What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive Expectations for 2015

What are your expectations for the offense in year 3?

• Huge jump - Sefo & Co. light it up and keep us in every game > 35 pts/game

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Modest increase - We'll have some fireworks in OOC & a few P12 defenses ~ 32 pts/game

Votes: 66 72.5%
  • Stay the same - The offense reached it's scoring peak in 2014 = 28 pts/game

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Slight decrease - More emphasis on the running game quells the scoring ~ 25 pts/game

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Complete disaster - Nothing works, Sefo regresses & running game is ineffective < 22 pts/game

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
I didn't say he did. Steele was used as a reference

The point is he was giving his opinion of what he thinks, he doesn't care what an expert or anyone else on this site thinks because its his opinion. He also doesn't care if he is wrong because its his opinion.

The point is he was giving his opinion of what he thinks, he doesn't care what an expert or anyone else on this site thinks because its his opinion. He also doesn't care if he is wrong because its his opinion.
I'm well aware

Though our kicker situation may cost us some points here or there...

This was something I was just thinking about actually. While it's my opinion that our offense and defense will be improved, leading to a net increase in scoring, our kicking game could slow that increase if it's as bad as some people are concerned about it.

The running game will get better and I believe Sefo improves as well. Moderate improvement but more effective.

Call me a sunshine pumper I guess, which is the opposite of last year. I think Brian Lindgren is an exceptional offensive coordinator and the offensive improvement in his two years here has been remarkable. The improvement has been completely overshadowed by the horrid defense and overall record. I think the offense takes another solid step forward in 2015 with all of the returning players, less turnovers, improved defense and is averaging 35+ points per game on average. Of course, I certainly won't complain if we snag option #2 either.

Call me a sunshine pumper I guess, which is the opposite of last year. I think Brian Lindgren is an exceptional offensive coordinator and the offensive improvement in his two years here has been remarkable. The improvement has been completely overshadowed by the horrid defense and overall record. I think the offense takes another solid step forward in 2015 with all of the returning players, less turnovers, improved defense and is averaging 35+ points per game on average. Of course, I certainly won't complain if we snag option #2 either.

28 teams averaged greater than 35 ppg last year, and all but Appalachian St (provisional FBS member), went bowling.

78f9136a9017af5a1984314ed081ccff.jpg

Trying to make this into a "sunshine pumpers v doomsayers" thing is silly. There are valid reasons to vote #3 or worse and still think the offense will improve to some degree or that staying the same will not be a big issue. The new guards are definitely a concern until proven otherwise though.
I go back and forth from 2 and 3. With an improved defense one would think teams won't sleep as much on CU, after they go up by 2-3 scores and we shouldn't have to throw as much. It may in turn mean we don't have to score immediately due to being down 2-3 scores early on. I like our potential on O, with added experience at the QB position and hopefully an improved RB crew.

We could be a much better offense and still not score significantly more points.

Cut down on the turnovers, especially the INTs that result in TDs or set up easy scores. Be more effective on first downs and maintain control of the ball. Generate more first downs and move field position helping the D.

Hopefully with a couple of more physical guards and the new RBs we will be more effective running the ball and this can happen.

Time of possession has been shown not to be a big factor in winning and losing but turnovers and field position do have a strong correlation. The offense can help with both of those making us better.

Vote #3 but hope for the improvements listed here.

This again:yeahthat:

I might add, The Buffs need to reduce drive killing penalties. Especially when one forces them to kick a field goal instead of getting the TD.

As I mentioned in the Hawaii thread...I hope we establish the run game by settling on Powell/Lindsay as our powerback/scatback combo...maybe Baltazaar if he shows. No more running back by committee.

Here is my top six reasons for Powell/Lindsay:
1) Even as a short yardage back Powell led the committee in yards last year
2) Like body blows in boxing, power running pays dividends that go beyond stats
3) Every back needs to establish a rhythm
4) Guards need to establish an interior run-block rhythm needed to convert those 3rd and shorts
5) Powell is a Sr who has tried hard for four years and is going to be motivated to break through this year
6) Synergy is achieved if Lindsay can run around the tackles, or take off on lateral the pass.

By getting the run game going we could see our offensive numbers translate into wins this year (better 3rd down conversions, TDs instead of FGAs, fewer interceptions) while also helping our D.

Ill go with modest increase. If we can open up the middle of the field, who knows how much better it could be. Can't have boneheaded picks this year either, at least minimize them.

I might have to temper my expectations a bit if Sefo shows up to camp at his current weight (245lb). It sounds like he bulked up and perhaps it wasn't all good weight.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210144606

"He said he wasn’t feeling the least bit sluggish after the two-year, 25-plus pound gain. Rather, he believes he will be stronger and more durable come August, making him a more effective runner when that’s called for."

Where do you get that it wasn't all "good weight"?

"He said he wasn’t feeling the least bit sluggish after the two-year, 25-plus pound gain. Rather, he believes he will be stronger and more durable come August, making him a more effective runner when that’s called for."

Where do you get that it wasn't all "good weight"?

The part where he says most of it is in his legs. He was never fleet of foot and this is not going to help.

He has always been durable, yet immobile. How is adding 15 pounds a good thing in this scenario?

To Hk's point, Sefo mentioned wanting to be a little lighter and not knowing where the weight is coming from, so I would take that as, "I need to lose a little weight". Just my opinion, though.

IMO, if he plays around 235, there's no problem. They don't ask him to be a runner much anyways, and if being more durable and adding some more velocity to his throws comes out of it, great.

I might have to temper my expectations a bit if Sefo shows up to camp at his current weight (245lb). It sounds like he bulked up and perhaps it wasn't all good weight.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210144606

That's a big jump based on the article information. Putting on good weight rather than bad weight is something the majority of lifters worry about since most aren't powerlifters. Also, you, nor I have any clue if it hurt his mobility at all, but reading the article he says his footwork and quickness has improved with the weight. Maybe his legs were underdeveloped, well you're gonna pack on a lot of weight quickly if you are hitting legs and your diet is on point. Sefo is somoan and they tend to be bigger built athletes.

I'm sure some of it is bad weight, but that will easily be ran off during camp. He'll also probably lose 10 more pounds over the course of the season as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back