What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensive Production needs to turn into points

Slightly misleading as your Scoring Offense is based on a "per game" calculation, but the others are based on "total production". Our Scoring Offense is #84 per game, but #66 overall.

Revised:

Passing Yards/Game = #31
Rushing Yards/Game = #72
Total Yards/Game = #51
Points Scored/Game = #84

I think the numbers still support your position though.

Why is that misleading? Some teams have only played 3 games this year, so "per game" is the only relevant comparison.

these numbers show CU is improving. Something most everyone said they wanted to see this year. We are not where we want to be, but improvement is happening under HCMM.

Why is that misleading? Some teams have only played 3 games this year, so "per game" is the only relevant comparison.

Go back and look at your original post. The rankings that you posted on the passing offense, rushing offense, and total offense were from an aggregate yardage perspective, not from a yds/game perspective. The scoring ranking was a ppg ranking.

Go back and look at your original post. The rankings that you posted on the passing offense, rushing offense, and total offense were from an aggregate yardage perspective, not from a yds/game perspective. The scoring ranking was a ppg ranking.

Gotcha. That is misleading. Rep.

I don't think it's a good idea to compare our rankings to last year quite yet, unless you're looking at where we were through 4 games last year.

I don't think anyone needs reminded as to what our season long numbers included. We still have to play most of the teams that pushed our rankings down.

(Unless everyone is actually looking at rankings through the first four games last year.)

I don't think it's a good idea to compare our rankings to last year quite yet, unless you're looking at where we were through 4 games last year.

I don't think anyone needs reminded as to what our season long numbers included. We still have to play most of the teams that pushed our rankings down.

(Unless everyone is actually looking at rankings through the first four games last year.)

The only reason it may be relevant is because everyone's kind of in the same boat of having played its non-conference games so far with maybe a conference game mixed in. Except for the non P5 schools, relative strength of opponents is about the same for everyone and will remain the same for everyone. These numbers are national ranks, after all, not simple productivity of the Buffs team. In other words, we may get fewer yards and give up more yards as the season progresses, but all the other P5 schools should too.

it is like a chess match out there. Every game is going to be different and game planned for just as differently. We are all looking into all these scewed stats way to much.

indiana just beat mizzou
lsu lost to ms st
boise smoked csu
nubs should have lost to mkneese freakn state
unc rolled by ecu
bc beat usc
grandfather time should have beat auburn

shall i continue?

The only reason it may be relevant is because everyone's kind of in the same boat of having played its non-conference games so far with maybe a conference game mixed in. Except for the non P5 schools, relative strength of opponents is about the same for everyone and will remain the same for everyone. These numbers are national ranks, after all, not simple productivity of the Buffs team. In other words, we may get fewer yards and give up more yards as the season progresses, but all the other P5 schools should too.
case in point: Oregon v. WSU last week. Everybody's road is harder now.

Back