could surprise the Kitties...we'll be healthier and their coaching staff will be going into overdrive trying to not let the team look past us. It is in AZ and we're a terrible road team, but this has the setup of an upset. They're a lucky 5-0 and we're an unlucky 2-4.

We've had good success on the road this year.

we play usc next

Back