What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive Expectations for 2015

What are your expectations for the offense in year 3?

• Huge jump - Sefo & Co. light it up and keep us in every game > 35 pts/game

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Modest increase - We'll have some fireworks in OOC & a few P12 defenses ~ 32 pts/game

Votes: 66 72.5%
  • Stay the same - The offense reached it's scoring peak in 2014 = 28 pts/game

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Slight decrease - More emphasis on the running game quells the scoring ~ 25 pts/game

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Complete disaster - Nothing works, Sefo regresses & running game is ineffective < 22 pts/game

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
In what world does being close to 250lbs help a guy with already limited mobility?

browns-steelers-footb-rotzjpg-c1453889bcecb7a5.jpg
But less rapey.

In what world does being close to 250lbs help a guy with already limited mobility?

Sefo will never be a runner. Just like Ski never became a leader. We need to accept that. However, added weight can help a lot with durability, sack evasion, and it can also help for power running.

And why jump it up to 250? 8 pounds is a lot. If he's adding muscle and strength, it's fine. If he's adding fat, it's not. The point is there's no need to drop expectations because he's gained weight. At this point it just shows an example of the re-emphasis in the SC program working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Ben actually has some dancing feet. He may not have straight forward speed but he can extend a play. As much of a Sefo as I am, at times he looks like he is hauling around an anvil out there.

First of all, he's 242 lbs, so let's not get carried away by exaggerating how heavy he is. Secondly, it wouldn't help him in Oregon's offense, but CU isn't asking him to run 10+ times a game. As long as he's not a statue in the pocket, can avoid the rush and buy some time, he'll be fine. We're not talking about him gaining weight drastically affecting how the offense operates.

Sefo will never be a runner. Just like Ski never became a leader. We need to accept that. However, added weight can help a lot with durability, sack evasion, and it can also help for power running.

And why jump it up to 250? 8 pounds is a lot. If he's adding muscle and strength, it's fine. If he's adding fat, it's not. The point is there's no need to drop expectations because he's gained weight. At this point it just shows an example of the re-emphasis in the SC program working.

Your first paragraph is just talking in circles.

Your second is like a child's belief in Santa Claus.

Your first paragraph is just talking in circles.

Your second is like a child's belief in Santa Claus.

So you don't actually have a real response? Added weight doesn't have to be bad weight like you're making it out to be. Using your logic Speedy was too heavy.

I am not sure a little added weight will make that much of a difference either way. This is a non issue for me. Now if he was losing a ton of weight, or ballooned up to 260, then I would be concerned.

So you don't actually have a real response? Added weight doesn't have to be bad weight like you're making it out to be. Using your logic Speedy was too heavy.

Comparing Sefo and Speedy is asinine and does not demonstrate "my logic". My logic is, if you take someone who can be statuesque under center and add 10-15 pounds, how is this going to make him more elusive? It won't.

Comparing Sefo and Speedy is asinine and does not demonstrate "my logic". My logic is, if you take someone who can be statuesque under center and add 10-15 pounds, how is this going to make him more elusive? It won't.

I don't see Sefo as a statue by any means. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers are statues in the pocket. Sefo is absolutely closer to Big Ben than any of those guys in regard to his mobility.

I don't see Sefo as a statue by any means. Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers are statues in the pocket. Sefo is absolutely closer to Big Ben than any of those guys in regard to his mobility.

Is it hard to keep straight when you're logged in as 'Tini vs when you're Undefeated?? :rofl:

I am not sure a little added weight will make that much of a difference either way. This is a non issue for me. Now if he was losing a ton of weight, or ballooned up to 260, then I would be concerned.

It's not like he was big last year either. He clearly has room to added weight

7935bd018beb53910943ec16759bf804.jpg

I wouldn't compare Sefo to Big Ben either, Ben in college and early in his career was way more mobile than Sefo, not saying Sefo is a statue, Sefo can move around when he need to and run with a little success, but not much beyond that.

It's not like he was big last year either. He clearly has room to added weight

7935bd018beb53910943ec16759bf804.jpg

Agree here, we'll just have to wait and see how he looks in fall practice. If it is good weight in the legs, he'll have a better base to throw from which could mean slightly better accuracy and throwing power from him. If not well we still got Gehrke!

Agree here, we'll just have to wait and see how he looks in fall practice. If it is good weight in the legs, he'll have a better base to throw from which could mean slightly better accuracy and throwing power from him. If not well we still got Gehrke!

I didn't even think of the throwing benefits, good call

I really really wonder how our OL is going to do. I think that our tackles are going to be beasts...maybe unstoppable for the lesser teams. Nembot has to be motivated since this is his shot and he has real NFL potential. Irwin is a mauler who is only getting bigger and smarter. I wonder how our guards/center will do?

Our OL was respectable...even good...last year. God forbid injuries, I think our OL may be next-level better this year. We may have a shaky start to 4-0, but IMHO, if things go right (and we are due), these five guys keep their noses to the grindstone and play to their potential, our offense could engender terror in the defenses of the South and this is no joke. Our D may still lag and we might win just a few Pac12 track meets, but the USC and Stanford Ds will come to Folsom with some butterflies. There is no cool-aide here. Our offense was good in 2014 and even better than people think...and that was without this year's legit run game. We were an unlucky team that should have won at least +2 games in America's toughest division. The law of averages says we get on our trend-line this year.

Last edited:
I really really wonder how our OL is going to do. I think that our tackles are going to be beasts...maybe unstoppable for the lesser teams. Nembot has to be motivated since this is his shot and he has real NFL potential. Irwin is a mauler who is only getting bigger and smarter. I wonder how our guards/center will do?

Our OL was respectable...even good...last year. God forbid injuries, I think our OL may be next-level better this year. We may have a shaky start to 4-0, but IMHO, if things go right (and we are due), these five guys keep their noses to the grindstone and play to their potential, our offense could engender terror in the defenses of the South and this is no joke. Our D may still lag and we might win just a few Pac12 track meets, but the USC and Stanford Ds will come to Folsom with some butterflies. There is no cool-aide here. Our offense was good in 2014 and even better than people think...and that was without this year's legit run game. We were an unlucky team that should have won at least +2 games in America's toughest division. The law of averages says we get on our trend-line this year.

I like this post. I hope it's true. I really think we need to commit to the run to make it happen. I hope Lindgren is willing to do that. Less smoke and mirrors and more power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like this post. I hope it's true. I really think we need to commit to the run to make it happen. I hope Lindgren is willing to do that. Less smoke and mirrors and more power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We tried to commit to the run last year in the early season with disastrous results. The single biggest turning point in our offensive efficiency would be to know we can get the 2-3 tough yards when needed to open up the passing game.

Back