What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive line next season

It wouldn't surprise me if Harris moved inside to guard.

LT - Bakhtiari
LG - Asiata
C - Handler or Munyer (Munyer's more talented, but hasn't put it together)
RG - Harris
RT - Lewis

It wouldn't surprise me if Harris moved inside to guard.

LT - Bakhtiari
LG - Asiata
C - Handler or Munyer (Munyer's more talented, but hasn't put it together)
RG - Harris
RT - Lewis

I know you're pretty high on Lewis, but do you think he could really hold off Nembot?

He didn't seem to put on as much weight as we needed him to during his greyshirt year, so maybe another off-season will get him up near 300 pounds.

Harris is versatile, so as long as the better player won the RT job, I wouldn't mind if he kicked inside to help stabilize the interior.

That lineup looks good Nik.

Scotty, I think people need to be a little patient with Nembot. He is a big time talent and he did well on the scout team, but I think he needs another season before he will be a serious contender. As far as Lewis' weight, remember that his sickness early in the season did not help.

Scotty, I think people need to be a little patient with Nembot. He is a big time talent and he did well on the scout team, but I think he needs another season before he will be a serious contender. As far as Lewis' weight, remember that his sickness early in the season did not help.

iirc, he was up to around 280 from being around 240 before the grayshirt, then lost around 15 lbs the first week of the season while he was sick.

I'd expect him to be a solid 290 for 2012.

iirc, he was up to around 280 from being around 240 before the grayshirt, then lost around 15 lbs the first week of the season while he was sick.

I'd expect him to be a solid 290 for 2012.

Forgot about him being sick this year (you guys don't miss a thing!) Thought he was 260ish after high school?

Understood on Nembot, but I see us needing a RT that is an old-school road-grader. Lewis always struck me as a LT protector moreso than a road-grader.

With all that, our starters might look "OK" (how many times have we said that in the past 5 years?), but the depth behind them is brutally thin and inexperienced.

Last edited:
Forgot about him being sick this year (you guys don't miss a thing!) Thought he was 260ish after high school?

Understood on Nembot, but I see us needing a RT that is an old-school road-grader. Lewis always struck me as a LT protector moreso than a road-grader.

With all that, our starters might look "OK" (how many times have we said that in the past 5 years?), but the depth behind them is brutally thin and inexperienced.

My biggest concern. I think that the staff is going to be able to put together a line that is capable of doing what we need to do and be more effective than this years line. My concerns are twofold. One is that we will have a lot of turnover in the line along with a new QB and being in the second year of a changeover in system. The starting five is going to need to work together as much as possible to develop the cohesiveness that an effective O-line has to have to succeed. The other problem is that we will be paper thin so with an injury situation we are looking at both a drop-off abilitywise and another issue with cohesion in the line.

All that in mind, I am looking forward to having a line in which all five guys are willing to fire out and try to move the line of scrimmage.

Know would be just wonderful?? To be able to let next years starters sit out a few plays in big wins over CSU and our fcs opponent to develop some depth. I expect Fresno to be a fight and it's on the road, so who knows if we will show up.

That being said, I think Bak and Harris stay at LT and RT but the interior line is all up for grabs. I think another offseason with Blacken and working together will work wonders for our offensive mentality and toughness along the line

Back