What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive Expectations for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Alabaster Yak

Club Member
Club Member
Disregard - Didn't know how to do that poll right away. Please delete or merge this thread with the poll.

Last edited:
Misleading thread title. Expected quotes from all the sandy vagina posters.

On second thought, it will probably end up that way. :popcorn:

Modest increase. The biggest thing is becoming more efficient in terms of scoring. Goal line stands killed us last year. Turnover as well will determine the fate of the team.

2 - We need more production out of the RB in terms of scoring, but other than that I don't see much of a change.

In 2012, CU's scoring offense was 120th in the country at 17.8 pts/game. In HCMM and Lindgren's first year in 2013, the offense jumped 32 spots to 88th in scoring at 25.4 pts/game and followed that up with a 21 spot jump to 67th last year at 28.5 pts/game.

What are your expectations for this offense in it's 3rd year under HCMM and Lindgren?

[Not sure how to edit the poll options]

1 - Huge jump - Sefo, Spruce, Fields and our RB committee light it up and keep us in every game > 35 pts/game
2 - Modest increase - We'll have some fireworks in OOC & a few P12 defenses ~ 32 pts/game
3 - Stay the same - The offense reached it's scoring peak in 2014 = 28 pts/game
4 - Slight decrease - More emphasis on the running game and ball control quells the scoring ~ 25 pts/game
5 - Utter disaster - Nothing works, Sefo regresses and our running game is highly ineffective < 22 pts/game

We need to get to #2, if the stay flat then I'm worried we hit our ceiling. I like Sefo and have confidence he can improve and not much was lost in skill supporting cast (replacements may be improvements). May have some struggles inside until line gels, but I think the line will take a step forward this year. Running game becoming better will be the key driver to this, taking some pressure off the pass game and getting a few explosive running plays. Will take a lot right to get to #1, but it could be in the realm of possibility if a 3rd WR steps up and we get solid TE contribution like McCullough gave us at the end of the year along with 50 ypg increase in the running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back